Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Revenant

Yeah, UPlay is the primary distribution platform for MMH7. People report it even running in the background when launching the game from Steam :prosper:

Mustawd

Yeah, UPlay is the primary distribution platform for MMH7. People report it even running in the background when launching the game from Steam :prosper:

Can confirm. I played a game that used Uplay. You launch it from steam, but it ends up launching Uplay as well.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
So a double dose of malware just to play a game? I will definitely pass on H7 unless it somehow ends up on GOG some time.

Zeriel

Arcane
No, Ubisoft has it's own platform that it sells from too, I also wouldn't think that any physical copies would be steam versions.

Same can be said for MMX, so as a point of comparison it should be (fairly) accurate. If Heroes 7 had a wide physical release (a wide physical release for PC in 2016? somehow I doubt) maybe that would be slightly different, since I think MMX was a purely digital title except for pre-orders.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/important-announcement-from-the-team

:dead:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE TEAM
10/05/2016

Dear Heroes,

Over the past year, we’ve had the pleasure of releasing the latest game in the legendary Might & Magic series, with Heroes VII and its add-on “Trial by Fire”.

We truly hope you enjoyed this new adventure through the rise of the Griffin Empire and we would like once again to thank you for your support. Shadow Councilors, your devotion will be remembered, working with you was an inspiring and memorable experience for all of us.

After 4 years of a close collaboration, our partnership with Limbic Entertainment is coming to an end and as such no further updates will be provided for the title. The forums will remain open to allow you to continue the conversation about the game and keep sharing your best creations.

We would like to thank all the teams involved in this project, particularly our friends at Limbic Entertainment and wish them the best in their future endeavors.

On behalf of the Heroes team, we hope you continue to treasure this series as much as we do and we are looking forward to seeing you again in Ashan!

Thank you,
The Might & Magic team.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
After 4 years of a close collaboration, our partnership with Limbic Entertainment is coming to an end and as such no further updates will be provided for the title.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They've done it again!

No, I'm sure Ubi will find another dev house to cannibalize itself and drive the series further into the ground in the process before too long.

Archibald

Arcane
No, I'm sure Ubi will find another dev house to cannibalize itself and drive the series further into the ground in the process before too long.
They did say "looking forward to seeing you again in Ashan". It's clear that they will be doing something in the future.

Its not like they are going to say that franchise is dead-dead in their press release.

Well, I mean, if I were an optimist I would believe that they were not gonna bother with the franchise anymore, but unfortunately it's too easy to milk it.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They did say "looking forward to seeing you again in Ashan". It's clear that they will be doing something in the future.

Its not like they are going to say that franchise is dead-dead in their press release.
They felt it fine to call it quits on Might and Magic. quote "All good things must come to an end."

Parsifarka

Arcane
and nothing of value was lost

Only my beloved M&M games

That was long ago already. No game made by Limbic could be one of your beloved.
I just want Ubi to hire some cheap freelancers and exploit them into redrawing the five first M&M and Heroes 2 in HD, adding full mouse functionality to the former. Besides that, let it day ere sinking it even more -we know they cannot possibly do a decent remaster of M&MVI-VIII.
But of course, even this is day dreaming. I just hope the russian folks finish soon their promising Equilibris HD for Heroes IV.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Tasty schadenfreude aside, the world surely needs to establish some laws to punish obvious cons and scammers like these?

and nothing of value was lost

Only my beloved M&M games
That was long ago already. No game made by Limbic could be one of your beloved.
I just want Ubi to hire some cheap freelancers and exploit them into redrawing the five first M&M and Heroes 2 in HD, adding full mouse functionality to the former. Besides that, let it day ere sinking it even more -we know they cannot possibly do a decent remaster of M&MVI-VIII.
But of course, even this is day dreaming. I just hope the russian folks finish soon their promising Equilibris HD for Heroes IV.
No. Just no. If they ever remade Heroes 2 in "HD" the result would be unadulterated garbage compared to the quite brilliant pixel art of the original game. First five MM heroes need no remake, they have a perfectly functioning interface if you have two neurons and a functioning keyboard.

Parsifarka

Arcane
No. Just no. If they ever remade Heroes 2 in "HD" the result would be unadulterated garbage compared to the quite brilliant pixel art of the original game. First five MM heroes need no remake, they have a perfectly functioning interface if you have two neurons and a functioning keyboard.

M&M1-2 could use a proper spellbook with in-game descriptions and inventory management, specially in M&M3, can be a pain. Also, H2 HD done right, just a bigger redrawn of the very same models, would be beautiful -of course, here I agree we must not expect anything done right from Ubi.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
At last it's dead. I planned to buy it after most things are fixed (especially MP and desync), but now I don't need to buy it at all. Not even in a budget sale.

We would like to thank all the teams involved in this project, particularly our friends at Limbic Entertainment and wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Sounds like they distance themselves from Limbic in the future. Obviously a good choice.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

They felt it fine to call it quits on Might and Magic. quote "All good things must come to an end."
good things for this franchise came to an end a long time ago.

good things for this franchise came to an end a long time ago.
I quite liked MMX but I didn't really feel it was a proper Might & Magic game. Fun, though - which is more than I can say for Heroes 6 and 7.

hello friend

Arcane
It's amazing how these people pay for brand name recognition only to torpedo the brand. There was an extended point of time after the acquisition of the IP where HOMM could have been made quite profitable - with minimal resources invested, even. They pissed it all away, good luck trying to do that now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom