Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

The Decline

Arcane
If it's anything like their previous games it'll be shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Trully amazing what they did with UE4. Capturing character real time using the new mocap tech. I think it has never been done before in real time before, right?
If it'll be action packed as DMC and with compelling story, it will be an awesome ride.

Are you serious?

Of course, mocap in real time was done before.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Are you serious?

Of course, mocap in real time was done before.

This was first time I saw it in live action. I don't know anything about it and I thought it was cool.

It is cool but it's also useless.

Their achievement is that they did it with non-expensive equipment. The problem is that it has nothing to do with gameplay.

Yeah, the game will have nice animations. But I follow this game for the last 2 years and they avoid showing actual gameplay because whatever they actually shown was bad.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Finally some combat gameplay. TBH it doesn't look bad and I like the fact that they are doing their own thing instead of blatantly copying Dark Souls or some other games.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
sometimes I have brain farts like above. Mocap is not useless and it helps a lot with immersion and stuff.

If you have MOCAP utilities and software and know how to use them it's a game's studio dream come true. Btw, combat feels it will be based of players reactions similar to Dark souls. It could turn good.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
sometimes I have brain farts like above. Mocap is not useless and it helps a lot with immersion and stuff.

If you have MOCAP utilities and software and know how to use them it's a game's studio dream come true. Btw, combat feels it will be based of players reactions similar to Dark souls. It could turn good.

No rolling -> no iFrames
No parries
And she seems to perform different combos based on the positioning.

Both are action games but I don't see a lot of Dark Souls in the clip above. I don't know.

The game is clearly not finished so this part might change. I think the game has potential and I'm glad it's coming to PC.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why does the combat remind me of this, of all things?

Well, then again, it also reminds me of this masterpiece:

I definitely hope it's more of the latter than the former, but genuinely behind-the-back for hack n' slash is a bit awkward.

No healthbars, player health feedback is blood spatters on the screen, vignetting and de-saturation? Where have I seen that before... :roll:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
This looks kind of cool. What I'm surprised by is the amount of hate in here for Enslaved. I by no means loved it, but I thought it was OK. I completed it and had some fun with it.

What did you guys hate so much about it?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://steamcommunity.com/games/414340/announcements/detail/539708459760281742

Dev Diary 26: Myths & Madness
3 March - francesca.mead
Our latest Hellblade dev diary has arrived!

As we complete our Alpha stage of development for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice we wanted to share a new development diary with you. Episode 26, Myths & Madness, explores how Senua’s journey is one that is intertwined with both her experiences of psychosis and Viking mythology.

Completing the Alpha stage is significant in Hellblade’s creation. It means that for the first time the entire game is playable from beginning to end. That doesn’t however mean that the game is finished. There is still a huge amount of work to be done across the whole experience. Some parts of the game are starting to look and feel just as we envisaged, whereas others are still only built to a basic level. The important thing at this stage is that all of the areas are laid out and the design clearly defined. Two years of hard work by the Hellblade team is starting to pay off and we’re ready for the next stage: Beta. This is where we can focus on the player experience – looking at the game step-by-step, improving it along the way, honing how the game will look and feel to our players. It is at this stage that we will start to add a lot of the small details that make a big difference.

We're very excited to be sharing Hellblade with you later this year and we look forward to bringing you more updates on the road to release.

Early versions of the game looked unimpressive but I must say this is starting to shape up really nicely. Impressive graphics and use of colors, nice setting (Scandinavian/Viking lore!), nice subject, nice protagonist. Perhaps even the revised combat system will be fun.

Habbonovio

Educated
This is actually the only game I'm hyped about.

It would be devastating for me if it turned out to be shit.

Also, more games about celts, please.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...aled-89238c4c-hellblade-senuas-sacrifice.aspx

201front_2D00_610.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom