Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Centaurs, Harpies, Wyverns and Basilisks in Stronghold? No dwarves in Sylvan? Dragons only in Dungeon and Necropolis? No Golden Dragon, only Treant? What the hell happened?

I like the addition of Lamasu and the White Stag.

Some upgrades look lazy, Colossus and Titan look identical except for some gold stuff. The Apprentice and Disciple look different. Why not go that route?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Dungeon creature "Strider"... Seriously?!

PIC_creature_dungeon_strider.png
:prosper:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Centaurs, Harpies, Wyverns and Basilisks in Stronghold? No dwarves in Sylvan? Dragons only in Dungeon and Necropolis? No Golden Dragon, only Treant? What the hell happened?

I like the addition of Lamasu and the White Stag.

Some upgrades look lazy, Colossus and Titan look identical except for some gold stuff. The Apprentice and Disciple look different. Why not go that route?

Really that bullshit on the codex too ?
The rosters differ from Heroes III ? What the hell happened lel FFS

The updated models for Necro (vampire and lich) are also there if you browse to Necropolis. Gotta say the models are again highly inconsistent. The redone necro ones are pretty cool, troglodytes are alright, but medusas for example are just a copypasted model from H6/MMX with palette swap. I guess the low budget is real. How long until Ubisoft just cancels the entire Might & Magic franchise?

Seriously though, there are games that seem to be profitable in MM for Ubisoft, but it's unfortunately those browser, mobile and card games. If they cancel something from the license, it would be the classic series and HoMM.
:negative:

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Yeah... this shitty creampie face as an entity is ridiculous. Now I can never play dungeon.

Rake

Arcane
On the contrary, i look forward to roleplay a general named Prosper and conquer all before me with my army of 1000
PIC_creature_dungeon_strider_artwork_small.jpg

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Oh man, the poor cartoony art direction and the butchered lore... gimme back Enroth/Erathia over this shit any day. Even the names of the lands and 'gods' make me cringe.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
indeed i also miss the times when the lore wasnt butchered and bracada would not inexplicably turn from a desert hellhole into a snowy mountain area

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Shadow Dragon:

"The Shadow Dragon is the avatar of Malassa, the Dragon Goddess of Darkness. They take the form of a dragon of onyx, with purple orbs embedded on their wings...."

Professional video game writing ladies and gentlemen.

EDIT:

"Most Medusae worship the Wrecker, the destructive aspect of the Dragon Goddess of Water..."

the Wrecker

the Wrecker

the Wrecker

the Wrecker

kGpRV5p.jpg

Maschtervoz

Learned
Stronghold is actually... decent? Probably the best that could be achieved within the game's artstyle. Creature designs successfully capture the faction theme and avoid retarded overdesigning across both tiers. Haven would have been close, but wolves<<<<<griffons and WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PUT A UNIT NAMED LANDSKNECHT IN THE GAME IF IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE AND ACTUAL FUCKING LANDSKNECHT AND IS IN FACT THE WEAKEST DESIGN IN THE FACTION.

Also the Angel Seraph swinging those neon colored swords around kinda reminds me of this:
:discohitler:

Mustawd

With your help, the Humble Might & Magic Bundle raised over $350,000 for charity! As a token of their appreciation, Ubisoft would like to give you a key to theMight & Magic Heroes VII Beta.

Your key has been added to the download page of your original bundle purchase.

The beta begins on August 26, 2015 and runs until September 2, 2015.

If anyone is interested in getting the key, send me a PM. First come first serve.

Orzie

Arbiter
I almost enjoyed the ubiH7 Hydra design and dat babe with an xbow. Finally their artists realized that adding grotesque shoulder plates and other pathetic shit looks like shit and totally out of place near the classics.
Yet, the upgraded versions of both still suffer the same disease as described.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Heroes IV is a bad Heroes, but a great game.

Heroes 4 should be named random RTS 1234 and not heroes, it's a different game. That's like bethesda riding on fallout name today.

In the end all the great IPs and titles end up being raped and milked, is it the fate in our world ? Or just logical conclusion in the industry?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom