Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Have you ever nerd raged?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I used to get sad and even mildly upset when game developers that I really liked went out of business.

abstract

Scholar
People still believe that angry German kid video is not staged? It just boggles the mind :lol:

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
I sometimes get close to nerd rage when playing Championship/Football Managers. I think I slapped the monitor several times when playing 'em, not that hard though, 'cause I'd probably smash it to pieces and die in the process (used to have one of 'em hugeass monitors that weighed a ton). These games are good for practicing Zen. :cool:

I did nerd rage in a very Renegade fashion once, though, but it was due to system problems. My laptop's HDD decided to spontaneously implode, so I had the thing serviced and the disk replaced. Four days later, the very same thing happened...

:rage: - that's an actual picture of me from that joyous time.

They had to replace the motherboard 'cuz it'd fry any HDD they put into the thing. HP - making your Computer Personal again, my ass. At least I did not have to pay them for the servicing.

A user named cat

abstract said:
People still believe that angry German kid video is not staged? It just boggles the mind :lol:
That's what I was going to say too.

Angry German Kid, sometimes referred to as Leopold, is known for his insane tantrum during a game of Unreal Tournament. Initially believed to be real, The Angry German Kid became a poster child for anti-video game activists. It is now believed to be a staged parody of Germany's video game violence controversy. Supporting this theory, Leopold appears in other YouTube videos playing the character.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I mentioned in another thread that I broke an SNES controller playing Earthworm Jim. That was srs nerd rage.

But yeah, I try not to let things piss me off as much any more.

Pablosdog

Prophet
I only nerdrage at fighting games. Some online street fighter 3 matches made me rage endlessly

Yeesh

Magister
Again, I've broken a lot of keyboards. But having a terrible temper isn't intricately linked with being a nerd; it's just that videogames give you so many more opportunities to lose your shit than real life. AND there's no one around, so you don't rein yourself in the way you might in public.

Melcar

Arcane
When I was a snotty little brat probably. Some of those NES/SNES platformers could really be fucking frustrating. I also remember this one time when I lost my temper after I retardedly lost a match of KoF '96; I remember punching the guy.

Rarely ever, generally it's over technical shit and not gaming plus only when I'm drunk, I generally just pound my keyboard or punch the wall; it doesn't relieve the stress in fact it worsens it as you're then worried if you've broken your keyboard or are in physical pain.

Melcar

Arcane
Oh yeah, when some shit goes wrong with my PCs. After I build one and for some God fucking reason it doesn't boot properly. Another one is when I just recently bought an upgrade (most likely something that's overkill and don't really need) and soon after I install it something else breaks or stops working (usually something that I really need, like the monitor). I mean, what the fuck man. That's like totally frustrating and shit. Or when I was doing some sweet modifications to this one PC case, and after I finished drilling and cutting, I realized one of my measurements was off and now the radiator doesn't fit. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nah.

One time a friend of mine posted a "review" of a game, Mass Effect I think. The "review" was a photograph of his smashed to pieces game CD. Worth a thousand words.

no, that's idiotic. the only point of the rage is to prepare your body to utterly annihilate your enemy's, raging over the internet is a waste. most you can get from me here is "holy fuck, this asshole is retarded =_= humanity is doomed" and then /ignore. if you're unleashing your rage on your own property you're damaging yourself twice.

Cael

Arcane
Only time I ever threw something in rage was my mobile phone after a call from my manager over some shit his pet did that I now have to clean up or it will be my fault things went south in that project. There are some seriously fucked up people who somehow manage to suck their way to the top and then procede to take a dump on the whole company and turn it to a turd-in-tinsel assembly line.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Last time I know I nerd raged was at age 11 with some Megadrive/Genesis war simulator, I think it was M1 Abrams Battle Tank, a pretty frustrating game at times. Maybe it was LHX Attack Chopper.

Ocelot

Learned
Was watching some funny Youtube videos of geeks flipping out over Ventrillo and stuff, mostly WoW and CS players. What the fuck is with these people?

Most of these tantrums are for show. People who spend that much time playing games don't really give a fuck. Some of these guys make ad money by being outraged.

I used to get angry for losing at online games when I was a teenager but as time went by I stopped giving a shit even when ridiculous things happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom