Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Hatoful Boyfriend: I want to be a Pigeon!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah. Did you know Emi and Rin's birthday is side by side, 13th and 14th Mar-..oh Gawd make it stop.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
In this update, we learn about one of the most celebrated intellectuals of the pigeon world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.”
- Phillip K. Dick

000.jpg

Aah, much better!

RK47.jpg
: …it's nice that the AC is on, but do we really need it? Nobirdie's in here today.
unk.jpg
: It's not on.

001.jpg

nageki.jpg
: It's you, miss RK47.

Woah! He called me by my name.

nageki.jpg
: They don't turn the air conditioning on until June. It just feels cold compared to outside.
RK47.jpg
: Oh, is that it?

It would be a little strange to start spending money to cool a barely-used library in May.

RK47.jpg
: Anyway, aren't you going to participate in the festival, Nageki?
nageki.jpg
: Aren't you?
RK47.jpg
: Eep!
nageki.jpg
: I don't like it outside. So I stay in her. That's all.
RK47.jpg
: Hmm... I see.
nageki.jpg
: ...... why are you sitting next to me?
RK47.jpg
: Do you mind?
nageki.jpg
: ...... not really.
RK47.jpg
: U-um, listen, our class president got duped into being a cheerleader, and...
nageki.jpg
: ...
RK47.jpg
: S-sorry...
nageki.jpg
: ...... No. Keep going.

And so I spent the day telling him about the festival and whatnot while he read. I don't know how much he was listening to me, but he didn't seem to mind... I think?

002.jpg

We're getting them back today... Aaaaah, I don't think I did too well.

Kazuaki.jpg
: RK47!
RK47.jpg
: Yes!
Kazuaki.jpg
: You worked hard. Keep going like that and you'll do just fine. One day, you could surpass me. I'd love to see that!

ED: Yes, you might be able to intellectually surpass a bird with a brain less than half the size of a human testicle. The mind boggles at such high achievement.

… I guess I did pretty well, after all! And Mr. Nanaki seems happy with me too. Yay!

With the festival and the midterm over, there's nothing to look forward to but summer heat. Doves smell kind of funny when it gets humid like this... Huh? There's a bunch of birds in front of the staffroom. What are they doing? Oh! There's Yuuya.

RK47.jpg
: Yuuya! What's going on?
yuuya.jpg
: Salutations, RK47! Brian won his seventh Pulitzer!

He gestures at a news clipping on the staffroom pinboard. It says “Brian, the first Intelligent Pigeon, Crowned Again”.

RK47.jpg
: Brian..?
yuuya.jpg
: Don't tell me you don't know who he is!?
RK47.jpg
: I think I've heard the name, but...
003.jpg

ED: Not only do birds go to school, but you can win 7 Pulitzers for blogging. This is a dark future indeed.

yuuya.jpg
: He's a very skilled and insightful writer. He was the one who suggested that the dove olympics be called the 'Pigeolympics'. He's extremely influential – the name was adopted right away. Why don't you look him up right now, mon amie? Try Googling 'Brian Pigeon'.

ED: The blog is real: http://pigeonblog.wordpress.com. :eek: Entries from all the way back in 2005.

RK47.jpg
: Okay!
yuuya.jpg
: Okay! ….uh oh, lunch is nearly over. Adieu, RK47!

004.jpg

I wonder what I should do during break...

005.jpg

Store, Infirmary, or Cafeteria? The choice is yours. Also, more fan art:
tTJTX.png

RK47

Patron
store. let's buy some skillet, bag of spices...scramble some eggs.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Upon looking a tiny bit ahead in each choice, store means Yuuya, infirmary means Doctor, and Cafeteria means the pudding bird.

RK47

Patron
THESE NAMES...THEY MEAN NOTHING TO ME.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Note to all: From looking ahead a bit for each choice, the next update will be where it starts to get very weird. Also, suggestions of what classes I should take next time (math, music, or gym) would be appreciated, so I don't need to stop updates there.

In before abandon at 3rd page.

As you can see, you have gravely underestimated my resolve to bring the finest in interspecies romance RPGs (It has character creation, stats, and dialogue trees, making it as much of an RPG as the best BiowarEA has to ofer) to the Codex. I will complete at least one route. Perhaps more, if I skip repeated dialogue by linking back to the old pages, provided my mind can handle more.

Store-Shopping! Lets check out what the sales clerk looks like!

You will not see a sexy feathered shop assistant at the store. You will just see Yuuya. Is the store still your choice?

THESE NAMES...THEY MEAN NOTHING TO ME.

I can remember them, if only because I've been reading every line of this game and typing it down, since I couldn't find a way to extract the script files as plaintext. You have no idea what that is doing to my mind. Or maybe you do, if you did the same with KS.

Anyway:
Yuuya = 'Mon Amie' guy, the one who tries to act all suave. Assistant at infirmary, brother of Sakuya. He's at the store.
Shuu = Fat Doctor. Pretty creepy so far, Sugar Plum Fairy theme music, says that curiosity killed the cat, among other things. He's at the infirmary.
San = Pudding bird. Track team. Talks about lining up traitors and shooting them in the street. He's at the cafeteria.

The others not related to this choice:
Sakuya = Arrogant noblebird. Doesn't like insults to great classical musicians. Doesn't like his brother. D-d-doesn't like you or anything, if he follows the most likely cliche.
Kazuaki = Narcoleptic teacher. Seems pretty straightforward so far, but I'm sure he's fucked up somehow.
Nageki = Library bird. Likes reading. Likes you sitting next to him and talking at him as he reads. Doesn't like going outside.
Ryouta = Your bro, friends since he hatched. Annoyingly keen in school, criticizes your hunter-gatherer food. Good cook, and apparently crossdresses, according to Codexers who have played the game further.

Holy shit, I actually wrote an explanation of which bird character was which. Thank god I'm fairly busy, so I won't be able to update until later in the day. That should give me time to recover a little of my sanity.

RK47

Patron
I did copy all the dialogues manually. As it had been the case for all my LPs.
..I know your suffering bro. <3
Go store. This 'yuuya' seems the least harmful among the three.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Guys! Guys!

Infermery!

Infermery whenever possible!

Trust me, it'll be majestic! The doctor is right up the codex'es alley.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Infirmary, just overdose at the first opportunity and end this horror. Ph'nglui pidgeon f'tang
You don't even know what you down't know. There are 13 different endings. and some of them are truly mindfuck'd. It won't end just because it ends.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
In this very quick mini-update, somebirdie will make a very important choice. That somebirdie is our heroine RK47.

000.jpg

RK47.jpg
: Umm, not exactly...
shuu.jpg
: Then why are you here?
001.jpg

How far into the abyss do we wish to dive?

Johannes

Arcane
Btw, why is it named "Hatoful"? Really disgusting word, really.

But I guess I answered my own question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom