Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heroes 3 engine rework (WIP)

Alrighty, is it just me or search function is missing ? anyhow, if there's a thread covering this already, let me know.
Not exactly breaking news (since its been developed for quite some time now) but i figured codex would appreciate this.
Its called VCMI, its an open-source project and their main goal is to rewrite h3 engine, to make (among other things) modification and addition of new objects and towns much easier.
They'v made quite a progress in a past few years, current features include:

• Support for HoMM 3 graphics and maps of any size
  • Scennario selection menu
  • Adventure map with all objects, sailing, casting spells
  • Complete town interface, hero window, exchange screen, kingdom overview, thieves' guild
  • Battles: handling most of spells, creature banks, sieges, stack queue, basic battle AI
  • Various game mechanics: grail, combined artifacts, hero specialities, win and loss conditions and more
  • High resolutions

And here's a link http://forum.vcmi.eu/portal.php

I cant bring myself to play latest homm installments and im a bit tired of WoG already, but with this... Imagine the possibilities

DakaSha

Arcane
Unbalanced new content and sprites that look like they belong in a different game are a couple of possibilities for sure.

But hey. It def doesnt hurt and maybe something good will come out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom