Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Heroes of Might and Magic III HD - It's out

FeelTheRads

Arcane
HOMM III with achievements. I would get angry if this wasn't kinda funny:lol:

Is there any way to see them? I can't into Steam, but would be potentially hilarious.

The price isn't bad, just five bucks more than Heroes 3 on GOG. Compare with the BG:EE price tags.

It's not a bad price when it's more expensive than a complete version? The EE versions not only have everything, but they also added extra stuff, shitty as it may be.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Not yet, but they surely will become visible when the page is updated (probably on release). And checking the global achievement stats can be funny, yeah, especially when you learn how almost no one really plays all the 10/10 goty smash hits.

Quatlo

Arcane
One of polish sites reports the system requirements:

1. CPU: Core2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHz or Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0 GHz
  2. GPU: GeForce 8800GT or Radeon HD2900 (256MB VRAM or more with Shader Model 4.0)
  3. DirectX: 10
  4. Memory: 2 GB RAM
and recommended:
  1. CPU: Core2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4 GHz or Athlon64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8 Ghz
  2. GPU: GeForce 9800GT or AMD Radeon HD3870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
  3. DirectX: 10
  4. Memory: 3 GB RAM
It has to be more than photoshopped pictures right? Right?
:negative:

Orzie

Arbiter
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME DAMN SERIOUS SHIT?

pFwiaVu.jpg

TOUGHER!

TjV2g5W.jpg

AAAAND

P5Xo83t.png

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I love how it hasn't make it to the Popular Releases tab on steam due to all the negative reviews.

Also:

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
    • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 - both 32/64bit versions
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.0 GHz (or better)
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD2900 (256MB VRAM or more with Shader Model 4.0)
    • DirectX: Version 10
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
    • Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required * This product does not support Windows® 98/ME/2000/NT4.0 * Windows XP and Vista are not officially supported for this title although they may run the game properly.

• RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 - both 32/64bit versions
    • Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+ @ 2.8 Ghz
    • Memory: 3 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GeForce 9800GT or AMD Radeon HD3870 (512MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
    • DirectX: Version 10
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
    • Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required. Supported video cards at time of release: nVidia GeForce 8800GT or better, GeForce 9, GT200, GT400, GT500, GT600, GT700 series AMD Radeon HD2900 or better, HD3000, HD4000, HD5000, HD6000, HD7000 series, R series Notes: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported. Latest tested GeForce drivers: 337.88 for all nVidia series Latest tested Radeon drivers: Catalyst 13.9 for Radeon HD2000, HD3000, HD4000 and Catalyst 14.4 for Radeon HD5000, HD6000, HD7000, R series.

ahahahhahahaha

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Let me highlight it in case someone missed it:

* This product does not support Windows® 98/ME/2000/NT4.0 * Windows XP and Vista are not officially supported for this title although they may run the game properly.

Orzie

Arbiter
With that teeth you are expected to be not only failing to judge distances, but to judge the whole world around you.

zubi3.jpg

bloodlover

Arcane
I saw the live stream yesterday. They were answering to the questions that people were writing in chat and most of the were "no we don't have".

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's funny how during the dawn of MMX people were (cautiously) hailing as Ubisoft as the new heralds of incline, but they quickly turned that around with one blunder after another. I agree that they are even worse than EA right now.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's funny how during the dawn of MMX people were (cautiously) hailing as Ubisoft as the new heralds of incline, but they quickly turned that around with one blunder after another. I agree that they are even worse than EA right now.

Actually their "Indie" departments are kinda OK, they're releasing small good games once in a while.
EA is uttershit in all departments. Fifa and other sports titles are selling like cupcakes though which helps them survive...

Orzie

Arbiter
The trouble is also that now the upcoming Heroes 7 (ah sorry, "Might and Magic: Heroes VII (r) (tm) (c)") will look beneficial and superior on the background of the shitty Heroes 3 HD.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
There's a newspiece that DA:I has been their biggest release to date. Elven romance sells.

agris

Arcane
Patron
DA:I has been their biggest release to date
You've got the quote almost verbatim. That is, it is a completely unqualified statement since it fails to provide any basis for the claim. A basis such as revenue, sales, units shipped, profit, marketing budget, man-hours for development, etc... would be worth something, but the comment as-is is worthless.

This isn't directed at you pakoito, it's a comment I should have left in the "Is DA:I a commercial failure" thread.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
This release is utterly pointless. You'd think that after all the improvements that were made with addons/mods (like for example auto-split for stack while transferring forces) they would be ashamed to simply release vanilla III, but they did just that. You can't even use space bar to re-enter structures ffs, what's the point? The map looks ok, but town screens and battles have two ugly bars on both sides, HD my ass. And yeah, those requirements and performance complaints are for real, the game actually stutters while changing screens and generally runs worse on my i7, 16GB ram, 755m laptop than when I was first playing it on P200, 32MB ram and 1MB graphic card :retarded:

Last edited:

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
It's a terrible price considering what we do get. A sluggish, blurier(?) ROE.

Also, apparently, this is what the developers said in recent twitch chat video.

- No random map generator and not planned
- No linked dwellings in map editor and not planned
- No cross-platform multiplayer and not planned
- No workshop (unknown for the future) and/or 3rd party mod support
- No addons/expansions and not planned
- No bugfixes or ui improvements available in 3rd party mods
- No further balancing, besides expansion stats.
- No ladder / competetive gaming

+ Patched until 1.4
+ Original RoE map file structure is supported
+ No Uplay
+ Units stats/price were slightly balanced, as in expansions (Archangels nerfed via price, Fortress boosted via Lizardman and Dragonfly stats, etc)
+ Uncompressed music

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom