Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

pippin

9536.jpg

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
She's got quite a biceps on her too. Probably a few East Germans on the design team.

Archibald

Arcane
Dwarven wimmin = super strong independent and progressive women in Ubi-HoMM universe.

MrMarbles

Cipher
That pic Bubbles posted just triggers me so hard. Why does everything look like World of Warcraft? Diablo and Starcraft are long gone, but the infection has spread to Larian, Bethesda, HoMM, every MMORPG ever, even Torment: ToN.

Toy-store colours, bulky chars and creatures and ridiculously oversized equipment. Is the whole world reverting to the mental state of a 5-year old? I hate it. Hate hate hate :argh::argh::argh:

Say what you will about these, but they are definitely not adult or gritty.

pippin

Because it's something easy to do when you're using digital tools. Brightness, colors and all that kind of shit work differently when you're painting with real stuff. Plus, like voice acting, it could also mean that the people in charge of choosing what's ok and what's not have no taste at all.

Archibald

Arcane
What starcraft has to do with it? From what I remember SC1 didn't look retardo at all.

TigerKnee

Arcane
SC1 looked pretty cartoony, but the story-telling managed to carry it fine enough that most probably wouldn't think it was retardo.

Then Diablo 3 happened and their narratives onwards just rolled over and died.

Archibald

Arcane
I thought you were talking about first one. Second one seams to have more influence from Warcraft.

Archibald

Arcane
Your post motivated me to listen to whole OST again:

And I really love that title screen, on another level than Ubisoft's art direction.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Heroes IV had the best music in the series, hands down. Asylum, Academy, Grasslands and Sea themes are just fucking magnificent, and the rest aren't much worse either.

Also...

has anyone ever noticed how 'Heroes IV' shortens to "HIV"?

that, uh, that explains a few things i guess

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It breaks my heart whenever I hear Heroes IV soundtrack, its simply great and it always makes me think how majestic the game could have been if it wasnt rushed.

Cadmus

Arcane
Heroes IV had the best music in the series, hands down. Asylum, Academy, Grasslands and Sea themes are just fucking magnificent, and the rest aren't much worse either.

Also...

Sea and Grass especially are among the best ambient or background music ever, imo. I'm pretty sure I've heard the Grasslands theme in some other things - I think it was either inspired by, taken from or put into some open music library.

Archibald

Arcane
It breaks my heart whenever I hear Heroes IV soundtrack, its simply great and it always makes me think how majestic the game could have been if it wasnt rushed.

Top reason why I'm a bit annoyed that 99% of moders are tinkering only HoMM3 which is already great while HoMM4 could really use some additional love.

Revenant

Also...

Sea and Grass especially are among the best ambient or background music ever, imo. I'm pretty sure I've heard the Grasslands theme in some other things - I think it was either inspired by, taken from or put into some open music library.
Stronghold had it:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom