Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Has-Been Heroes, a roguelike strategy action game from Frozenbyte

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, Frozenbyte have (maybe) one last chance - an unannounced GameStop published game.

Possibly this thing:
ZBOTGYO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trine was their peak and what made it good was the music and art more so than the gameplay. Frozenbytes has never been anything special.

deuxhero

Arcane
Laughing at the oversized rails and how despite all the smooth non-functioning surfaces it's not a quad rail.

Does the artist not know what those are actually for (or how there's serious talk about replacing/augmenting them with one of two concepts that actually reduces how much space it takes up) and just thought they looked cool the same way Chinese smiths put bayonet lugs on a pistol? Seems to lack any optics unless that thing is a literal holographic site.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Never finished Trine 2 as I got bored around 70% through the game. Didn't really do much more than Trine except look prettier and sound better (music). Ari Pu-whatshisname who did the music carried Frozenbytes from a C-list indie dev to the A-list. Problem is they haven't been able to produce gameplay that's on par with that guy's music. Apparently they're working on a new game now, hopefully it's decent.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Sounds like a semi open event. I could drop by and see if I can spy anything interesting.

Edit: Actually, it seems you can only go to their office if you get selected by them. Oh well.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Considering their latest game is a straight up rip off of Magicka I don't hold out much hope.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The Shadowgrounds games are solid. Slightly dated and quaint but solid.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd say Shadowgrounds was pretty good as a top down shooter. I had more fun with it than Trine personally. Better than those Alien Breed remakes in my opinion.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
90% of the appeal of Trine is in the art and music. The gameplay itself is fairly meh.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So, this is the GameStop funded game:

Embark on an epic journey with the Has-Been Heroes, a group of legendary champions once celebrated throughout the kingdom for their heroic deeds - they have killed rats, rescued a prince, fought wars, slain a dragon... The kingdom prospered and peace prevailed. Legends grew old, and stories faded. The heroes weren't needed.

But then, after years of peace, the King has one more quest, a quest so important he can only trust to his epic band of heroes, the toughest and bravest in all the kingdom. A quest of epic proportions...

TO TAKE THE TWIN PRINCESSES TO SCHOOL!

Key features:

* Meet the epic band of heroes as the young and eager Rogue, joining the company of the tall-telling Bard, the Anthropologist turned Mexican Wrestler, a gentle Robot with a fascinatingly chirpy personality, the diamond-seeking Dwarf, the ever-vigilant and paranoid Sheikh, and many more... Watch out!

* Unlock and collect hundreds of game-changing items and spells, boosting the heroes' powers and making each run unique!

* Combine spells such as the fiery Burning Blade and poison-infecting Baleful Breeze for devastating effects, learning the power of magic as you gain more elements.

* Face countless monsters from smelly-breath skeletons to zombies and evil spirits, each bigger and more menacing than the next. Can you wipe out the army of evil led by the Great Ghoul?

* In roguelike fashion, death is permanent - but you will get another chance! Choose your heroes and tactics wisely, and prepare for battle!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom