Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Looks like they're doing "open development" again, MMX style. With voting and stuff.

Seeing how MMX turned out, this means there is hope!

MIGHT & MAGIC® HEROES VII STORYLINE
Might & Magic® Heroes VII tells the story of young Duke Ivan striving to restore peace in a time of civil torment.

Facing political decisions with dire consequences in his ascension to the Imperial throne, he gathers 6 councilors from 6 distinct factions to support his claim to rule. These advisors tell him glorious stories of legendary heroes from the world of Ashan’s past, so that he may choose the surest path to power and forge his own destiny.

H7_Council_Final.jpg

... what kind of herpderpery is this?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Storyfag More info here: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/sylvan-vs-fortress-you-choose

But let’s get to the matter at hand. We’ll have opportunities later to bring you up to speed concerning the latest events. Suffice it to say that it’s been five years since the assassination of the Holy Empress Maeve Falcon at the hand of infernal agents. Five years during which the Holy Empire has been ripped apart by a gruesome war of succession, as every Duke went and unearthed old family ancestries to lay claim upon the vacant throne.

After countless battles, sieges, alliances, betrayals and treaties, only two contestants now remain: Seamus of the Stag, and Ivan of the Griffin. I invited you to this meeting because you share our goal: to ensure the Griffin takes the throne.

What you might not know is that Ivan is… plagued by doubt. Five years of war have taken a toll on both his body and his soul. He’s ready to renounce the crown and remove his Griffin Duchy from the Empire.

But the stakes of this war are bigger than the borders of the Holy Empire. Allowing a man like Seamus on the imperial throne would be a disaster for all Ashan. Fortunately Ivan seems to realize this as well. He has gathered a council of his own, friends and allies from neighbouring nations, to collect their advice before he takes his decision.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm still Butthurt about dumping Erathia, the world of Might and Magic, in favour of this crappy Ashan. Sure, Erathia was generic, but it had so much charm, whether we talk about the RPGs, or the Heroes games. It happened a long ago, but yeah, my asshole still hurts.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'm still Butthurt about dumping Erathia, the world of Might and Magic, in favour of this crappy Ashan. Sure, Erathia was generic, but it had so much charm, whether we talk about the RPGs, or the Heroes games. It happened a long ago, but yeah, my asshole still hurts.

To be fair, the dumping was done by NWC. Ubi, for all their faults, replaced the REALLY crappy Axeoth with only moderately crappy Ashan.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

To be fair, the dumping was done by NWC. Ubi, for all their faults, replaced the REALLY crappy Axeoth with only moderately crappy Ashan.
Yeah, I'm not blaming Ubi here, just everybody in general who has anything to do about it. :)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fortress are supposed to be Lizardmen, what is this horror? (yes, the last HOMM game I have played was IV, why do you ask?)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
BTW Haven, Academy, Stronghold and Necropolis is already in, we are going to vote for last two factions. At least Haven seems to get rid of that invulnerability shit.
Goddamn elves are winning the vote btw...

Edit: Acamedy seems to have some draconian creatures called Cabir. I guess they are hurling fireballs like gogs from their apperance.

PIC_creature_academy_cabir_large.jpg

Last edited:

m_s0

Arcane
Speaking about generic and boring trailer...
I liked the stained glass idea (not so much the execution, mind you). Beyond that it was bloated and mind-numbingly dull.

I miss the days when the HoMM games weren't taking themselves too seriously:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
BTW art style will be better than 6th game if they'll follow concepts on the site. They get rid of that "sunriders" and we got some normal looking knights at last.

AMG

Arbiter
Two Steps from Hell music and voiceover done by a guy with throat cancer :lol:. Sometimes I really wonder who comes up with ideas for these horrible trailers, it's like they are trying to make it as bad as possible. Well the graphical side was pretty nice at least.
Art looks like a mixture between 5 and 6. Also Academy best unit is called Magic Bird :lol:.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Meh, King's Bounty and Eador have long ago raced past the HoMM series.
King's bounty is a poor mans homm. I mean, in the drought, you take whatever water you can get, and its not like you can't live on KB, but Homm is where it's at.

Raapys

Arcane
Problem with the new HoMM games is that there's no reason to play them. HoMM3 already did everything they did and it did it better. And with nicer graphics to boot. Include the WotG mod for HoMM3 and it's perfection itself.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Tribes of the East does a few things III didn't do and does them well. The problem is that it also does quite a few things it shouldn't do so yeah, not much point playing it over evergreen III.

Overboard

Arcane
Mark of Chaos I believe it was called. The game was unbelievable, irredeemable shit (probably both the studio's and Ubi's fault) and studio was ran to the ground by Ubi.

Was that the one that had a loading screen for the loading screen? That was a truly shitty game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom