Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

I also am not following the news all that closely, and was assuming that each Quest was the only class Legendary, and that it generally resulted in an unsummonable legendary if successfully completed.

I agree that quests seem extremely gimmicky, and are unlikely to add any sort of meaningful mechanical layer to the meta. Most likely there will be one extremely OP quest, and one conditionally OP tech quest. Those two decks will probably see about a 60/20% division of play, and the other 7 quests will be featured in about .5% of the remaining decks.

Blizzard gonna Blizzard.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Hunter, Warlock and Priest quests all seem pretty solid and will probably see play. Shaman and Rogue are shit though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Class legendaries, even these quests, are on average a lot stronger than neutral ones that are usually mostly shit. You can probably count on one hand the number of good neutral legendaries in the past two or three expansions.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Holy shit, worst paladin quest confirmed. We got trolled by blizzard again. Paladin still tier 5 garbage class.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Pally's quest seems kinda awkward to pull off, but the reward is sweet. Most of the time you win the game on the spot. The mage's quest reward is interesting as fuck, though.

I'm really liking all these new mechanics.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I reinstalled, as I do before every expansions except Gadgetzan, and oy vey - price increase? Lol. Loooool. The reason I stopped playing and following the game last summer was coz I thought the price of packs is beyond absurd, even tho the adventures are priced very reasonably. And now I get a price hike AND more expansions and less andventures?

Loooool.
Looooooooooooooooooool.

Good thing I got 8000 dust stashed away, apparently (no idea how the fuck I got that much), so if Ungoro is anything like Gadgetzan I can just craft all those 10 marginally playable cards and I'm good.

Projas

Patron
Pally's quest seems kinda awkward to pull off, but the reward is sweet. Most of the time you win the game on the spot. The mage's quest reward is interesting as fuck, though.
I don't know, I don't really like Galvadon. It's fairly difficult to pull off and then it can die too easily to board clear or something like deadly shot, even if you give it stealth. And then you have nothing to show for it since there is no persistent effect like with the other quests.

Mage quest seems cool though, play that + 2 free arcane giants and slam opponents face for 16 + whatever you can do with 15 mana. Could end up being the new fun and interactive mage deck, since freeze is probably dead.
Good thing I got 8000 dust stashed away, apparently (no idea how the fuck I got that much), so if Ungoro is anything like Gadgetzan I can just craft all those 10 marginally playable cards and I'm good.
The prize increases are retarded, but they actually seem to have done a good job designing Ungoro. So you'd probably need much more dust if you wanted to craft everything playable.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The prize increases are retarded

It's doubly retarded coz it apparently hits relatively poorer parts of the world the most while not applying at all to some of the richest like the US and Canada. And why the fuck are we Eastern Yuros considered part of the prestigious Western Yuro for pricing purposes? The purchasing power over here is still abysmal compared to Gaymany or Scandi. I could comfortably eat for two weeks for the price of those 60 packs. Fuck this gay Earth.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So all the Kwan streamers are opening packs right nao. Is the release staggered? No change over here in my small central Yuro shithole.

Tick Tock Crocodile

So all the Kwan streamers are opening packs right nao. Is the release staggered? No change over here in my small central Yuro shithole.

Europe has always gotten expansions/adventures a day or so later than the Kwans.

Revenant

Can't log in to claim my 5 whole packs saved from brawl and other rewards, bandwidth must be reserved for streamers

rip

Projas

Patron
Yep, always is, because Blizzard hates EU. Based on what i've heard it should come out either midnight or 3 am tomorrow.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Opened 20-packs after all my gold and the free packs. Got 4-epics and 2-legendaries, perhaps Blizzard trying to get me back in the game. Looked at the collection -- legendary quests are indeed not auto-given.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
4 legendaries in 105ish packs. Priest Quest, Paladin Quest, the shitty Druid Class card (vanilla minion), and the new Elise (pretty good).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...ke_blizzard_actively_censoring_discussion_of/

Classic Blizzard. I've opened like 18 packs and there definitely seems to be something fishy with the amount of dupliactes I got.

I remember back in the day when I was F2P I was opening very few packs so every epic was a celebration. And yet every second epic was a Gorehowl. I must've amassed like 8 Gorehowls in my HS career (btw got another one when I got back in the game a week ago and Blizzard gave me 9 free Classic packs :lol: ). Yeah, this is not RNG anymore.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Warlock's leg in 25 packs, a bunch of duplicates. It's shit.

Now that they're doing expansions only, they could give the legs drop rates a bump at least. Fucking Blizzard.

The Mage's Quest is fun as hell, from the looks of it.

Projas

Patron
It's like 40% quest rogue, 30% pirate warrior, 20% zoo, hunters and shamans and 10% people experimenting with other decks.

Obviously, that's just my impression from limited sample.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I played about 10 games today and half of it was the 1-drop hunters. Every single one kicked my ass but I played stupid crap to check things out. Plus the deck feels squishy. Tech-in one or two AoEs and it's out.

Projas

Patron
I barely meet hunter, but yeah it doesn't look as good as it initially seemed. Aggro will kill you before you can get value out of Carnassa because you are playing shitty one drops. Quest rogue will easily outvalue you. And board clears also screw you a lot like you say.

Revenant

Quest rogue is fucking broken, it's so fast that even zoo can't keep up with it most times. RIP late Gadgetzan control meta

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom