Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption - adventure-RPG from the creators of Quest for Glory

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Well Quest for Glory was one of my favorite series back in the day so I will throw some money at them.

I think there is already a thread about this though.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Oh my God....it looks beautiful! The scenes in the beginning, like that house, seem ripped right out of a true sequel to QFG 4. (QFG 5 was great too, but the art style wasn't as good as QFG 4)

Amazing, loving the skills and their cute little icons too. :D

Just hope you can play a warrior mage and/or Paladin.

ColCol

Arcane
What? It's called Hero-U, plus the first thing I clicked on in the site had the word superheroes.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
What? It's called Hero-U, plus the first thing I clicked on in the site had the word superheroes.

Go back to playing The Old Republic son, and perusing the Bioware forums. This place is not for you.

Ban.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now now, be nice.

I guess the word 'hero' is associated with spandex-wearers these days.

But in the Quest for Glory games, it's more of a humorous take on the "hero" of Joseph Campbell's "hero's journey".

Dexter

Arcane
Never played Quest for Glory, I like the artwork but the actual gameplay look (from what I can tell?) has that creepy "social game" feel to it that immediately puts me off.

d769390b977ea9a1a208f5f4ed05fe62_large.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, don't really like the look of those graphics either. I hate that clean vector look that's everywhere these days. Hopefully they're not final, but even if they are if they keep their promises regarding the game then it should be good so I can live with the graphics.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
So "let's get physical".
It's sad that shipping is quite a big budget when you're European (in general on Kickstarter).
But this is real good feeling I'm giving a chance to fellow game developers to develop niche games they love deeply.

Regarding the graphics posted above, all I can say is I hope that's just some early speculation. That view looks like standard RPG Maker but worse.

It almost reminds me of Dungeons of Dredmor graphics, and I hate those since they're really ugly.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I loved the QfG xeries back in the day but their kickstarter hasn't given me any boners yet and I am not impressed with the graphic style they seem to be using for this,I would prefer something similar to QfG 3-4 instead of this top down cartoony thing

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah I was reminded of Dredmor too when I saw the art style.

I was also thinking the paper doll has fewer inventory slots than I'd have figured... but then QfG didn't have much in the way of equipment, but it was a different style of game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom