Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The new expansion is so fucking good. Best one in a long long time :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, I have discovered this game and it turned out that I enjoy it. I'm quite a noob now obviously. Played a few solo matches, got 4 heroes, and played 2 online games (one win, one defeat).

Is there some good tips I could use or should I just start playing and collect the cards/heroes?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I got the Lich king in a pack after rage-abandoning Arena after 1 loss.

What's a good deck for him. Warrior?
I got the rogue DK hero card. Is it shit?

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's a good deck for him. Warrior?
Anything really, aside from pure aggro. He's like Rag, fits almost everywhere.
I got the rogue DK hero card. Is it shit?
Yeah. Decent in mill rogue I guess.
Is there some good tips I could use or should I just start playing and collect the cards/heroes?
There's couple of hidden quests (like beating all the heroes on heroic) you might want to do as it helps with your collection a little:
https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest#Unique_quests
Otherwise prepare to pony up some real life shekels if you want to have a decent card collection.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm gonna build a gay deck with Tirion and Lich king when I get home.

Revenant

Blizzard made a Hearthstone animated short that is even gayer than the One Night in Karazhan trailer:

FFS, they put the Golden Monkey - a wild card - in. Has Blizzard no shame?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The DK Warlock deck is good. Not so easy to play, and quite satisfying and works out decently against most archetypes, even that fucking Druid.

Zer0wing

Cipher
No they shouldn't promote WIld, because you can't even buy the adventures anymore. How retarded is to advertise a product that isn't even for sale?
Well, yes you can now. But not with the gold and not in HS' shop but in Blizzard app.

UglyBastard

Arcane
Huh. Guess there is no end to Blizzard's greed.

It has been demanded by the community and having the option to get them again is nice. You don't get more bang for your buck in HS than in the oldschool adventures, so I don't really get the "fuck Blizzard greed" here. Yea, the HS developers spill their spaghetti on a regular basis and the game is greedy as fuck in general, but this is actually a nice move (undoing the stupidity of making the adventures unavailable).

Revenant

In this case, does "bang for your buck" mean "throw away $15 for a bunch of unusable cards"?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What does "supported" mean for Hearthstone? Like a card change every 2 years or so?

Useless cards, lul, because standard cards are so useful otherwise, for... like... oh yeah, scrub HS players who still dream themselves winning $$$ in tournaments and blowing Trump

Last edited:

Revenant

"Supported" means "balanced" or at least "Blizzard's (TM) attempt at balanced". Wild is just everything thrown in and left in the water.

v1rus

Arcane
Noone playing hs anymore? :(

Just think of Blizzard employees and their poor families the have to feed.

Have you people no heart?

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game's not only trash, it's also expensive trash. It's only few weeks after a new release when it's actually something somewhat resembling fun, before everyone realizes everything is shit. And the last batch of nerfs was so hilariously badly thought out it's not even funny.

Eggs is eggs

Learned
I used to play it as well but the game is so expensive. 3 expansions a year, you either have to spend $100 each expansion or grind every day. I don't play any F2P games anymore.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I used to play it as well but the game is so expensive.

This. Used to play too, I actually liked the game a lot and when they still made adventures the cost was ok. But now? Pouring hundreds of bucks into this game each year? Yeah, how about no. I wanna play other games too.

v1rus

Arcane
Well ye, its pricey as fuck.

Still, i do my dailies every 2-3 days, never missing any quests, min/maxing my resources and crafting smartly, and as such I have pretty much every standard/wild deck. If i had to pay any money, I'd quit the shit too. This way its ok, I guess. The change so you cant get duplicate legendaries really helps, too.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I used to play it as well but the game is so expensive. 3 expansions a year, you either have to spend $100 each expansion or grind every day. I don't play any F2P games anymore.

$100 gets you fuck all, too. That's the best part.

v1rus

Arcane
The thing with HS is that you have to maintain it regularly. If you do your quests every 3rd day (half an hour/hour) you will catch up sooner or later (probably later, or never when it comes to wild). But stop playing for one expansion? You are fucked, boy. If i had to start a new now, I'd never ever fucking do it. You'd need to toss like at least 500$ to catch up with standard, and you'd never fucking ever catch up with wild.

That aside, its become sort of a morning ritual for me. Get up in the morning, have breakfast and then enjoy morning coffee with Hearthstone on one monitor, and sum web surfing on the other. Sure, there are times meta is 100% pure fucking cancer, but there is times its fun as hell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom