Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Is the always online DRM still a thing here?
yes

Well fuck them.
The worst part is that you're buying it on steam - which itself is online DRM. So we've got DRM in our DRM.

9jBbhrY.png

Icymad

Novice
You do get two bonus missions (without additional payment) in Sapienza if you own the complete 1st season.
There is a bonus mission in France as well, but it's just the same scenario with two different targets (two low-life thiefs). They should have integrated these targets in the main mission if you like, maybe online mode allows this. I would still prefer more mission locations, some smaller missions for variety sake and the ability to choose the difficulty in offline mode.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The locations are big enough to house multiple missions without ever having to visit the same places or use the same routes. I just completed a contract which had me kill 4 people in specific clothes and with specific weapons (optional objectives) and while knowledge of the location helps a lot, I never had to retrace the steps I took to kill the story mission targets. Also, Sapienza's bonus missions alter the location noticeably.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
There is this spot are a few spots where you can hear some bodyguards people speaking something in Italian, and that seems to be an exception to the general rule that everybody now speaks English. Why the exception? Was this some kind of experiment you made during development or what was the reason?.

So in general everything we expect people to understand - or where it s characters you might interact with - they speak English. We don't want the situation where an Italian speaker and English speaker communicates in their own languages - that would be silly. So to keep that simple everyone speaks English.

The Italian is then used to add some spice to the scenery. The ambiance from the crowds are also language specific. So always for people behind closed doors or out of sight.

So a lot of people complained that all this English (even without accents) is killing immersivsnese. That is true and something we might look at in the future to do something about.

Second, I checked the square enix forums, how come there isn't a thread for player suggestions for mission locations? .

Dunno. Can't you just make a new thread? The fan place to go is here: https://www.hitmanforum.com/
We read that.

Cadmus

Arcane
Did you know that Italians don't speak to each other in an italian accent?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The game interface, controls and key mapping is just abysmal. And why the fuck cuban soldiers were equipped with american weapons eg. M16 clone in the first non-tutorial mission? Was it so hard to include AK clones in their game? Considering they didnt even had money to buy proper name license for weapons, i think some liberal/sjw was in charge of weapons modeling department.

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
Did you know that Italians don't speak to each other in an italian accent?

I just wrote people complained that it ruined immersivenes, so yes we know. :) It is all about balancing authenticity vs. practical production realities as I just described. Plus, many native English speakers don't like "foreign" speaking games.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's really sad if you're dropping the foreign languages. They were a big part of the atmosphere in Silent Assassin. Those whining English-speakers can't be satisfied with subtitles, I guess?

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
As a man who had finished all previous Hitmans (except the first one) should I try Absolution before Episodes. Was it that bad?

Vibalist

Arcane
As a man who had finished all previous Hitmans (except the first one) should I try Absolution before Episodes. Was it that bad?

No, it's decent. It's actually more difficult than Blood Money if you play on some of the higher difficulties due to guards being extremely perceptive, but that's also in part due to the fact all the help (walhack ability and hiding your face) is turned off once you beyond beyond normal difficulty, and Absolution is clearly tailored around having it turned on.

It's not a very good Hitman game, though, as the levels are small, pretty linear (except for a few open arenas) and there's a plethora of cutscenes that sometimes interrupt the gameplay. If you accept it as a kind of weird spinoff you could probably enjoy it, but don't expect anything like previous Hitman titles.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't like Blood Money btw, guards can't see through your disguise if you hanging around for too long. Well, I think I'll give Absolution a shot.

dunno lah

Arcane
The suspicion meter in BM goes up gradually, albeit a little slow and better indicates suspicion , unlike the previous two games where the meter just goes berserk as you walk past another guard and you sorta pray and hope they dont shoot you. (Doing this on Pro difficulty is impossible according to experience. They see through your disguise far too quickly. In practice though, I feel the pre-Blood Money way was much cooler as you get the pleasure of tension, which is enhanced with the suspicion/blown cover music playing whenever you get into those situations.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
The suspicion meter is garbage in Blood Money and it's really, really hard to actually blow your cover. You can run into a restricted area in your suit and run away from guards for a good 15 seconds before they take aggressive action, at which point you can often carry out your assignment and run away or just lose the guards (they get easily countered by the humble elevators and even some corners). I personally think that a good entry level challenge for a BM afficionado is to simply play without ever letting the alert meter go yellow - it rules out a few silly AI abuses, although also extremely versatile methods like accidents and mines. However, I consider BM a more sandboxish game than other entrees in the series, and it does it very well - it's like The Incedible Machine of Hitman games - so I don't mind it that much, and a self-imposed challenge goes a long way.

The most perfect suspicion meter, IMHO, was in Contracts. Its strengths included the fact that "civilian" disguises (butchers, chefs, reporters etc.) were very restricted in where they could go, but they were mostly free to run next to guards without invoking their ire. The guard disguises, however, required you to be very careful around enemies, as they would be very suspicious of their own compatriots. On the flipside, though, guards can most often go anywhere they want. There were a couple disguises that were very situational and could be easily blown if you used them with wrong timing - the opium waiter at the Romanian BDSM party in the slaughterhouse can easily do the whole mission and get everywhere, but there is only one opium waiter at the party, so you have to make sure the guards don't see the two of you. BM lacked those moments.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
everythingisfine.gif http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...une-content-amid-square-trying-to-sell-studio

Hitman reveals June content, amid Square Enix trying to sell studio
Dead man walking.

The Hitman series' fate is uncertain with publisher Square Enix looking to sell the studio responsible for making it, IO Interactive. That hasn't stopped the Danish developer from plugging away at making new content for its excellent assassination adventure.

Today IO revealed its slate of new content coming in June. This includes two Escalation Contracts: The Spaggiari Subversion in Sapienza's "Landslide" bonus mission and The Asya Attunement in Bangkok.

There will also be the game's 25th Elusive Target, which IO called the penultimate one. We don't know much about it yet, but it will be set in Hokkaido and will launch sometime in June.

Also in the wings are 10 new Featured Contracts wherein the developer highlights its favourite user-generated missions where you must assassinate a chosen target under specific restrictions.

jpg

IO even teased a full game update, but remained cagey on exactly what this will entail. "This update will be mandatory for all players and we're very excited to talk about what it includes. Full release notes and exact timings for this update will also be shared as we get closer to its release date," the developer said.

Right now Square Enix is trying to find a new home for both IO Interactive and the rights to Hitman. Since IO is already deep in development on Hitman's second season, it would be best if the studio and series rights get acquired as a packaged deal. Otherwise IO would have to scrap its Hitman Season Two work.

Last week IO laid off some of its staff, ostensibly to make the now slimmer studio more attractive to potential buyers. Here's hoping the studio and series finds a new publisher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom