Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Heroes of a Broken Land

WingedPixel

Winged Pixel
Developer
Haba it's totally worth it.

How much would you get from a donation like that?

The money's split evenly between the developers (5 ways), after GG takes their cut (not sure if their rates are public, but they're fairly standard).

So maybe you should just buy 100 copies directly from me.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
well it seems the full game is being released tomorrow! I had good fun with the demo, looking forward to enjoying the full game.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Ooh, I've almost forgotten about this game. Just a pity the full release lands in the week I have to write a massive university math exam. :(

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I play this one on my netbook. It's the perfect game for playing on your lunchbreak or between classes.

WingedPixel

Winged Pixel
Developer
Finally version 1.0 was released today, almost exactly a year to the day I started working on it!
I got a lot of support and feedback from the Codex (which might suprise some of you), so thanks!

You can check out the game here: http://wingedpixel.com/heroes-of-a-broken-land/
With links to videos, screen shots, demos, etc.

Here's some screen shots for you lazy types:

hobl_multiparty.png

hobl_monsters.png

hobl_town.png

GrimoireFTW

Learned
congrats on the release, I hope it does well. Are there any changes from the last beta (7.9?) and this version? Looking forward to playing this when I get off work tonight

TigerKnee

Arcane
I think I bought the Beta version from a Gamersgate indie sale?

Does that give me access to the retail version as well?

WingedPixel

Winged Pixel
Developer
If you bought the Beta anywhere you should have access to the full version now. Hopefully it will just auto-update, if not you should be able to download verison 1.0 from Gamersgate.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
This game is awesome. It's HoMM meets M&M and it's just as nice as that sounds.
I'll buy it as soon as I have some proper time to dedicate to it.
Well done!

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I have had tremendous fun playing and testing HOTB in the past year. I and many other people who sent play test reports hope you all enjoy the fruit of our labors and debates with Andrew over e-mail. ;)

Alchemist

Arcane
Congrats on the release WingedPixel ! I have this from Gamersgate - looking forward to giving it some proper play time.

2014 is sure off to a great start for cRPGs!

TigerKnee

Arcane
Questions:
1) Is there any "auto-travel to explore point on map" feature? Grimoire has spoiled me. Plus hunting that 1 rat wandering around the dungeon which you need to complete for the quest when you already explored the dungeon is annoying.

2) Is there a way to combine two traveling parties together, or do I have to walk back in town just to combine my party of 5 and 1 that I got by accident.

WingedPixel

Winged Pixel
Developer
1) Not sure how well auto explore would work with secret doors, treasure, etc? I agree that finding that last monster can be a pain.

2) No, you have to take them back to town. I just didn't get around to creating the UI to swap party members in the field.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom