Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hide treasure or caves

Anonymous

Hi
I've look for hide treasure in earth or cave. There is of course all the jelewery you can find in the cave of the unknown location, the burial mound and the buryed coffer in the cave of herwood or cattanford.
There is also a huge cave in burial mound and in tis cave there is two dors. The second one you can't open it with a pick axe. But if you look for hiding places in front of the house of the hight priest you find an entrence of a cave who goes until the other side of the door.
So did you find any more hided caves or treasures?
Also a little trick! If you close all the door of an house an there is nobody in it you can still everything! Nobody will see it! But of course you will loose charisma.
regards

Anonymous

Other places

Hi
I've explored a little more some village and I've found
-At Herwod,a coffer in Ortwin properti, just west ortwin's sleeping house
-At Cattanford, a cofferat Afilda properti, in the potion house
-At Heremood hall, two coffer just north-east Heremood sleeping house
-At Tiu's grove, a cave entrance just south the two priest house.
Oping that you will say me some other hiding places...

Jora

Arcane
Hi

I don't remember finding many treasures. I did find some kind of a cursed sword and armor but nothing very fancy. The digging ability is pretty useless especially considering how easy it is to get more money than you need or are even able to carry.

I didn't realise how much I've forgotten about the game. I need to play it again.

Anonymous

There is also Burial Mound that you can found if you ask Hugbert at Heremod all.
And there is also a hug cave south Heremood all with a lot of case

Anonymous

It is possible to find any treasure or cave entrance at a moment but not at another.
For exemple After acomplishing a quest a treasur appear?

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Apart from what you listed above, you may want to check, among others, the following places:

- Burial Mound (the one Hugbert tells you about): several ruins of houses in the abandoned village
- cave north of Heruwood (your home village)
- Marada's swamp, several caves
- Bruglund, large cave

Also, in the place where you get held up by robbers there are some random-generated caves (in different locations every time).

None of these treasures is a real fortune, though. Most people's wealth at that time consisted of cattle and slaves, and since it was a bartering economy, few had/had much use for silver or gold. Besides, there was too much equality, with very few great lords or kings, who could have had enough surplus wealth to think about burying treasures. (So much for the historical explanation.)

Other treasures can be found in
- Bruglund, Ottokar's farmstead
- Cattanford, smith's farmstead
- Cattanford, Thoralf's farmstead
- Adalmar's farmstead
but these remain their respective owners' property, i.e., you can't take them without stealing.

And there really are some caves with some minor stuff to be found inside almost everywhere.

However, the best way to acquire wealth would be, in my opinion, simply to follow the plot. After defeating the Roman troop of scouts and looting their equipment, after finding the Usipians' treasure, and after winning Ottokar's sword, you should have everything you could possibly wish for...

Adam P

Augur
I have hacked my gold amount (actually had a stack of over 65k coins i believe), but my favorite way to get wealthy is getting the merchant drunk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom