Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Heroes of Might and Magic III HD - It's out

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You know what's the funniest thing?

This pixelated titan is a pixelated version of the HD one. Note the hilt of the sword. The new and the pixelated ones have a single blue dot at the bottom. The old one doesn't have it.

DataPack

Novice
You know what's the funniest thing?

This pixelated titan is a pixelated version of the HD one. Note the hilt of the sword. The new and the pixelated ones have a single blue dot at the bottom. The old one doesn't have it.

Check the bone dragon out. NWCs bone dragon was white, while emudots is yellow.
HicB8Fb.gif

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oh god, I get it now.

Those pixelated dudes come FROM THE MAP VIEW, NOT FROM COMBAT MODE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

You can see it SUPER CLEARLY via the ancient behemoth. Let's see if I can find a map.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Just made this in the scenario editor:

RnYMMg.jpg

^ compare the bone dragon and the behemoth to the ones on the 'old according to Ubisoft' and with

ancientbehemoth.gif
+
HicB8Fb.gif

DIS IS 2GUD

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Just made this in the scenario editor:

RnYMMg.jpg

^ compare the bone dragon and the behemoth to the ones on the 'old according to Ubisoft' and with

ancientbehemoth.gif
+
HicB8Fb.gif

DIS IS 2GUD
There are voices that this banner is not official Ubisoft promo material but some shit made by Polish game site (gry-online as far as I know).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There are voices that this banner is not official Ubisoft promo material but some shit made by Polish game site (gry-online as far as I know).

I highly doubt it. There's way too much effort put into it for it to be the work of dumbfuck journos.

DataPack

Novice
And no way to confirm or deny it as Ubisoft webpage is dead, at least for me.
The devil, gold dragon, bone dragon and the archangel hasn't been spotted in any other official pictures but that sure is the official art.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
And no way to confirm or deny it as Ubisoft webpage is dead, at least for me.
The devil, gold dragon, bone dragon and the archangel hasn't been spotted in any other official pictures but that sure is the official art.
Can you link where Ubisoft used it on their own site? All Ubisoft sites with Heroes 3 Hd announcement use different art, not this banner with comparison.

Edit: Apparently, it was a Polish regional division of Ubisoft who created it and posted it on Facebook. So, Ubisoft but stupidity rather than actual greed and misinformation.

Last edited:

Quatlo

Arcane
I think they did the screenshots in mapeditor and then used some high level gimp-wizardry to paste them on "nicer looking" battlemaps.

Here is my work after 10 seconds in paint:
KqQFcjr.png

Can you hire me ubi? I could use the cash

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Why couldn't they just take sprites from M&M6-8?

Relevant: http://joyreactor.cc/post/889599

There is a minor mistake on the website. The character called "good magician" from M&M 6 is actually a motherfucking Warlock. They weren't good, they were a bunch motherfuckers casting nasty status spells in addition to their damage spells.

EDIT:
The "orc" from M&M 6 is actually an Ogre.

EDIT 2:
"Elf Archer" from HoMM 3 is a sharshooter. Their race was left ambiguous since they could be upgraded from both elven and human archers.

Orzie

Arbiter
Here is an algorithm-processed upscale (S-Spline Max) of the arch devil made by another guy in a couple of seconds, without any additional treatment.
a18d61ec26ce565b7566bfdc61ed5f44.png

And a standard Photoshop sharpening filter:
1cf87269306435962ebe002d3b968663.png

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I'm pretty sure the shitty pixelated sprites are the ones you see on the adventure map.

Fake edit: Roxor beat me to it.

m_s0

Arcane
So... they've supposedly redrawn the art and managed to make it look like a quick and blurry upscale (a coincidence, I'm sure)?

:bravo:

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
so you say this is shameless money grabbing by ubisoft?

shocking just shocking

bloodlover

Arcane
Will this require u-play and permanent internet connection?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom