Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah kind of hypocritical that they are selling Postal games but not Hatred. Something isn't right there. I'm guessing there is a similar situation going on with GOG as what went on with Steam. Some dumb exec at Steam decided not to sell it until Gabe heard about it.
Postal has humor and ridiculousness and this is supposedly grim dark, uber serious shit. After watching the trailers it's starting to look like a parody to me, something out of an 80's b movie.
Another person confusing Postal 1 with Postal 2.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't give much of a shit about the game, but I am kind of shocked that GOG is refusing to sell it.:O I thought they were 'bros'.:S

I get the impression CDPR is trying to go more mainstream and is trying to avoid offending their "partners".

lightbane

Arcane
Grand Theft Auto writer criticises new ‘genocide crusade’ game Hatred
Brian Baglow wrote the script for the very first GTA game.Scottish Parliament

The man who helped kickstart the Grand Theft Auto (GTA) franchise has said games that rely on violence and sex to sell have no longevity. [...]
“Minecraft and GTA are about freedom, allowing people to be creative and just play.”
[...]
He said: “There is still a perception that games are toys and therefore all games are suitable for kids.

“If an 11-year-old wants to play Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty and you’re happy with that, you should perhaps get them a half bottle of vodka and a packet of fags while you’re at it?”

Hmm...

:hmmm:
What were you saying about violence, Brian? It doesn't help that many Rockstar games are filled to the brim with complete psychopaths who can and would murder their mothers if it suits them. And you tend to work with said guys.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Don't give much of a shit about the game, but I am kind of shocked that GOG is refusing to sell it.:O I thought they were 'bros'.:S

I get the impression CDPR is trying to go more mainstream and is trying to avoid offending their "partners".
CD Projekt are indeed leading the new decline, yeah. As if that wasn't obvious if you've played The Witcher 3.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Every Ultima has some twisted way of making you kill children and Garriott enjoyed making people butthurt through that immensely. I love how archfaggot is rationalizing his librulism so much it's probably a record of some kind.
No, I am just drawing a line when games are serious about their brutal gameplay vs civilians. GTA 5 and Hatred are only two games I seen that are dead serious about this.
People said Postal 1 and Syndicate (not Wars) were like that but I played neither so I don't know.

I didn't enjoy that level in CoD(or whatever the game, I quit playing FPS for years now) where you gun down an airport full of civilians.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Forget SJWs, I'm going to buy this game just to trigger ArchAngel :martini:
You can buy anything you want as far as I care. I am just happy GoG is not selling it and sad that Steam is. They could always just sell it through their web site, that worked well for minecraft.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you're not interested in playing that game why do you care who sells it and who doesn't?
Because sometimes it is needed to protect people from their own stupidity. Or in this case, limit the access.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If you're not interested in playing that game why do you care who sells it and who doesn't?
Because sometimes it is needed to protect people from their own stupidity. Or in this case, limit the access.
Yet people still go and watch the latest Adam Sandler flick en masse.
You can't just put a limit on everything you think is stupid. As much as I think shit like Thiaf, AC:AH and Gothic 4 shouldn't be bought by anyone, I'm not going to tell stores to not offer that game for sale. People vote with their wallets in this world. If it's profitable, more if it gets made. This goes for things you like and things you don't like.
But I don't like some person or organization trying to sabotage or prohibit the sale of a particular product because they didn't like it. This has a negative impact on creativity, as some subjects would be considered taboo by whatever "cultural administration" thinks is right and wrong.
Why shouldn't we be able to touch on subjects that make people uncomfortable? Why shouldn't we be able to play as a homicidal psychopath? Why would you want to limit access on a game, on reasons based purely on your own morality, values and standards?

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can buy anything you want as far as I care.

"I-I don't care who plays this stupid game, I'm chill...someone needs to limit access to this game!"
...what the fuck? :P
What is confusing you? Do I need to explain it to you like you are a 4 year old kid?
My statements are not mutually exclusive. I guess they don't teach logic in your school.

Raapys

Arcane
That goes both ways though. Next time it'll be something you want that's being banned to protect people from their own stupidity. That's the problem with cencorship; eventually it comes back to bite you in the ass, because you're not the one who decides what gets censored and what doesn't.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
You can buy anything you want as far as I care.

"I-I don't care who plays this stupid game, I'm chill...someone needs to limit access to this game!"
...what the fuck? :P
What is confusing you? Do I need to explain it to you like you are a 4 year old kid?
My statements are not mutually exclusive. I guess they don't teach logic in your school.
possibly_retarded.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, let's have some fun. Explain it like you would to a 4 year old retarded kid.
I didn't mention any retarded children :P

That goes both ways though. Next time it'll be something you want that's being banned to protect people from their own stupidity. That's the problem with cencorship; eventually it comes back to bite you in the ass, because you're not the one who decides what gets censored and what doesn't.
Maybe it does and maybe it does not. So far I didn't run into many cases of retarded censorship.
And before you mention it, political correctness is not censorship because people use free will to turn things into politically correct versions.
That would mean something if it wasn't payed for by a retard from this same topic.
It just means some retards should not have free use of their money and need someone with a brain to manage it for them.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am having fun talking to people here, learning your little ways and funny expectations of the world to conform to your super niche views.

It is like walking through a Zoo and watching so many caged animals thinking they own their little cage, acting all boss like not understanding their real role in the big world outside. So much fun. Keep going guys.

Even this little tag is a gift from one such animal that is left at the exit game of this Zoo.

Last edited:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Maybe it does and maybe it does not. So far I didn't run into many cases of retarded censorship.
Have you looked at Australia and Germany, per chance?

And before you mention it, political correctness is not censorship because people use free will to turn things into politically correct versions.
Political correctness is not censorship, but censorship is in most cases political correctness.
The definition for censorship goes as follows: "To "censor" is to review something and to choose to remove or hide parts of it that are considered unacceptable."
In the case of videogames, this usually includes nudity or swastikas. The developers can choose to censor it into a politically correct version so they can sell their game in Germany, but otherwise you can't sell your game there. Just because you have the option of censoring it in order to allow your game to be sold in certain countries, doesn't mean its not censorship.

It just means some retards should not have free use of their money and need someone with a brain to manage it for them.
With "some retards" in this case being "people who want to buy Hatred". Or in other words: "people who want to buy games I don't like". And who do you suppose should "manage" their money?:keepmyjewgold:

I am having fun talking to people here, learning your little ways and funny expectations of the world to conform to your super niche views.
Allowing game developers to put sensitive subject material in their game, and expecting them to have the same creative freedom as literature, art and cinema do, is a super niche view?

It is like walking through a Zoo and watching so many caged animals thinking they own their little cage, acting all boss like not understanding their real role in the big world outside. So much fun. Keep going guys.

Even this little tag is a gift from one such animal that is left at the exit game of this Zoo.
Did you accidentally click the wrong tab? I think you meant to post this in r/christianity, not in The Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom