Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

sser

Arcane
Developer
ehKY3V.png

All I wanted was a fucking Gwent key.

Revenant

Is anybody else getting strong Big Trouble in Little China vibes from the Gadgetzan expansion?

I mean, Kazakus is obviously Lo-Pan:

a93a5c19e80405d082939b46369a57c0.jpeg

and the Green Lotus is one of the competing Asian gangs, the Shaman legendary looks a lot like these lightning dudes from the trailer, etc.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Over 65% of my opponents are this:

K3ypGD.jpg

Never been one to BM, but I now rope every single turn vs. a Pirate Warrior.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I'm only interested in playing Reno decks at this point honestly, Which is why I think Kazakus is a god send. It's such a great card.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I played Zoolock last month so I've few qualms about what style of play a deck is. Pirate War has always been the most brainless deck in the game. Now it's just extra powerful and ubiquitous so it is very annoying. Control Warrior is virtually dead, by the way, and the top of the "meta" is mostly Reno Priest/Mage/Warlock with players continuously teching one or two cards to beat the other in a matchup.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Kind of funny how quickly people flock to the meta decks. Was playing a Druid who had stuff like vanilla Raptor in his deck but busted out Jade Idol along with Aya and Fandral. Fortunately the other day I got Deathwing in a pack and thought it was a good tech against Jade Druids. Few of them have removal outside of swipe. Get them to low health via Alex and then play Deathwing when their hand is near empty and they've flooded the board with golems.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
So, is Blizzard gonna nerf Pirate warrior or what now ? That deck is ridiculous. The thing is, the meta is kinda okay-ish if you discout that one deck : Reno decks are doing good, Jade Druid/Shaman can be insane but are slow-ish to setup, and there are a bunch of decks waiting for a slight nudge to become ladder viable. I feel like if Blizz took care of the I-kill-you-by-turn-5 Warrior, the game could actually be fun to play.

v1rus

Arcane
You people do realize that old midrange shaman tears through pirate warrior like its a piece of paper, right?

v1rus

Arcane
You people do realize that old midrange shaman tears through pirate warrior like its a piece of paper, right?
How does it fare against Druid?

Pirate Warrior? Don't actually know, havent made a single new deck since i got only 10 packs :p Haven't tried to rank up either, just doing quests and shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No, mid-range shaman. Pirate Warrior usually beats Jade Druid. But if Shaman can beat them both then it's back to the future!

Tick Tock Crocodile

Aggro Shaman (the list with the couple of Jade cards included) runs through both PW and Jade Druid easily. Probably the most efficient deck to climb with.

v1rus

Arcane
The more I think about it, the more I have feel like "No jade golem druids anymore, but every single Malygos druid runs 1x copy of jade idol, and its utterly terrifying" is a possible turn of events. That same list would prolly run 2x Gadz instead of one tho

I mean, half the reason all these decks are played is cause they are new. When ppl get bored of that shit, thats when the actual meta is going to get defined.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty much. And as Tick Tock points out we've come full circle back to aggro shaman. Despite all the wacky new mechanics the printing of yet another overpowered one drop (Small Time Buccaneer) sped up the meta so fast that the best way to counter it is play an equally faster deck that has more efficient taunts and board clears (Feral Spirit, Thing from Below, Maelstrom Portal). Only new card I crafted so far is a single Dragonfire Potion but I stick to Casual mode. Ranked is a shit show now. Wonder when they'll wise up and stop printing one mana drops altogether.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Well, I am at rank 8 right now with pre-expansion midrange shaman and it crushes most decks. Its only weakness is renolock.

v1rus

Arcane
Well, I am at rank 8 right now with pre-expansion midrange shaman and it crushes most decks. Its only weakness is renolock.

Thats actually, good enough, I think. Renolock is supposed to be teh big shit now (which only makes sense, since it was the only viable highlander deck pre MSoG, and this new batch of pro highlander cards should make it incredibly strong) and as such, in the worst case scenario, shaman wont hold the throne since there 'll be another challenger - which opens up space for different decks.

I personally, am really looking forward to playing Highlander Priest.

Now, Raza, Kazakus and Beardo, find a way to my next pack. Pls.

Rabbid

Savant
Spot on about reno lock imo: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5hl787/playing_against_reno_lock_feels_like_a_3_stage/

On the other hand, aggro shaman is probably the best thing around with patches+buccaneer and the new jade weapon and spell thrown in. Same goes for miracle rogue with pirates (swashburglar, patches, buccanneer, deckhand). Just make an aggro list with pirates, jade, or a combination of both, and you are good to go.

Priest is definitely interesting. Especially reno priest variants like reno-dragon, reno otk (Beardo, discovering/stealing a Coldarra Drake etc).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
About two weeks into the nu-trash-meta. Sitting on 13,000 dust. Looking at MSG legendaries I'll probably pass on crafting most of them for now. Kun has some potential but I don't want to contribute to Jade Druid shitfest. Also why I'm still going to pass on crafting Fandral. Inkmaster is mediocre. Wickerflame is okay but Paladin is near-dead at the moment. Shaku will never be good. White Eyes is kind of mediocre and not really necessary for mid-range Shaman. Hobart isn't even good in Pirate Warrior. Patches is somewhat better than I thought but, imo, it simply spurs the playing of Pirate Warrior with the real strength being Small Time Buccaneer. Also a shit fest I don't want to join. Sgt Sally has future potential but not worth it now. Genzo is trash as there are better ways of drawing cards. Finja is niche. Aya is limited to Jade which will probably be dead next expansion. I have yet to see a single streamer attempt a Madam Goya deck. Wrathion is mediocre at best, not much better than nerfed Ancient of Lore. And Noggenfogger is a joke card.

All that in mind I'll probably craft Leeroy, Jaraxxus, and Kazakus to be able to play full-tilt Reno lock. Leeroy and Jaraxxus will almost certainly be useful for... EVAH. Kazakus might shit the bed with Reno leaving but at least it's a fun card now.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Well, the 4 popular/net-decking legendaries from the expansion are

Patches
Kazakus
Aya
Raza

I crafted the first 3 and I'm happy with them so far. I wouldn't mind trying those interesting decks with Kun, or Finja, or Beardo, but I don't wanna spend dust on them.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Patches is definitely a 'must craft' if you can stand playing aggro decks. I can't bring myself to do it. Beardo I've only seen in a couple of Reno Priest decks. I can't see it being that useful except to excessively heal yourself. This meta has pushed having a strong win condition/knockout punch. Zetalot (or w/e his name is) is one of the better Priest players and he's trying a deck with Velen and Mind Blast.

v1rus

Arcane
I actually got quite fucking lucky this exp, for now.

in ~15 packs I got white eyes and wrathion. White eyes is awesum, lets hope we see a good ctrl shammy next year, and wrathion, well, hes okayish i guess. Ill try running him, but i doubt he 'll be any good.

My must crafts are Raza and Kazakus, Ill prolly wait till other Reno Priest cards I'm missing drop tho.

And on my 43rd pack since release I finally just got my first leg of this xpac.

And it's Genzo.

And to think that I've quit playing TBS games because (and this is the diction and justification I've used in my own internal dialogues) "they're a waste of my time".

Haah...

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom