Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Zeriel

Arcane
Gargoyles with tits.

In Heroes VII, each faction has two champion creatures, but each town can only dwell one kind. Also, it’s generally better to have more of one kind than trying to have both.

I missed this before or is this new info? Kinda reminds of HoMM4.

It was mentioned in the earliest interviews. And yeah, 7 is basically them trying to take the "best" elements from every past game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I seems that we won't be seeing Inferno in the new game either. I am predicting the wave of angry people shouting that the game is shit and the devs. saying: "Well you voted for it, we just made it"

It'll probably be a very small wave seeing how no one liked Inferno.

Holy balls these look awful. They should send their artist back to school so he can relearn about the dangers of overdesigning.

Zeriel

Arcane
I don't mind the wizards. Aladdin on a flying carpet is just ludicrous enough to fit the silliness of earlier Heroes games. The rakshashas are neat. I really hate the gargoyle design, though, even if you give some artistic license and accept they are going for a really gaudy look, it just doesn't work for me. Same with the golem, those huge kludgy fists evoke day-time television cartoons. Mixed bag altogether.

I've never played Academy though, so no surprise there. Just not my cup of tea. "Light wizards" have always been faggots, everyone who liked the fantasy of being a wizard wanted to be the evil spellcaster, like the Warlock heroes in 2.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven troops look like power rangers. That art direction looks like shit :negative:

Zeriel

Arcane
You guys love achievements, right? So how about achievements before the game even releases?

Website Update

This was that "gamification" they were talking about earlier, pretty lol but I guess you can't question their investment in the community, it's a ton of effort. I'd rather it was put into the game, but I guess they have to give their web designers something to do.

Zeriel

Arcane
ACADEMY LINE-UP, PART 1

ACADEMY LINE-UP, PART 2

ACADEMY TOWNSCREEN

In Heroes VII we decided not to keep H6 town portal system. The town portal only allows you to be teleported to this town if you hero have the right spell for this. However, like it was on previous games, this spell only can teleport you to the nearest town.

Oh, so less degeneracy? That's always good news. Now if only they'd get rid of the godawful regions of control system...

Academy_Townscreen_Details_Mini.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh, they just posted a new article, it looks like it's a sloppy blowjob for Heroes 3 enthusiasts.

FROM HEROES III TO HEROES VII

Still kind of refreshing to see developers talk about specific mechanics when referring to past games instead of the usual "just like the old games, but totally different, because streamlined for modern audience kappa" we hear elsewhere.

Luck can be boosted to deal critical attacks but also lowered to cause fumbles (critical failure) and low damage!

My memory of Luck in H2 and H3 is very vague, did they have bad luck outcomes there (I only remember the grey eagle animation from bad morale and of course extra damage from positive luck) or are critical fumbles new?

With Heroes VII, we want to provide the player with the same freedom to create maps, campaigns, and a powerful and versatile editor is being developed to that end. Our ambition is to give the opportunity to map makers from all horizons and level of expertise to unleash their creativity like they were able to do with Heroes III map editor.

Okay, dem's fighting words. I have yet to see a modern 3D era map editor that hasn't been basically a pain to use in relation to most endusers technical proficiency, will be very interesting to see if they can deliver on this intention.

Last edited:

Archibald

Arcane
IIRC H3 didn't have bad luck, but I haven't replayed them in a while. My favorite luck system was in H4 where it would affect only damage ranges.

Cadmus

Arcane
H3 didn't have bad luck. What a horrible fucking overproduced bunch of shitty units.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
They don't acutally look that bad. If anything they look fine compared to the retarded mess that was Heaven's lineup. The only ones I dislike are Gargoyles and even they aren't that bad.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if the game would be better if the designers were mighty and aloof, and didn't waste time commuicating with the most vocal fanboi peasants?

Angthoron

Arcane
They're just WIP arts, still likely to look kinda different once they turn into actual models.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Still doesn't look very good, but not as bad as the haven stuff. I never liked the arabia academy though.

Zeriel

Arcane
They're just WIP arts, still likely to look kinda different once they turn into actual models.

I'm actually not sure what people want here, to be honest. I rather liked the H7 Haven 3D models so far, but hated the concept art, while it seems like a lot of people have the exact reverse opinion (hated the models).

Academy is a hella mixed bag. Gargoyles could look cool if they didn't have that dumb helmetpiece that is a part of their body, golems look like something out of Hearthstone, but rakshasha and flying carpet dude are both pretty cool. I'm predisposed to dislike Academy by nature though, so I don't have a strong opinion either way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom