Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
Am i the only one that found mm6 to be decent and somewhat challeging, i also enjoyed some of the campaigns...

Martius

Liturgist
Hm, I guess town that wont be chosen will be just added in later dlc? If they will include another thing like Conflux I just hope it will be completely optional and wont mess up saves this time.

Explorerbc

Arcane

Two steps from Hell used to be ok until they started using it in every fucking trailer out there, I swear it is like listening to the Illusive Man talking about magic.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Screenshit time fagets

might__magic_heroes_vii-2596265.jpg

might__magic_heroes_vii-2596267.jpg

might__magic_heroes_vii-2596275.jpg

might__magic_heroes_vii-2596271.jpg

Hey it doesn't look that bad actually. Looks better than the 2 previous iteration you have that at least.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
art and music

So far, so good, huh? It seems the trust in Limbic was not misplaced - although, the choice of art direction almost certainly came from Ubisoft's Might & Magic team.

H7_team_limbic.jpg

H7_team_ubi.jpg

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
art and music

So far, so good, huh? It seems the trust in Limbic was not misplaced - although, the choice of art direction almost certainly came from Ubisoft's Might & Magic team.

I wouldn't be so sure. We don't know much, as far as we know, Ubisoft obviously takes care of the marketing side but they might have give in to Limbic's advice.

Remember M&M10 is to some extant the effort of one old HoMM modder working there and convincing Ubisoft to try going back to the roots.

Limbic or Pirou's incline influence can also be found in the plot of shade of darkness and that small DLC about the bone dragon.

And I highly doubt the clueless fucks at Ubisoft would think of going back to the more simple and elegant style of the old Heroes by themselves.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
This obnoxious marketing trick of taking something away and then giving it back so everyone is like "wow, that's great, thanks guys!" is really getting on my tits. How do people even fall for that?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Am i the only one that found mm6 to be decent and somewhat challeging, i also enjoyed some of the campaigns...

Hopefully, yes. Gameplay was only challenging because of all the bugs.

I assume there won't be full town screens again?

Martius

Liturgist
I assume there won't be full town screens again?
After people complained so much about that in 6 I doubt ubisoft will repeat that mistake again. One screen even looks like town view, unless its just concept art.
academy_townscreen_1080p.jpg

I don't know, i think this is a step down from MM:H6 in terms of art direction (which was one of its strong points).
This style signals a more "serious" and deep game, which i think the HoMM series never was.
Oh well, as long as they add something new to the HoMM formula in terms of gameplay.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I don't know, i think this is a step down from MM:H6 in terms of art direction (which was one of its strong points).
This style signals a more "serious" and deep game, which i think the HoMM series never was.
Oh well, as long as they add something new to the HoMM formula in terms of gameplay.

:retarded:

this was the worst. Overly ornamental, grotesque design. They couldn't be more far off from the classical, mythological look of the first 4 heroes. 4 would have been a high point had it not been rushed to oblivion.
Heroes of Might and Magic used to look elegant. 5 was cartoonish warcraft, 6 was cartoonish ugly.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Meh, that town looks pretty crappy. I really dislike this modern painterly style that's everywhere nowadays. Could be a mobile game and you wouldn't even notice.

Renegen

Arcane
The new King's Bounty games (I know) show that the formula can be improved upon. There's so many dumb things in HOMM3, for example a horde of useless heroes, useless units, bland units, cheating AI etc

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Negative: Looks like the ATB system from hommV is not returning, this is a great shame :(
Positive: at least the battlegrounds don't look to be as small as in homm6

I hope the black and blue gold icons are placeholder. I mean seriously.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
The new King's Bounty games (I know) show that the formula can be improved upon. There's so many dumb things in HOMM3, for example a horde of useless heroes, useless units, bland units, cheating AI etc

This is what the 4th was trying to do but it was aborted in the middle of it's development and shipped in a pre-alpha state. It never evolved after that.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

That's just balance tweaking which can always be improved, I meant the general feel and gameplay of III.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
5... 5 was odd. It tried to do a lot of the stuff 3 did right but the mechanics just weren't quite right.

The skill system and character development sure was an incline compared to 3, so at least they got that mechanic right. On the negative side there were some glitches with the AI (Red player didn't move at all in once scenarion) that may have been fixed in a patch, and the VO and 3D graphics was rather subpar. But all in all a worthy HoMM game, even if none (I think?) of the New World Computing people worked on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom