Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Rabbid

Savant
Hold on a sec. I thought that the pity timer for legendaries was 40 packs (only). Don't try to badmouth the generous hs team with your rigged data.

Smart phone typo, meant 34. That number also includes the classic packs I've gotten from brawls since MSoG's debut; are different xpac packs tracked independently for the pity timer?

Hmm interesting. So it's probably closer to 30 packs without a leg for me.

Incidentally I've opened 3 packs since and the third had Kazakus, which is honestly all I really wanted from MSoG, so whatever; I am placated.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Finally got turn 4 lethal'd by Pirate Warrior.

fOnDlXI.jpg

Playing my gimmicky Reno C'thun Lock around Rank 10. Didn't draw into answers, except Demonwrath which I couldn't even play on account of the Frothing. This deck historically hasn't done the best vs. Pirate Warrior, but the inclusion of a 1-mana 3/2 minion and insane openers with the coin has made it way more difficult.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Game is a mess. They put so little effort into it, it's staggering. Brode wants to consider moving cards from the Classic set out of Standard to 'FREE UP DESIGN SPACE.' Merely an admission that they can't think of many new ideas that are worthwhile. Doesn't really matter. Blizzard has already made hundreds of millions of dollars from an investment that's maybe 10% of that amount.

RuySan

Augur
Classic being always part of standard was a stupid idea anyway. How many times must one face Ragnaros or Jenkins?

They should either rotate Classic out or make it like MTG where Classic editions are re-edited (i.e. Classic 2017, Classic 2019) with some "new", previously out-of standard cards.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That would require more cards/expansions/adventures per year. No thanks. Unless you all really want to spend money on the game to keep your collections competitive. Keeping Classic is fine, they need to put more effort into the new cards so they can push different archetypes instead of merely adding cards that feed into existing ones.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Not necesarily. Both Brode and some people like Kibler floated the idea of just having some cards "rotate out" of classic and a few new get added. Only a handful of cards are relevant anyway. It would essentially be season-based bannings and unbannings + a few additions.

I think that's a fine idea of how to handle it. I don't give that much of a fuck because I only play Hearthstone on the loo, while travelling and on a slow sunday where I don't want to get out of bed, but the idea seems fine to me.

sser

Arcane
Developer
A team that is already grossly incompetent at balancing their game finnicking with the core sets sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

RuySan

Augur
Leaving always classic would bring more power creep into the new expansions. There are many good and reliable cards in classic, so the only way to make people play some newer cards in standard is to make them even more powerful.

This reminds me when during the Tempest days in MTG, the game became so fast paced. The next few expansion cycles were a bit slower to compensate, and standard less about beatdown.

Obviously some years later Wizards of the Coast threw this sensibility out of the window and brough the power creep into full force.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Both Brode and some people like Kibler floated the idea of just having some cards "rotate out" of classic and a few new get added
I don't think Brode ever alluded to the possibility of cards being added to the core set.

Anyway I think they shouldn't touch the classic set until they learn how to print good cards instead of gimmicky shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

I agree with all of his points but most important is that the game is too fast. Although I know there are a lot of derpies that play the game that love aggro decks because it allows them to grind gold/wins faster but that mentality reminds me of the old 1980's anti-drug PSA:

Overpowered one-drops and fast meta are shit for the game. It cuts down on enjoyment because, as he points, out cards that cost 4+ mana that might have wacky/fun effects are never going to see play so you're going to see the same shit OP one drops again and again. Someone in the comments pointed out Dr. Boom would probably be a bad card in the current meta. Pretty telling.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I just uninstalled this. I hope I can stick to my decision in the long term and don't relapse.

I've been playing f2p since beta, been to legend, never missed a quest in the last 2 years, never missed rank 5 since rewards, have a complete collection of useful cards with 20k dust to spare. Overall I have spent around 1.8k hours playing hearthstone.

I feel that for a long time I haven't been enjoying the game, 80% of the matches were just frustrating, the last few expansions changed nothing and even arena has become a disappointment.

Regardless of all that, I was hooked on collecting more gold/dust/cards etc but I've reached a point where the game feels so boring or infuriating that I don't care anymore. I have hundreds of other games in my backlog, let alone other more useful stuff to do in my life.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Dear gosh would you look at this

WzLTNaP.jpg

I came *this* close to caving in and crafting this nigger these last few days, goddamn Blizzard

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They won't nerf Patches, they'll nerf STB. So anyone who spent the 1600 dust is going to be shit out of luck.

Rabbid

Savant
He will still see play in rogue (Swashburglar) and warrior (N'Zoth's First Mate).

Meh. STB deserves a nerf more than Patches anyway, imo. Patches is a minor annoyance, STB is full-on metastasized cancer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom