Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of the Storm

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
LEL.

Heroes of the storm had a huge tournament on ESPN 2, and it created SO.MUCH.BUTTHURT :D:D :

Ahahaha, I'm dying. Fucking sports faggots don't think e-sports is real :D

And a reminder, a game like heroes of the storm, IN BETA, being on something big as ESPN is quite an achievement.

To my knowledge, not even League of Legends has been on espn before. or has it ?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I understood was in League so I told him something like 'this isn't League, back up the team as best as you can, that all we can do.'
That's not true, you can report in hots too. I provoke and report people all the time, makes the game more fun as a whole experience.

and the only thing worse than the shitty game was the community.
What's funny is when newbs in hots try to pull that "my team is-..." shit. But then they realize that hots has no general chat, only team chat. So in the end, people just don't talk mostly. There's also the fact that no one is "losing us the game" because everyone has the same score, experience, etc. So you never know who to blame. And so it's much less toxic, but nobody talks about anything else either. Gets pretty boring.

Wild Slop

Arcane
I know you can report but it is intended for things other than bitchyness.

Now that you mention it I recall the global chat to enemy team excuses, a pathetic thing done in League and some other team games. Looking for sympathy from the enemy?
No sense of comradery, no sense of the greater team dynamic or cohesion, no self respect or dignity just to realize that thing that children do at a very early age: You can't win them all.
A report system the accounts for unskilled play in the reporting options strongly encourages this (bitchyness) where as the closest Heroes has is "Harassment. I really don't think they mean harassment in the way a SJW means or an abrasive nerd but rather a blanket cover for serious shit that could (in theory) go down for whatever reason over the game chat. All said, I highly doubt they have a team of people attentively sifting through all the morAns using the system as an extension for their petty squabbles.

Anyway, a little bit ago in the game I bought Jaina (in game daily gold) and shes quickly become one of my favorites, already about to hit level 10. I took to Brightwing early off and that was the first a spend my gold on and leved to 10.

*I see they have "Real life threat" as a report option as well as "spam".

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I see they have "Real life threat" as a report option
I use it for when people talk about how they are or will be having intercourse with my mum in real life. I feel threatened by those things easily.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Are you guys playing that ranked mode? So far I'm only playing quick matches, but I've yet to encounter someone bitching, trolling or whatever. People are always pretty chill, communicate and fight till the end.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
There's some tournament going on http://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

It's pretty pathetic. Pudge misses hooks all the time (and doesn't know its range), Arthas misses his ults, everyone misses everything, commentators praise teams when they simply back before the enemy team respawns and call it "geat move", when a team decides not to fight when they're low on hp - commentators call it "smart move", etc. Then aommentators say things like "I don't know what they need to do to win", because basically the game has no strategical component, nobody knows what needs to be done and nobody knows why comebacks are occurring. Teams focusing TANKS, lol. It's so ridiculous that it occasionally gives you a lulz. It basically looks as if people with no knowledge of dota were put into a tournament and played it.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
There's some tournament going on http://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

It's pretty pathetic. Pudge misses hooks all the time (and doesn't know its range), Arthas misses his ults, everyone misses everything, commentators praise teams when they simply back before the enemy team respawns and call it "geat move", when a team decides not to fight when they're low on hp - commentators call it "smart move", etc. Then aommentators say things like "I don't know what they need to do to win", because basically the game has no strategical component, nobody knows what needs to be done and nobody knows why comebacks are occurring. Teams focusing TANKS, lol. It's so ridiculous that it occasionally gives you a lulz. It basically looks as if people with no knowledge of dota were put into a tournament and played it.

That's a re-run you putz. It's blizzards big tourney on ESPN as I just wrote a few posts back.

Please stop talking about shit you don't know anything about.

This game has plenty of strategic component.

You are just new.

The commentators knows alot of shit.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This is pathetic. Watching how Brenner desperately white knights this shit game is beyond pathetic.

Watching how YOU desperately hates on this good game is beyond pathetic.

Moreover, if you feel this game is so bad, why do you still hang around in this thread?

Your opinion has been noted. You may leave now.

Bye. This thread has no further use of your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This is pathetic. Watching how Brenner desperately white knights this shit game is beyond pathetic.

Watching how YOU desperately hates on this good game is beyond pathetic.

Moreover, if you feel this game is so bad, why do you still hang around in this thread?

Your opinion has been noted. You may leave now.

Bye. This thread has no further use of your opinions.

dfg1.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I also find it quite amusing, that defending something from obvious factitious, hateful and flat-out wrong statements and arguments, are now seen as white-knighting... :D

Oh codex haters, please don't you ever change.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
So I have four closed beta keys for this. I give no fucks about the game but maybe some of you want to try it.
Send me a pm and get a code.

Edit: "Please note that these keys will only work in the EU Battle.net account region.

We look forward to welcoming the rest of your team to the Nexus!"

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I also find it quite amusing, that defending something from obvious factitious, hateful and flat-out wrong statements and arguments, are now seen as white-knighting... :D

It's white knighting only when a mentally ill (and/or highly deluded) individual is defending something that is clearly indefensible.Your constant delusions that you are playing a skillful game, calling other people less-skillful as if you are somehow better than the rest of your ilk (delusions of grandeur; a desire to be higher than the cesspit while not actually leaving that place at all), is humorous. The context of humor being that MOBAs have very low skill ceilings when it comes to competitive online games and HotS being the lowest of lows when it comes to this particular genre. The only way MOBAgays are able to defend their crapsack games is not by defending the mechanics (again, indefensible) but only via aggressive and hostile ad hominems. You're a very typical person who plays MOBAs exhibiting all the common traits. Anger management issues, low IQ, a need to prove and assert one's (useless) abilities on the internet, only plays shit games and doesn't engage good games. I could go on, but I can't stop laughing at the idea of your existence. I'm gasping for air and my sides are starting to hurt.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

It's white knighting only when a mentally ill (and/or highly deluded) individual is defending something that is clearly indefensible.Your constant delusions that you are playing a skillful game, calling other people less-skillful as if you are somehow better than the rest of your ilk (delusions of grandeur; a desire to be higher than the cesspit while not actually leaving that place at all), is humorous. The context of humor being that MOBAs have very low skill ceilings when it comes to competitive online games and HotS being the lowest of lows when it comes to this particular genre. The only way MOBAgays are able to defend their crapsack games is not by defending the mechanics (again, indefensible) but only via aggressive and hostile ad hominems. You're a very typical person who plays MOBAs exhibiting all the common traits. Anger management issues, low IQ, a need to prove and assert one's (useless) abilities on the internet, only plays shit games and doesn't engage good games. I could go on, but I can't stop laughing at the idea of your existence. I'm gasping for air and my sides are starting to hurt.

You must have alot of spare time to write up so much shit. No job/gf/education? No purpose? Just being butthurt on an internet forum? That explains a lot, though :)

Of course, you are the all seeing, all knowing expert on all types of games. Delusions of grandeur? Yes, that term fits you perfectly.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You are equally without purpose since you keep finding the time to answer me with even more butthurt. The fact that you answer me within such a short time frame can only mean that you circle this thread likee a hungry vulture. What's the matter, no job? No gf? No education? Wouldn't be surprised. You're a MOBAgay after all.

abija

Prophet
The context of humor being that MOBAs have very low skill ceilings when it comes to competitive online games
Are you trying to be more retarded than brenner? Or just confused about what skill ceiling means?

abija

Prophet
So retarded, got it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom