Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

Cassidy

Arcane
The point of Hatred will depend on how far the developers will go with giving the finger to political correctness and whether the gameplay attached to it will be fun or not. If it ends with the same modding potential of the Source engine, just imagine what kind of user-made content could shine and deliver much drama, mods like:

Remove Kebab 1: Serbia Strong
Remove Kebab 2: Kosovo is Serbian
Armenian Revenge
Je suis Charles Martel
Cowboy vs. Injuns
The Lone Mongol Slayer
Stalingrad 1944: Last survivor of the SS.
Awor vs. the Suitists
WCDS Last Stand
The Last Neanderthal
Final Solution to the Ethics in Games Journalism Question

tl;dr I'm futilely hoping Hatred will become The Birth of a Nation of games.

:M

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
As I understand it, they are going to introduce mod tools, but you will have to subscribe to the Unreal Engine 4 development kit to be able to access any devkit tools.

hqdefault.jpg

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The point of Hatred will depend on how far the developers will go with giving the finger to political correctness and whether the gameplay attached to it will be fun or not. If it ends with the same modding potential of the Source engine, just imagine what kind of user-made content could shine and deliver much drama, mods like:

Remove Kebab 1: Serbia Strong
Remove Kebab 2: Kosovo is Serbian
Armenian Revenge
Je suis Charles Martel
Cowboy vs. Injuns
The Lone Mongol Slayer
Awor vs. the Suitists
WCDS Last Stand
The Last Neanderthal
Final Solution to the Ethics in Games Journalism Question

tl;dr I'm futilely hoping Hatred will become The Birth of a Nation of games.

:M

Personally, I want to see "Ku Klux Klansman: Harlem Rampage" and "Black Panther: Bustin caps in Whitopia".

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The whole point of this thread is to make funny jokes on mass murderers and epic puns, spouting the same shit over and over. Never change rpgcodex, never change.

Caring about those fuckers in the vault. Everytime I play a Fallout game, I play the asocial type, I almost kill everybody (unless I have something better to get out of them by leaving them alive). One of the most satisfying thing to do from the beginning is to grab the sledgehammer in Shady Sands and rekt some people. I usually go for a melee weapon based build but I should try one day the unarmed though I did one in Fallout 3 and in NV.

Hmmm.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The whole point of this thread is to make funny jokes on mass murderers and epic puns, spouting the same shit over and over. Never change rpgcodex, never change.

Caring about those fuckers in the vault. Everytime I play a Fallout game, I play the asocial type, I almost kill everybody (unless I have something better to get out of them by leaving them alive). One of the most satisfying thing to do from the beginning is to grab the sledgehammer in Shady Sands and rekt some people. I usually go for a melee weapon based build but I should try one day the unarmed though I did one in Fallout 3 and in NV.

Hmmm.

Psycho killers in a dystopian/futurist/apocalyptic universe are different from the mass murderers who blame actual society and go shooting shit because others are worms.
Elaborate.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Hmmm.

Psycho killers in a dystopian/futurist/apocalyptic universe are different from the mass murderers who blame actual society and go shooting shit because others are worms.
:hmmm:

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual

Hmmm.

Elaborate.

No problem.

I think that the 'evil' characters existing in those apocalyptic scenario are not the result of pressure from the community or the society since it no longer exists as we know it today. They are simply individuals driven by primal instincts, they let their true nature showing since there is no longer good and bad. They are the masters of their actions and don't feel judged.

The mass murdurers that we know act so because they feel they HAVE to. They are angry, pissed off. They don't do it for pleasure but because they lack attention or suffered a trauma. Usually from their environment.

This is my opion on the matter.
Ah, so you're a moralfag.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
No problem.

I think that the 'evil' characters existing in those apocalyptic scenario are not the result of pressure from the community or the society since it no longer exists as we know it today. They are simply individuals driven by primal instincts, they let their true nature showing since there is no longer good and bad. They are the masters of their actions and don't feel judged.

The mass murdurers that we know act so because they feel they HAVE to. They are angry, pissed off. They don't do it for pleasure but because they lack attention or suffered a trauma. Usually from their environment.

This is my opion on the matter.
There were serial killers who murdered and/or tortured people for pleasure or because of some fucked up urge to hurt people. I wonder if there were any "spree shooters" whose motivation was "fun" instead of some kind of desire to punish people or being angry at "society".

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
whose motivation was "fun" instead of some kind of desire to punish people or being angry at "society".

Ah, so you're a moralfag.

And you actually think that you are not going to be judged from a moral point of view if you act like this in our society ? No matter the convictions or the motives, the majority will always point out the moral side of things.
If you can't discern reality from fiction you are the one who can't function in society Mr. Alt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom