Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hideo Kojima leaves Konami - Update: Founds his own studio, new game funded by Sony

Machocruz

Arcane
Nevar forget :salute::

Of course, the game itself didn't deliver on the promise 100%, but this trailer made everything else look antiquated back in 2000. This is what Konami is throwing away.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ok, he pushes the limit to 14 years old. Still a teenager.

Men liking VERY young women is not that abnormal. What I was talking about was him liking... 9 year old girls. Females that haven't even touched puberty. Yes yes, it still makes him perverted for liking women as young as 14, but even at 14 they aren't little girls, they're teens.

Does that mean it's okay to like a 10 year old? That's technically a teen. :troll:

Not as developed as a delicious 13 year old anime girl.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Well, you know, it wouldn't be too out there... both Policenauts and Snatcher were pretty obsessed with being able to fondle women. Especially Policenauts...

All of the scantily clad women in his games were women and not little girls.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that likes girls so I'm ruling this theory out. At best you could claim he was gay/metrosexual due to Raiden.

Hideo is not straight, bi, or gay.

He is Ass-sexual

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Well, you know, it wouldn't be too out there... both Policenauts and Snatcher were pretty obsessed with being able to fondle women. Especially Policenauts...

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that likes girls so I'm ruling this theory out. At best you could claim he was gay/metrosexual due to Raiden.

He is Ass-sexual

Kojima's child hates him and his games. His wife left him after Kojima took his kid to work and when they came back his kid told the wife that all he does at work is play with legos all day (they were using legos to create 3D representations of the game world).

He.. he had a hard life :negative:

dunno lah

Arcane
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-12-war-has-changed-but-has-hideo-kojima

But what about Kojima the man? What do we really know about this guy besides his penchant for action movies and convoluted political satire? My time with the director is limited, so I don't get to delve too deeply into this, but when asked about his day-to-day affairs and hobbies, his answer surprises me. "I was really into building models," he tells me. "But there were two problems with that. One is when I got married my wife threw away all my modelling tools [and] kits, so I haven't done that in 24 years... The other reason is that Shinkawa is too good at modelling and doing sculptures, so it really pisses me off when someone really that good is doing that next to me," he laughs.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
No wonder a constant theme of his games is how Heterosexual relationships are doomed to failure, and the only 'true' relationships are camaraderie bordering on homolust between men.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No wonder a constant theme of his games is how Heterosexual relationships are doomed to failure, and the only 'true' relationships are camaraderie bordering on homolust between men.
Why do you think chaste male love has been so celebrated in almost all centuries of mankind? Women are good only for reproduction.

Whisky

The Solution
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-12-war-has-changed-but-has-hideo-kojima

He is Ass-sexual

Kojima's child hates him and his games. His wife left him after Kojima took his kid to work and when they came back his kid told the wife that all he does at work is play with legos all day (they were using legos to create 3D representations of the game world).

He.. he had a hard life :negative:

The man was building Shadow Moses, not playing with Legos!

But what about Kojima the man? What do we really know about this guy besides his penchant for action movies and convoluted political satire? My time with the director is limited, so I don't get to delve too deeply into this, but when asked about his day-to-day affairs and hobbies, his answer surprises me. "I was really into building models," he tells me. "But there were two problems with that. One is when I got married my wife threw away all my modelling tools [and] kits, so I haven't done that in 24 years... The other reason is that Shinkawa is too good at modelling and doing sculptures, so it really pisses me off when someone really that good is doing that next to me," he laughs.

Damn, his wife sounds like a harpy.

I think it's more sad that in reality, I don't think she left him.

I guess it's to be expected from Mr. "Rosemary is in my opinion, the perfect waifu."

Didn't something like this happen around the time MGS4 was released ?

That was just another "Okay, I'm not going to do MGS4. I'm done."

And then, "MGS4 is the last Metal Gear game I'm doing. I'm going to make something different this time."

Someone managed to get hold of a secret, internal Konami document, which may help to shed some light on the reason for their split with Kojima.

5dd.png

I personally think Konami was not willing to finance his new game, which would finally do away with a plot and annoying characters and completely focus on Snakes Ass.

Whisky

The Solution
kojima610.jpg

"The internet is aflame after hearing the news."

"All according to plan."

"Our contact inside Konami has stated that the higher ups are convinced everything was their choice."

"Let them go on thinking that. It suits our purpose."

"Just like what we did, eh?"

"It couldn't be helped."

"There's just one thing confusing me. What about Silent Hills?"

"They'll assign it to someone else and release it. It'll be nothing like the teaser, far worse. The damage will be catastrophic."

"Taking advantage of the easily riled Silent Hill fanbase? Just like you to say that."

"They would have reacted the same anyways."

"I see. All according to plan?"

"Yes."

"That reminds me, your appointment at Platinum Games has been finalized. We're looking forward to working with you...Mr. Kojima."

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems Kojima is finaly living his fantasy as Snake in real life.

Tehdagah

Arcane
"There's just one thing confusing me. What about Silent Hills?"

"They'll assign it to someone else and release it. It'll be nothing like the teaser, far worse. The damage will be catastrophic."
"It'll be nothing like the teaser"

We can only hope.

Vibalist

Arcane
I'm actually more concerned about the state of Silent Hills than MGS, as I was really looking forward to that game. :(

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ok, he pushes the limit to 14 years old. Still a teenager.

Men liking VERY young women is not that abnormal. What I was talking about was him liking... 9 year old girls. Females that haven't even touched puberty. Yes yes, it still makes him perverted for liking women as young as 14, but even at 14 they aren't little girls, they're teens.

Does that mean it's okay to like a 10 year old? That's technically a teen. :troll:
Don't know bro, I always assumed a "teen" would have an age ending on "teen" so 13-19

Branm

Learned
Hmm interesting....Have known Peter Stone (Branch director at Konami Europe) for ages will have to dig around on what happened.

But no this wont effect Konami....They get their vast amount of income from trading cards.

Roderick

Savant
I'm somewhat interested in playing metal gear solid 3. shame there isn't a pc version. I played only the first one. the second one from what i gather seems to have a kind of cool start and then goes to very pretentious shit. is that correct?

Last edited:
I'm somewhat interested in playing metal gear solid 3. shame there isn't a pc version. I played only the first one. the second one from what i gather seems to have a kind of cool start and then goes to very pretentious shit. is that correct?

In my opinion, MGS is one of the few gaming series that has managed to remain good, without any game in the main series that can be considered notably worse than the others. I personally like parts 2 and 4 the least, but I would say its mostly personal preference, without the game being really at fault. I dislike most of the characters in 2 (Raiden and his bitch Rosemary take the cake with their inane Codec conversations), but the gameplay itself is good and its a worthy successor to the first game. One "problem" with 2 is the plot, especially the ending. If you dont play any of the later games (especially 4), the ending will very likely leave you kinda confused.
Still, I'd actually recommend every single MGS game if you have a chance to play it, you cant do much wrong with the series.

Also, Raidens ass isnt nearly as satisfying to look at as Snakes shapely behind is.

Last edited:

TedNugent

Arcane
Metal Gear Solid 3 is the only game in the series I'd recommend to an "outsider."

Unless you want to go full tard like I did and play every game in the series.

The story is pretty fucking stupid. Except for Revolver Ocelot. He is glorious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom