Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hitman: Absolution

Wolfus

Arcane
Finished.
Liked.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Major_Blackhart - this should explain it to you.

12942.jpg

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Linear levels. Shoot the fuck out of people on the first floor. Nobody gives a shit on the second floor. Cup your face to 'hide' from enemies. Checkpoints that respawn all enemies.

NOT A STEP BACK. :D

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I enjoyed the game a bit, liked some of the better Splinter Cell elements, but as a Hitman game it is without question a step back from Blood Money and Death to Spies. Without question.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Linear levels. Shoot the fuck out of people on the first floor. Nobody gives a shit on the second floor. Cup your face to 'hide' from enemies. Checkpoints that respawn all enemies.

It's not a step back, it's a gigantic leap back. Would've been fine as a new IP, but noo, let's franchise-rape because marketing department said it could increase sales by 8.7%.

Wolfus

Arcane

I didn't notice this as I never killed anyone except targets. Good point.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

It's not a step back, it's a gigantic leap back. Would've been fine as a new IP, but noo, let's franchise-rape because marketing department said it could increase sales by 8.7%.
Actually no, even new franchises needs to have minimal features that we consider standard for a quality game, hence the immense butthurt about Dishonored having an AI on par or worse than 10 year old Thief games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I didn't notice this as I never killed anyone except targets.

Not even in linear Gears of War-like shootout sequences?

After which everybody on the level forgets they just shot everything they got at you and enemies with civies continue on their scripted paths like nothing happened?

I didn't notice this as I never killed anyone except targets.

Not even in linear Gears of War-like shootout sequences?

What shootout sequences? The only bit where you were forced to actually fire a gun was in tutorial when they made you use the "point shooting" nonsense. That's one time in the whole fucking game. No one who wants to play it properly should use that shit ever again.

MetalCraze

Arcane
What shootout sequences? The only bit where you were forced to actually fire a gun was in tutorial when they made you use the "point shooting" nonsense. That's one time in the whole fucking game. No one who wants to play it properly should use that shit ever again.
Bro you can run or popamole through a wall of cops on a roof firing at you - and it won't matter the moment you enter the next building.

They even turn off the "silent assassin" score for the duration. So the only reason to not shoot in parts like these is either LARPing that you are stealthy or not liking popamole gameplay.

5hitman is so derp they even take away your disguise constantly like 47 carries dozens of default costumes in his underpants or something. Clearly because this here Radiant AI is scripted to (not) react only to costumes present on any given floor.

It's like Oblivion of Hitman games. Except in Oblivion guards wouldn't let shit like that slide.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Developer turns into Popamole developer and gets in the shit, don't see the problem here.

Yes, the adequate measure to take when you have to lay off half your people and cancel projects is to dedicate yourself to an AAA action title. What could possibly go wrong?

Then again, maybe they just don't like success.

Just yesterday i checked out IO's website and the job posts indicated they were developing Kane & Lynch 3 and were looking for multiplayer programmers.
I am really sad to hear this news.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom