Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Heroes of a Broken Land Released on Steam

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Heroes of a Broken Land; Winged Pixel

We've covered Heroes of a Broken Land previously, but on the off chance you forgot, it's a dungeon crawling RPG with multiple parties and procedurally generated dungeons combined with some Heroes of Might and Magic-like elements (such as hero recruitment and town management).

Today, the game has been released on Steam for the price of $14,99/£10.99:

Heroes of a Broken Land is a turn-based, dungeon crawling, town management RPG.

Explore procedurally generated worlds and dungeons with multiple parties of heroes. Ally with other towns to recruit new and more powerful heroes. Explore and loot countless dungeons on your quest to save the world.
  • First person, turn-based dungeon crawling action
  • Manage multiple 6 parties of up to 6 heroes each to explore the word
  • Manage towns, constructing buildings to upgrade your heroes and kingdom
  • Recruit heroes from the realm and turn novices into powerful adventurers
  • Each game is a unique world unto itself, with countless worlds and dungeons
  • Choose the size of your world: explore a small Fragment for quick adventure, or an enormous one for an epic quest
A Broken Land, shattered by the Wizards of old, the Fragments of the Old World are adrift in the Void. You must visit and restore each Fragment of the Void, only then can the World be rebuilt. However you are trapped in a crystal body, unable to act alone.

You must gather and recruit the many Heroes of each Fragment to act for you. You must explore each Fragment of the World. Delve into every dungeon to gather the resources and power needed to purify each Fragment. Expand your outpost to train and equip your heroes. Make allies with the other towns and settlements, convince them to join in your quest.​

Heroes of a Broken Land is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Aside from Steam, you can also buy it on Desura, GamersGate or directly from the developer's website.

jdinatale

Cipher
Is it possible to get a Steam key if I bought it through the website a while back?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lords of Xulima Early Access and this released on the same day. How about that.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
80na5dk.png

:prosper:

Monocause

Arcane
That pixel art is so bad that I will not even give this game a try for the sake of my aesthetic sensibilities. UI looks atrocious in general.

Maybe would've been better to stick to barebones GFX and have most of the game be a text dump.

Repressed Homosexual
Sadly the generic randomly generated dungeons start getting on your nerves about 2-3 hours in, even on the smallest map settings it's insanely repetitive and limited.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh hey it's 5 bux here for the next 7 hours. "Just enter code 'GR8' at checkout for an extra 5% off your entire order!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom