Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Help us bring down RPGwatch.com in Divinity: Original Sin

serch

Magister
let me guess ...

Die Kaiserin has glasses and golden laurels on the head :)

And she bears a sceptre as a symbol of 'her' power penis.

The sceptre was her penis. You've ruined the joke. You fool.

:rpgcodex:

Europeans. Why do you do this every time?

Lol, Assburguers seems to be contagious, it really got the best of me there.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Swen kind of always reminded me of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Now it's become quite clear with these posters. He looks very similar to Kuba Sienkiewicz, a cool guy potato musician.

kubasienkiewicz.jpg

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What is this treason, no-one has donated today.
We need to get behind the Watch again for a donation fever to occur.

How long is this campaign going? I spent $140 on crack last week, but can manage at least $20 for Larian if I steal it from work.
Till 27/4. ALso shame on you for not going the with the Hendrix version.
The Hendrix version is popamole. Shame on you for not referencing the Dylan version. :smug:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is this treason, no-one has donated today.
We need to get behind the Watch again for a donation fever to occur.

How long is this campaign going? I spent $140 on crack last week, but can manage at least $20 for Larian if I steal it from work.
Till 27/4. ALso shame on you for not going the with the Hendrix version.
The Hendrix version is popamole. Shame on you for not referencing the Dylan version. :smug:
I prefer the Hendrix version. If that makes my musical taste popamole I can live with that. :smug:

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Larian said:
Imp vs Commander

We want to thank both the RPGWatch and the RPGCodex for the fundraisers they’ve been holding to back Divinity: Original Sin. To show our gratitude, we came up with a bit of extra lore that we’ll happily included should both communities agree.

We probably shouldn't refer to the little red guys as imps, but the troll-position is already taken in Divinity: Original Sin.

The Curious Tale Of Commander Myrthos And The Little Red Riding Imps

You'll find many a curious place in Rivellon, but none - Zixzax the Imp Historian will tell you - is quite as curious as the Shelter Plane At The End of Time. Fabulous indeed, would be the heroes who come to inhabit this enigmatic abode, and just as fabulous (as they'd soon find out) are the critters that live there!

No one - and when we say 'no one' we mean 'not even Bellegar' - knows where these red, diminutive demon imps come from, but even though they live at the very edge of the cosmos, a hunter haunts their path ...

Myrthos he is called, and rumour has it he is not alone. Does he stalk them because they wronged his kin? Have they broken a sacred oath? Are the forces of the very Divines at work? We can only guess, but the fact of the matter is that a sinister feud is slumbering beneath the surface of an already troubled realm.

Myrthos and his guild obey the mighty Watch. The Red Riding Imps swear by the ancient Codex. Between the two of them there is no common ground; by every oath imaginable they are sworn enemies that seek one another's destruction.

You decide the outcome...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/460101

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Little Red Riding Imps is pretty funny.

Should they have a treasure called the glittering gems of hatred?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
ForkTong & lar_q - not sure if you've already answered to this question: Will the companions (if your reach the associated stretch goal, of course) make decisions based on their personalities and backgrounds? To put it in another way, will their conversation choices also come into the equation when a dialog choice appears?

Fuck, missed the thread - can someone move this post to Larian's Divinity : Original Sin - Kickstarter NOW LIVE thread were it belongs?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

evdk

Patron
I believe it was jokes like these that helped contribute to her leaving. The transwomen were successfully driven away months ago, time to retire these dated references.
If it was because of the jokes and references they would have left earlier that that, because those were here from day one. Try to scape goat something else.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If it was because of the jokes and references they would have left earlier that that, because those were here from day one. Try to scape goat something else.
Um, do you not remember that huge row she got into with DU over the idea of their being a "Codex tranny joke" put into Project Eternity? I think I remember her posting a few times about how things like that made her feel like she had outgrown this place.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Whale: henchmen/companions don't enter dialogs or take part in dialogs. But if we reach the stretchgoal, they will react to the decisions you make around the game, according to their personality.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Whale: henchmen/companions don't enter dialogs

Hm, I'm really sad to hear that. That was IMO probably one of the best parts and design decisions in Dragon Age: Origins.
Characters would jump in the dialog from time to time and try to steer you in the direction they preferred.
You could still make your own choice though (and depending on your decision either lose or gain their trust).

or take part in dialogs.

Heh, too bad, I rather like the idea although I do see a lot of possible problems with that kind of an aproach.

But if we reach the stretchgoal, they will react to the decisions you make around the game, according to their personality.

Care to give us a bit more extensive descripition?

I would be really dissapointed if they were mere spinless/soulless puppets with a binary affection status. Mass Effect series is the first shity thing that springs to my mind.
It doesn't matter who do you have in your team or what kind of decision do you make (well, at least in most situations) your team mates will stand there like retards doing completely nothing.
You can bring a Turian on the Krogan homeplanet and despite a comment or two no one is going to react (i.e. rape the fuck out of you).
The same thing applies for bringing the Geth companion on the Citadel.

Things that I personally would like to see:
  • companions not only leaving your side but even attacking your PCs if you make some kind of decision that completely contradicts their beliefs (DA:O)
  • certain factions/NPCs should attack/not grant you access/not talk to you depending on what companions you have in your party (Fallout 2 & PS:T)
  • having flashed out companions shouldn't exclude the posibility off recruiting mercenary henchmen (Project Eternity)
So yeah...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom