Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Although now would be the best moment, with all the anti hype coming form Heroes 7. The same way PoE gobbled the disappointed Bioware fans.

Why would he? He sound like a reasonable man and he's kinda old now. If he hasn't made his move yet he probably doesn't want to. Better to get the easy mobile money and come home at 6.

Archibald

Arcane
Kickstarter is basically "cashing in your reputation", I can see why some people are not interested in doing that.

Durwyn

Prophet
Altough I understand the risks and lack of interest in kickstarting a game riding on one's name, I think that some may want to bathe in the glory once more, be the leading man and do something bigger than spewing another uninspired mobile or soulless AAA crap. I think many devs did kickstarter because of that (+ money). InXile come to mind, I think. He seems to be comfortable where he is, just as you said, though.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Actually he's been involved in a lot of big projects, iirc. He just founded a mobile dev, I doubt he's going to drop it now. He thinks he's about to cash big on mobile strategy games.

Basically he wants to go back at being big and probably doesn't see a niche Heroes rip off on PC exclusively as this opportunity.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
To help that development process, the studio used its stealth period (it's been secretly busy for around a year) to secure a Series A investment round worth $4.5 million that included investments from Tencent and Pacific Sky Investments.

He's not kickstarting anytime soon.

tindrli

Arcane
does anyone have her email?? i could do it even with my shitty english!!! i grew up playing hotseat god damnit and i think i could do it!!!

sser

Arcane
Developer
This game is on the front page of Reddit for some bad shit. Hopefully that compels Ubisoft to get their shit together. I mean... I hope so anyway...

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
This game is on the front page of Reddit for some bad shit. Hopefully that compels Ubisoft to get their shit together. I mean... I hope so anyway...

Are we not linking reddit content for some reason?

So apparently US collector's editions don't come with physical copy of the game.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
So apparently US collector's editions don't come with physical copy of the game.

They don't come with any copy of the game. CE buyers need to contact Ubisoft with proof of purchase and ask them to send over a digital key. Good thing mindx2 isn't into strategy games.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They probably spelled the name right on the box.

Good thing I have a long list of other games to play before that one.
By that time, I think it will be quite enjoyable.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yes, they will certainly work hard to make it a good game. All the signs are there that they devote all their time and attention to this game.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Crisis averted:

Hello Heroes,

Please find underneath Ubisoft’s official statement concerning Might & Magic Heroes VII - US Collector’s Edition.

“ Ubisoft regrets any confusion created by the marketing materials from our Might and Magic Heroes VII Collector’s Edition. We understand that some customers in North America were not aware the Collector’s Edition delivered digital versions of the game and soundtrack. Ubisoft apologizes for any frustration and disappointment resulting from these items being in digital format vs. physical format. We are accepting complete refunds from any dissatisfied customers and will be providing a compensation plan of one complimentary digital PC game for consumers that have already purchased the Might and Magic Heroes VII Collector’s Edition from the Uplay shop in North America. Affected consumers will be able to pick one game of their choice from a selection including Far Cry 4, Assassin’s Creed Rogue, The Crew, Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition and Zombi. ”

We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope the above statement will help to clarify the current situation.

Best,
The M&M Team.

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/official-statement-mmh7-us-collector-s-edition

Very big of Ubisoft to act in this way. Of course the toxic community is tearing them to shreds in the comments, but what else is new?

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Bubbles obviously they saw your input of these forums. That taken into account, would you still show up to interview them at the next event near you or would it be awkward?

whatevername

Arcane
Crisis averted:

Affected consumers will be able to pick one game of their choice from a selection including Far Cry 4, Assassin’s Creed Rogue, The Crew, Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition and Zombi. ”

Very big of Ubisoft to act in this way. Of course the toxic community is tearing them to shreds in the comments, but what else is new?
Nice choice of games for people who play HM&M kind of games...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Found this on another forum. The screenshots are a bit low-quality, but it's a good demonstration of the Heroes 7 AI:

jBb8CTJ.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom