Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Have you ever nerd raged?

A user named cat

Was watching some funny Youtube videos of geeks flipping out over Ventrillo and stuff, mostly WoW and CS players. What the fuck is with these people?

Most I can remember doing is throwing an NES controller as a little kid because Megaman was frustrating. Has anyone here done any funny flipping out they'd admit to? I recall some retard in Jedi Outcast telling me he threw his keyboard at the wall after I kicked his ass repeatedly. Classic.

TheCowburner

Educated
Actually no, I haven't. Besides throwing a NES controller around (but they could take that kind of beating and still work).

One of my friends however nerd raged all the time. One time I walked at a street outside of his house, when all of a sudden his window opened, and out came three keyboards flying.

Speaking of nerd rage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QxLpS3aIM

TheCowburner said:
Pliskin said:
TheCowburner said:

Every time I see that video, it occurs to me that kid must be over-doing it for the camera. Nobody is that much of a total smacktard. Are they?

If he is that much of a smacktard his mother must regret not having an abortion

Have you ever, EVER encountered a kid like that where his behaviour couldn't in some way be massively linked to his surroundings/parental behaviour?

His parents probably have verbal blowouts when something annoys them, and the kid picks up over time that that is effective behaviour.

TheCowburner said:
Actually no, I haven't. Besides throwing a NES controller around (but they could take that kind of beating and still work).

One of my friends however nerd raged all the time. One time I walked at a street outside of his house, when all of a sudden his window opened, and out came three keyboards flying.

Speaking of nerd rage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QxLpS3aIM

For some weird reason I'm actually less critical of keyboard/controller abuse than being a dick over the gamechat. I guess it's probably just that the former is far less annoying for everyone else, and that the gamer has to pick up the bill for new equipment (or explain the damage to his parents) once he/she calms down. It might also be because I was a McEnroe fan when watching tennnis asa young kid.

TheCowburner

Educated
Azrael the cat said:
TheCowburner said:
Pliskin said:
TheCowburner said:

Every time I see that video, it occurs to me that kid must be over-doing it for the camera. Nobody is that much of a total smacktard. Are they?

Have you ever, EVER encountered a kid like that where his behaviour couldn't in some way be massively linked to his surroundings/parental behaviour?

His parents probably have verbal blowouts when something annoys them, and the kid picks up over time that that is effective behaviour.

The thing is, I have never met a kid like him. His rage powers are off the scale, he is even worse than renegade Shepard.

bhlaab

Erudite
Yeah, when I was a kid. But that was for Nintendo games back when getting a game over meant losing hours and hours of progress...

Getting through the hellish Tree Top Town in Donkey Kong Country only to get game over on the next level and getting sent back to halfway through the previous world? I think as a 7 year old I was somewhat justified in pitching a shit.

Suchy

Arcane
I don't nerdrage. The only game I play online is Arma/Arma2. As it has rather mature player base (except some public servers), there's no need to rage.

Tycn

Savant
Never raged but encountered many hilarious instances in vent. Playing with SA goons in Guild Wars was a goldmine of rage, so much shit flung both ingame between us and the enemy teams and between each other in voice chat. It was awesome.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All the fucking time when I played MMORPG and multiplayer games. Not much in singleplayer, no. Its way more annoying when you lose because of teammates than when you lsoe beacuse of your own mistakes.

zool

Arcane
TheCowburner said:
Pliskin said:
TheCowburner said:

6j2041.jpg

:smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Every other Heroes of Newerth game causes me to rage.

DraQ

Arcane
LittleJoe said:
TheCowburner said:

That's the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

'Where's the escape button gone!'
More like 'tardrage. :smug:

Ok, I once broke (as in "top flew off") a joystick, and made a mouse burst into pieces when I was a kid, but I then promptly reassembled and repaired those as I didn't have any replacements plus I don't like mutilated machinery lying around (and the joystick was friend's so it would be kind of bad to not repair it, nvm the lulz). Besides UT not loading fast enough is not really a reason for going apeshit with frustration.

LOL @ escape button.

I do nerdrage continuously at things like DRM and gaming industry in general, though.

Luzur

Good Sir
ive once broken a Zinger joystick when playing a C64 game,but that was more accident then throwing it into a wall, i just slammed it down on the floor so hard i had the handle in my hand afterwards.

also a few NES controllers have been tossed around during the years but not like that german kid.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't know people actually rage about games until I went online. And I've been playing since Atari came out. People actually throw controllers? I get angry at people online and application software but not over games.

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
I've already confessed throwing the controller around playing Battletoads in the 16-bit consoles thread.

2005, my final university year. Me and a couple of mates had the run of a small university lab with 5 PCs. We run applied discrete elements models in fluid dynamics for our thesis all day, and played DOTA all night. Yes, I know that the opposite would make more sense, but playing at night meant we didn't annoy other students/professors in the premises when we nerd raged so hard, the few unfortunates that heard thought we had collective epilepsy attacks.

Good times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom