Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Overall it's kind of meh. Rogue got nothing viable. Paladin got mostly cards that push shitty flood decks. Warlock and Mage got pushed into Reno decks. Shaman got mostly strong cards the strongest class in the game didn't need. Warrior got shitty Bolster cards so SMORC/face warrior is all that's pushed. Control Warrior got basically nothing. Hunter should be about the same with the goon cards, maybe more mid-range and less secrets. Priests got the boosts it needed but it's still going to be mostly Dragon or go home. Druid might be able to counter Shaman for the top spot.

Class legendaries are mostly decent. Almost all of the neutral legendaries are shit (not counting the tri-class ones) save one or two that serve niche roles. Neutral epics are mostly shit save for two or three. Neutral rares are 50/50. Neutral commons are almost all filler garbage except Mistress of Mixtures.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Says a lot about 1 drops that they went 5 mana for a double Mana Wyrm.

ECqxwev.jpg

Tick Tock Crocodile

Thought the Shadow Rager thing was a joke at first. God damn.

EDIT: Flavour text makes it better:

N7zoQgu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hopefully that Brawl gave them the obvious data that Shaman are too fucking strong.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

This is why I wait before I divine into a newly released expansion. Although I thought maybe just go ahead and buy packs because the Tri-Class legendaries are the best so you have a higher chance of getting them. Plus you get in on the sweet sweet compensation.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
People are wanting full dust value for the tri-class cards but that would be crazy. Would only take 40 common tri-class to get a legendary. So, probably one legendary per 15 packs. And that's considering if you've opened a ton of packs you possibly have at least two of the three tri-class legendaries.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I got the warrior legendary in 45 packs. Dusted half the commons and rares because of the bullshit dupes.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Guess I get 15 free packs. Thanks for not bothering to try your packs before you release them, Blizzard!

Any player on the Americas server who opened Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs before 2:30PM PST will receive additional Mean Streets of Gadgetzan packs as compensation. The affected players will receive 33% of the total amount of Gadgetzan packs opened before 2:30PM PST, rounded up, to a minimum of one, regardless if the player acquired packs through gold, Quests, or real money. Since cards are generated upon pack opening and not pack purchase, packs purchased before the hotfix but opened after the hotfix will not experience this bug and will not be a part of the compensation roll out.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
100 pack results:

- Four legendaries: Don Han'Cho (yay), Knuckles (might be okay), Auctionmaster Beardo (shit), Warlock class legendary (complete shit).
- 21 epics (mostly shit ones)
- Missing five or six rares for full pair of each.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
78 packs, 7 legendaries. One of which was golden, and only 2 that were bad enough for immediate dusting.

I usually never get lucky with these things, but damn.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Unsurprisingly, Pirate warrior is busted as fuck

I'm seeing an awful lot of them. Here's a potential opener for Pirate Warrior:

1/2, 1/2, 1/1 (charge) -- Turn 1.

3/2, 3/2, 1/1, 3/2-weapon -- Turn 2.

If you don't have an answer, you can easily lose the game on Turn 1 because more damage is coming down the pipeline. And you'd best burst-kill the warrior because if you get them under 12 they'll just Mortal Strike for 6.

It's always been the most mindless aggro deck possibly ever in the game, and now it's on steroids.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Funny enough N'Zoth/taunt warrior (alley armorsmith ho) is a decent counter. Pirate warriors don't really have any removal from what I've seen (other than weapons). Something like Dirty Rat might be helpful but it's shit against most other decks.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The thing about insanely strong aggro decks is that it drives the meta even faster, not the other way around. So we'll see even faster zoo decks, aggro shamans...etc.

Last edited:

Tick Tock Crocodile

Also encouraging a fast meta is Jade Idol Druid, which gives slow control decks the middle finger.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Was thinking a little more about this card...

49637.png

At first I thought it was good. Now I'm wondering if it's that much better than Youthful Brewmaster. The vanilla stats for the mana cost are comparable. The epic gives you a copy of a card versus bouncing it back but what are the situations where that's necessarily the better option? Only things I could think of are deathrattles (which mage tends not to play aside from Loot Hoarder) and aura/turn based cards like Emperor. I guess you also have the benefit of keeping the minion on the board for trades and such, too. But with Brewmaster you get the card bounced to your hand and don't have to rely on RNG to redraw it. A lot of these new cards are turning out to be fairly mediocre on second glance.

hivemind

good counter against an auchenai if you are playing a semi reno deck and need him on board urgently as just a body even tho you still have one copy of a card in play still in your deck imo

def a tech choice to consider depending on how the meta develops

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom