Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

Surprisingly enough, if you play on russian server in DOTA (seriously) you might have a good time, since vast majority of retards are terrorising eu servers.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have contributed to the decline and bought a skin. It was half off... don't judge me...

valla-vampire-slayer.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Got a spare beta key brah? I-it's not like i want to play it, i-i just want to experience how bad it is! that's right. :begauditor:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Got a spare beta key brah? I-it's not like i want to play it, i-i just want to experience how bad it is! that's right. :begauditor:

They don't hand out keys, just randomly select people's battle.net accounts.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This game is pretty great. One of the best MOBAs I've played in years!

All the changes are a fresh breath of air from the old MOBA formula (individual xp, creep kills, items etc.)

I could see myself invest a shitload of time into this game, once it reaches release status. It already plays like a release product, due to blizzard's polish.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh it's casual all right. Of course, the community is still terrible just like any other MOBA.

Sykar

Arcane
Oh it's casual all right. Of course, the community is still terrible just like any other MOBA.

Well that goes without saying. I still remember joining a supposed "noob game" in HoN, asking for advice on a character I never played before and getting nothing. Then when I fall behind getting spammed with "Go get cancer" comments. Not really much better in Dota or LoL either.

I played this during the alpha, it was a slow, casualized, map-objective driven sort of my-first-dota. It felt sluggish, wimpy (as in your hero doesn't actually do anything) and overall shit.

Don't think much has changed in the interim.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It hasn't. While the games are shorter than most DOTA2 matches the pace is slow and health is bloated. It's not a bad game, per se, if you're looking for a MOBA with a lower skill ceiling. A lot of people complain about the financial model (entitles kids today!) but, imo, it's fine. There are currently 33 heroes: 11 at 10k gold, 11 at 7k gold, 5 at 4k gold and 6 at 2k gold. You get around 10k gold a month from daily quests alone. They also run sales and promos all the time. Since the start of alpha they've been selling a pack with three heroes and a mount for $5. There are also larger packs that come with ten or so heroes for $40.

Unfortunately the game is developed at a snail's pace. I have no idea what these guys do all day because it takes at least two or three months to see a significant balance patch. Alpha was a year... I think. I'd expect Closed Beta to be another year.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well you get some heroes and crap, too, but it's a terrible value.

Luckra

Educated
Having played a bit of LoL but mainly DotA, the core gameplay is more or less a copy paste from LoL (controls, camera, spamming spells, bushes) with some interesting mechanics. And the community is terrible as expected.
Anyone who doesn't stand the core gameplay of LoL shouldn't bother with HotS.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Blizzard announced founders pack that gets you into closed beta for 40 $ :lol:

Jezal_k23

Man, I know this is a stretch, but if anyone for whatever reason has a spare key, I'd be honored to receive it. I want to at least try it out because I'm curious, and also because I have a bunch of friends playing already that I wanted to join.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Breh, read the last few posts: no one gets spare keys. You have to enter a giveaway or get randomly selected.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Or unlucky as it were!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom