Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Help me find games for my mother.

Tytus

Arcane
As the title says.

My mother plays video games. She clocked over 700 hundred hours in CiV 5 alone so it's safe to say she is a gamer, but there are very specified types of games she likes.

She mainly plays the Sim City series, Sims series, Civilization series, Tropico series, Arline Tyccon series. She played Black and White (though didn't like it that much), she also played The Movies and Ghost Master and that's about it.

Some time she played an add-on for Sims 3 - World Adventures. She loved it. And she asked me if I know about any games where you can explore stuff like in World Adventures but there isn't any combat or real danger in it. Her name's day is coming and I want buy her a new game she would enjoy. Can you help me out Codex?

Can you direct to a game that meets the requirments she stated, or at least is similar enough to the games I listed? (The first option would be more preferable).

Tytus

Arcane

Yeah, I thought about it, but Startopia has combat. She barely tolerates the combat in CiV, complaining about it from time to time. So it's out, unfortunately.

Plus there is another restriction. The game has to be in Polish. Because she cant into english.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Tiny Tower.

It's addicting.

tiny-tower-gameplay-2.jpg

TT_max_without_Update.png

Tiny_Tower-Cheats.jpeg

There're also a Star Wars and a Las Vegas version.

If she likes planes there's Pocket Planes, made by the same people.

Last edited:

Tytus

Arcane
Doesn't she like adventure games?

Games that are heavy on plot aren't really her thing. This is why it's really hard to find anything for her. She basically wants a game where you can discover, explore etc. but she wouldn't restricted by plot requirments and the game is more open.

Astral Rag

Arcane
One of the Anno games? I would recommend 1404 Gold, I love this game's setting and IIRC this is the last Anno game that isn't infected with Uplay DRM.

The game has a continuous mode which can be played without combat.

Or maybe Theme Hospital or one of the Guild games. No idea if these games can be played in Polski though.

Some time she played an add-on for Sims 3 - World Adventures. She loved it. And she asked me if I know about any games where you can explore stuff like in World Adventures but there isn't any combat or real danger in it.

3DO-Robinsons-Requiem.jpg

:troll:

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I don't know of any that meet her requests, but your mom has good taste in games.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doesn't she like adventure games?

Games that are heavy on plot aren't really her thing. This is why it's really hard to find anything for her. She basically wants a game where you can discover, explore etc. but she wouldn't restricted by plot requirments and the game is more open.

You can try Frontiers once it comes out.

Also, Civ4 if she likes Civ5

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anno series.

I guess Dwarf Fortress might require more patience to learn than she has?

Martius

Liturgist
What about first Majesty? It have pretty decent polish translation (with pretty hilarious dubbing). Its mix of rts with sims since you dont have direct control over your units, you can only try to influence them and try to make best infrastructure for them. Some of campaign missions are pretty hard but there is custom mode so she could just play large random maps with weak enemies.

Koschey

Arcane
How about Alpha Centauri (unless you already include it in the Civ series)? I'd also second Settlers and add stuff like Theme Park, Theme Hospital and RollerCoaster Tycoon.

And exploration without combat or real danger screams Gone Home to me. :troll:

Tytus

Arcane
How about Alpha Centauri (unless you already include it in the Civ series)? I'd also second Settlers and add stuff like Theme Park, Theme Hospital and RollerCoaster Tycoon.

And exploration without combat or real danger screams Gone Home to me. :troll:

She already wants to buy Civ Beyond Earth - so yeah Alpha Centauri may be a good option. Though I would need to find a polish copy, plus convince her to give and older game a chance. Thanks for the advice.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I second RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
It's a great game for someone like your mother
With it's age, there should be a polish translation lying around somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom