Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

GrainWetski

Arcane
Also they seem to be pushing Zoo/cancer Paladin. What a shit-show.

Token druid too

uLfNzL3.png

rYaNKyl.png

And finally a new board clear for priest. Dragon priest might become ridiculously strong until BRM rotates out.

UNjXCUd.png

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, problem with Priest is they don't have good early game plays. Board clear cards that rely on drawing other cards aren't too ideal. First you need both cards in your hand, second you're eating up deck slots to include both pieces of the combo. Priest needs more proactive cards to be competitive. Not multiple reactive cards. That's why Dragon Priest is the strongest Priest deck -- you have quality plays on curve.

v1rus

Arcane
that 2/2 death rattle is fucking insane against aggro

the fact that you heal yourself prolly even outweighs the 1 point good ol' chow lost

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Maybe. But the 2/3 is probably going to trade twice the majority of times versus a 2/2. The heal is meh. What you want to achieve with cards like that is take control of the board so Zoo-tards/Cancer-pallies aren't swarming you with six minions while you're praying you draw your AoE.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Some new and shitty cards:

636139728328540243.png

Nice to see lower cost legendaries but considering this needs to be played later than turn 3 to guarantee any utility it's kind of bad. Unless there are some wacky new cards that lower the cost of your hero power.

636139725452880094.png

For a legendary this is fucking awful. I can't really see how it's better than the 2 mana Undercity Huckster.

636139726984997619.png

Yeah...

sser

Arcane
Developer
That Rogue legendary is unbelievably bad. What the fuck :lol:

It's strictly worse than the Huckster across the board. Hell, it's probably worse than Cutpurse too. Good thing they blew a legendary label on this for Rogues. :retarded:

UglyBastard

Arcane
Wow, talk about badmouthing a great card.

Rogue has a lot of unexplored design space since the Blade Flurry nerf and now they are exploring it to the fullest. Just see, you cranky naysayers! This is going to be the next big thing for Rogue!

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Rogue also got the Counterfeit Coin which could be kinda broken in its own right, they can't have everything.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
lol at that 1 mana 2/2.

ooOh loooook blizzard is lisetning they release antiagrro cards in every epxansiun!!!!

What, the game has problems with aggro? Sure, let's create a counter card that's completely boring and useless otherwise. Typical Blizzturd design: make OP cards then make cards to counter ONLY those cards.

And meanwhile, the great HS community is working hard on the next iteration of face shaman or hunter.

This is such a pathetic shitshow.

Edit:

lul and they're still doing windfury cards :lol:

Really, really sad.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
That Rogue legendary seem pretty bad. Needs to be 2 mana 2/3 or 3 mana 3/4.

2 more Kazakus effects. The other 2 tri-class legendaries better be as good/interesting as Kazakus.

rQc5BQg.jpg

Rogue has a lot of unexplored design space since the Blade Flurry nerf and now they are exploring it to the fullest. Just see, you cranky naysayers! This is going to be the next big thing for Rogue!
At this point I'm not sure, if posts like this are a joke or not. Maybe playing this game made me actually retarded.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Who's more retarded, the guy who plays Hearthstone or the guy who doesn't and spends time posting about it on a Hearthstone thread?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Who's more retarded, the guy who plays Hearthstone or the guy who doesn't and spends time posting about it on a Hearthstone thread?
this is a trick question because they're equally retarded

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Holy shit. Token druid is gonna be absolutely bonkers broken. And priest got a major boost.

Token druid till legendary it is !

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
636141175653418702.png

They really want to push aggro/flood paladin, don't they? Sometimes I just want to gut punch Ben Brode.

Revenant

I didn't receive a new daily quest today, WTF Blizzard? Is this how Trump made America great again? :decline:

Revenant

That's the point, I'm aware of daylight savings. I get a new NA daily quest at 10 A.M. in the summer and at 9 A.M. in the winter, and today a third quest didn't pop up.

EDIT: Oh, so NA turns their clocks twice a year like retards too, lol. I thought this depravity was limited to poorope only

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not really digging the theme of this expansion with these flood/+stat boost cards. Pretty vanilla.

v1rus

Arcane
Not really digging the theme of this expansion with these flood/+stat boost cards. Pretty vanilla.

Well, it seems like its the gist for the Goons triclass, since no class except hunter/warrior/pala has access to those. I'm quite sure (or rather, hopeful, we are dealing with blizzard here after all) that both Lotus and Kabal will also have their own mechanic.

I find the whole concept rather interesting, especially since a ton of new cards interact with it rather curiously. That hunter Kodo is pure case of awesome, and, remember that pala legendary? fucking pathetic, right? Well, imagine playing the +1/+1 1 mana spell on the first turn, then that 2 mana 1/1 minion (thats 2/2 now btw) followed by the pala legendary on turn 4. Thats 4/4 with divine shield, taunt and lifelink, for 3 mana, on curve. Aggro decks? Come at us brah. Also, they treat hunter, pala and war differently (pala minions buff the whole hand for small bonuses mainly, hunters buff random cards for more and wars seem to be buffing only taunts/weapons). This mechanic also seriously affects charge minions, in a good way.

As far as we have seen, this expansion brings a shit ton of new, interesting interactions and mechanics, everywhere. Sure, there is some vanilla filler shit, but, eh. Cards we have seen so far show that Blizzard wants to see more diverse decks - the aggro druid they've been pushing for ages, eboladin, and etc. And that's good. Some cards are pure fucking kind of awesome like that fucking 1/1 pirate (that shit is bloody op, just wait till functioning pirate deck appears) and I could write pages about Kazakus. The point being this - I'm actually sure that the rest of the set is going to be equally interesting and innovative (JUST GIEF US A NEW PHUCKING CTUN MINION, WILL YA?), what I'm worried about is 30 new decks spawning, but 2 of those totally dominating the meta.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Thats 4/4 with divine shield, taunt and lifelink, for 3 mana, on curve.

the aggro druid they've been pushing for ages, eboladin,

Amazing stuff! I can't wait to play this game! When is it released? Is it free?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom