Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HATRED, aka Awor Surkrarz Simulator 2015

Unwanted

Puke Face

Unwanted
Polygon character assasination piece on the developers -
Hatred, free speech and one developer's connections with Poland's far right
: https://archive.today/dVPYk
Same old commie bullshit. Someone tell him that the "enemy of the people" shenanigans only works in dictatorships where people aren't free to think for themselves. So what if one of the devs liked an anti islamist group on facebook? I'm pretty sure most indie hipster devs have liked far more hateful shit than that, yet we never hear of it because they are lefties and when you're on their side you are allowed to be as terrible a person as you like. Propaganda is always fine when they do it but god forbid the opposition does it.

The most ridiculous part is how they always appear as extremist maniacs while I've never seen a politically active right-winger who wasn't well-spoken and well-mannered, with the exception of Americans. How can these morons talk about fighting hatred with a straight face when it's obvious to anyone looking that they are the only hateful people around? I think I can see the froth foaming at his mouth as he tries to connect the pole dev to fucking Hitler, which he would then use to justify censorship.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
vujqMgG.jpg

himZD0M.gif

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
-Make censored version
-Get accepted on Steam
-Release a file on the game website and/or torrent sites that uncensors the game
-???
-PROFIT!

How would you censor a game that is about shooting random people on the street, though?
Replace the weapons with a water gun, change the death animations so people don't explode/bleed and instead fall unconscious, make up some silly explanation as to why people
fall unconscious when you hit them with the water, etc.
Sure, it would be derp, but it's only to bypass the censorship.

It should be a real mode called 'SJW Mode' accessible in the main menu. If I were filthy rich, I would pay the developers to implement it.

Project: Eternity
Ah, yes "Never Again". They've given a title of anti-fascist of the year to Simon Mol, their African friend. A few years, later people found out that he spread HIV to Polish women on purpose. It's clearly a respectful organization full of rational people.
Did he tell hem that he's spreading HIV and on purpose? Otherwise what would be the logic of this statement?
It shows what kind of people they want to come to Poland to make it multicultural.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Ah, yes "Never Again". They've given a title of anti-fascist of the year to Simon Mol, their African friend. A few years, later people found out that he spread HIV to Polish women on purpose. It's clearly a respectful organization full of rational people.
Did he tell hem that he's spreading HIV and on purpose? Otherwise what would be the logic of this statement?

-Liking ONR - the Never Again tard defeats his own argument. He says that they are not Nazi, but they are right-wing and militaristic, so they should be considered Nazi. Again, pure garbage.
Why do I suspect that it's pure semantics? Something like durr hurr they aren't Nazis because Nazis were against Slavs and they are pro-Slavs?

They don't mention Simon Mol in the interview for obvious reasons. I've written about him so that Codexers who don't live in Poland could know what kind of a shitheads people from Never Again are. You are spot-on about the ONR though.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
-Make censored version
-Get accepted on Steam
-Release a file on the game website and/or torrent sites that uncensors the game
-???
-PROFIT!

How would you censor a game that is about shooting random people on the street, though?
Replace the weapons with a water gun, change the death animations so people don't explode/bleed and instead fall unconscious, make up some silly explanation as to why people
fall unconscious when you hit them with the water, etc.
Sure, it would be derp, but it's only to bypass the censorship.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
You can't even kill children? Fallout 1/2 let you and they're on Steam RIGHT NOW!

And innocent? Children are PROVEN to be incapable of empathy.
The devs are l1ebertarians. They may be incapable of understanding that difference between little monsters and adults.

Eh... Sometimes I wish I didn't have an Internet PTSD and I could patiently and eloquently explain why game censorship isn't okay instead of immediately getting a desire to slaughter the enemy :| .

I particularly like his point that the are no "lines" to cross. That's something I feel as well. And that people who believe in game censorship have no place in game journalism.

I doubt I'd be able to relax with Hatred. I prefer more systematic slaughter of civilians than getting into challenging shoot-outs with police and stuff.
Generally, challenge ruins the relaxing aspect of games for me.

If there are enemies, I like when they are weaker or something:
https://archive.org/details/DigitalSlaughter-Syndicate_14

I liked how he talked about injustice, people harming people, etc. and how it causes anger. Somehow I suspect that most of the people who are against Hatred are pampered middle class white dudes who have everything served on the plate including ability to work hard in area where someone is actually willing to pay for hard work.

They don't mention Simon Mol in the interview for obvious reasons. I've written about him so that Codexers who don't live in Poland could know what kind of a shitheads people from Never Again are.
How does associating with Simon Mol, BEFORE they knew his hobby is infecting women with AIDS makes them "shitheads"?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It shows that they hang out around dangerous lunatics.
There were plenty of people who hanged out with him. Many of them became his victims. After all he presented himself as a poet, not as an AIDS murderer.

By the way did he admit to intentionally spreading AIDS (possibly as a hate crime against Poles) or did he just didn't give a fuck about consequences of his sleeping around?

made

Arcane
It shows what kind of people they want to come to Poland to make it multicultural.
The women brought it on themselves. For the Lord doth say:

And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Amen

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
The women brought it on themselves. For the Lord doth say:

And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Amen
Do you happen to wear mixed-fabric clothing from time to time?

deuxhero

Arcane
If you need a baseline, a quick Google says salt to water in the Bay varies between 0 and 35 parts per thousand (ocean is 34/35)

sser

Arcane
Developer
Streisand effect.

Those developers could not have wished for a better outcome.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom