Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HAY GUYS THE NEW VERSION IS OUT

obediah

Erudite
ooh, I sure hope 17.1 doesn't come out in 2 days.

la, la, la. la, la, la. I can stop playing Oblivion.

xeno

Novice
Em...downloaded it but..I start a game, talk to the watcher, go to sleep and...wake up at the final battle :?

Drain

Scholar
xeno said:
Em...downloaded it but..I start a game, talk to the watcher, go to sleep and...wake up at the final battle :?
The game begins when you die. :)

xeno

Novice
Oh so it's a dream?? LOL. I should have seen it coming...it's because it was different than the demo so I tough it was a bug or something. Thanks buddy.

Jora

Arcane
The game still likes to freeze every now and then. I hope it doesn't begin crashing back to desktop also.

Any character creation tips? I made a guardian with the Flame magic ability, a literary bard who understands both nature and missile weopons and a medical hermit who can fight with swords and use thaumaturgy.

xeno

Novice
Mine doesn't freeze but it crashed 2-3 times (the random encounter "dead body" has crashed my game twice).

What I'd like to know is if it's normal that when one of my 3 main guys dies, it says: "character name" is dead, everything is lost. And it brings me back to the Inn like in the introduction :?

Section8

Cipher
<s>So, apparently I'm missing something, because I can't actually download the file. There's no link, just a shiteload of ads.</s>

Okay, so the link was hidden under a fucking ad... but the download limit has been exceeded anyway. Anyone got a mirror? :P

Slylandro

Scholar
xeno said:
Mine doesn't freeze but it crashed 2-3 times (the random encounter "dead body" has crashed my game twice).

What I'd like to know is if it's normal that when one of my 3 main guys dies, it says: "character name" is dead, everything is lost. And it brings me back to the Inn like in the introduction :?

Pretty sure it's normal, because that happens to me too. Anyway, so far the game seems pretty cool. I like how the designer tried to develop a new setting instead of using typical fantasy hyperbole. Only thing I'm annoyed with is that the perspective is terrible. It's hard to select the correct tile. At least the camera is adjustable though.

Does this game have a mini-map of any sort?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Cool. Is that really a final free full version?

Damn...
Could someone upload it to www.TURBOUPLOAD.com, please?
You see, it allows downloading resuming, which is essential for guys like me who use dial-up and have disconnects all the time.

LCJr.

Erudite
It's living up to its name LOL. Pretty much all I'm seeing are stonewalls and darkness. No people, scenery, grass, etc. textures are showing.

obediah

Erudite
whoever voiced the intro did a good voice for the job - the pacing seemed unnatural, but it was one of the better voiceovers I've bothered to listen to. Did they get $1 bazillion an hr and 17% of all profits like all the other shit mongers get?

EDIT: did I mention how much I hate voice acting and what id does to the genre? If someone started an elite squad that tracked down everyone that got excited when they saw "full voice acting" as a feature, and butchered them. I'd quit my job right now, just so I could cash out my retirement and donate it to them. :)

LCJr.

Erudite
Rolled back to some older video drivers and got it working. Now to see if it's as good as I've heard.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Any character creation tips? I made a guardian with the Flame magic ability, a literary bard who understands both nature and missile weopons and a medical hermit who can fight with swords and use thaumaturgy.
Sounds good to me. The game can accomodate a lot of parties. My favorite party makeup is the smooth-talking merchant flanked by two tough guy bodyguards, one with high magic and bow skills and the other a melee mofo with high axe and armor.

galsiah

Erudite
obediah said:
whoever voiced the intro did a good voice for the job - the pacing seemed unnatural...
I thought it was mostly fine - the pacing that is. The one place it sounded odd was before:
"For who would rebel against peace and justice?"

I think it would be better with a longer pause (an extra second?), rather than running the two sentences together. That was the only point I was unhappy with though.

I'll comment on more important stuff when I get past my character creation neuroses and start playing :). It certainly looks promising.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Does this game have a mini-map of any sort?
Nope. Just the general map screen, which doesn't display your location within the area, just buildings. It's not that bad but then again I've memorized most of the areas anyway :)
Only thing I'm annoyed with is that the perspective is terrible. It's hard to select the correct tile. At least the camera is adjustable though.
That used to be a huge bitch for me before I started just adjusting camera angles for different situations. I use a Fallout-style perspective when walking around, but during combat I shift it around and zoom closer in depending on the character.

obediah

Erudite
galsiah said:
obediah said:
whoever voiced the intro did a good voice for the job - the pacing seemed unnatural...
I thought it was mostly fine - the pacing that is. The one place it sounded odd was before:
"For who would rebel against peace and justice?"

I think that's the part I noticed. Overall, I liked it. To put my comment in perspective the last nice thing I said about voice acting in a video game was "Is That Ron Perlman? Fucking-A!"

Sheriff05

Liturgist
How do you switch to the updated resolutions they added, I cant find a config file and it's not in the options?

obediah

Erudite
looks like a great deal for the price so far. I'd pay them $50 to update the camera controls to

mouse-wheel - scroll zoom

hold-right mouse and move mouse - pan camera

I'd pay the dia people $250 to do the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom