Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

oneliner

Educated
You will not convince me that the LoL/Dota2-style last hitting dance for 15 minutes requires more skill than the coordination required to establish an early lead in Heroes. Because doing well in the former is only about individual skill, whereas the latter requires both individual skill as well as a global, map-wide coordination among all five team members.

I don't know about LOL but if you think Dota 2 laning phase last 15 minutes and only consist of "last hitting dance" you are just terribad and really should avoid dota.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Leauge and Dota are deep and meaningful. Got the memo.

I just remembered there's a internet song about DOTA by some German techno tweens. They had one about a chatbot call Anna bot too. Codex showed me that.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

A good analysis of a complex HOTS game. Lot's of stuff going on at high levels at play.

abija

Prophet
Brenner vs. abija... two Blizz-shills battling it out.
Second time you post that, what's your proof or hint of?
You're doing more shilling for blizzard with your "I just play to do dailies" posts than I ever did.

Brenner
"We thought we were all 5 there" - impressive minimap awareness
Some minutes later they plan to kill some more creeps, they see enemies fleeing so they chase without the extra level, use big aoe ultimate that hits nobody, still chase and force a fight that they lose...

How the hell you call that high lvl play when it's borderline shit tier? The commentators were probably more skilled than the players.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
You're doing more shilling for blizzard with your "I just play to do dailies" posts than I ever did.

Brenner
Some minutes later they plan to kill some more creeps, they see enemies fleeing so they chase without the extra level, use big aoe ultimate that hits nobody, still chase and force a fight that they lose...

How the hell you call that high lvl play when it's borderline shit tier? The commentators were probably more skilled than the players.

You seem to know an awful lot about the games skill level and skill tiers, especially considering the fact that you don't even play the game that much..

Question: If you're so on top of what is going on, and you definitely know what's up, right? Why aren't you making shitloads of money off this game? Clearly, you know how easy this game is, and you know what to do, because it's so easy!

If I were you, I would cash in on dis game bro. Make a couple of hundred thou dollaros, bang some hot white girls, and live the pro-gamer dream.

What's stoppin' ya? Carpe motherfuckin' diem, bitch!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Brenner

You're shill-ness was evident in your defense of Derpablo 3.

abija

Prophet
Pre nerf inferno progression with a barb was the most fun I had in this genre (would be 2nd if PoE had proper netcode), wish they took a longer post launch break before servicing their casual audience.

Though I'm fairly certain I didn't try to present D3 as something it wasn't. I got a fairly cynical view of the world so can't believe I had rose tinted glasses for D3 all of a sudden but hey go ahead and prove me wrong.
(Or are you just sad I was right about Runic not being bothered to keep their game relevant and that non dedicated servers MP will turn to shit?)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/595642381497552896

(Or are you just sad I was right about Runic not being bothered to keep their game relevant and that non dedicated servers MP will turn to shit?)
You say that as if Derpablo 3 is still relevant. TL2 did it's job: put out a viable Diablo 2.5 that allowed for mods (some of which are quite involved) and offline play. MP is fine so long as you play with people you know.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Disappointed that we get another Warcraft hero, but Kael'thas IS pretty cool I guess.

They better release 3-5 new diablo and starcraft heroes after this or riot !

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Getting lvl 30 tomorrow (after 110+ games) which unlocks ranked. So far only had enough gold to buy 2 heroes. Need 10 heroes to play ranked.

The Jew is strong in this one.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
ETC, Li Li, Malfurion, Valla are all viable in ranked and cost 2k.
Illidan, Tassadar are sitting at 4k.
The rest are indeed expensive, considering you are not spending real money. So many strong heroes at the 7k price range, I don't have any particular recommendations there. Just go with whatever you play most(support, assassin, etc)

For faster gold acquisition play with friends to reach faster lvl 40.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Gazlowe is very good at 4000 gold, so is tychus, anub'arak is getting buffed, muradin still strong,

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You can buy them for less than a dollar now at various places. Everyone got like a hundred of them (but not me).

eklektyk

Erudite
still got some eurostan keys if somebody managed to avoid gettin them so far ... tried to offload them in beg thread but there were no takers :)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
And obviously we are gonna get at least 3-5 more heroes before releaselaunch.

Necro-quoting for the lulz. Been seven weeks since the Sylvanas patch. Kael probably won't be added until Open Beta starts on the 19th which would be... nine or so weeks. Are they going to roll out another hero two weeks after that? Doubt it. The pace at which they patch and add heroes is fucking laughable. I bet these guys have a 20 hour work week given their output.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
And obviously we are gonna get at least 3-5 more heroes before releaselaunch.

Necro-quoting for the lulz. Been seven weeks since the Sylvanas patch. Kael probably won't be added until Open Beta starts on the 19th which would be... nine or so weeks. Are they going to roll out another hero two weeks after that? Doubt it. The pace at which they patch and add heroes is fucking laughable. I bet these guys have a 20 hour work week given their output.

You're a fucking idiot. You really are.

Yeah, okay, I was wrong. We got 1 new hero before release. Which is Kael'thas, and he releases on tuesday/wednesday 12/13th of may. This is confirmed. So 1 week before open beta, and 3 weeks before release. Theoretically, we could've gotten 1 more, but they are busy elsewhere.

Also, they have stated several times, that their ideal release window for new heroes are 3-4 weeks AFTER release. Hero releases have slowed down, because they are preparing to launch the game into release and needs to finish and polish all other aspects of the game.

So after June 2nd, we should be seeing much more frequent hero releases, Balance and new maps etc. every 3 to 4 weeks. Which is very nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom