Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Harebrained Schemes' next games are Soulslike dungeon delve Necropolis and a new Shadowrun campaign

Castanova

Prophet
I was disappointed by SR:R and I got the damn thing for free. I certainly can't get excited about the same people trying to make a "Souls-like" game... with cartoon graphics.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The Dragonfall campaign is a great improvement, but it is still fairly linear, short, and RPG-lite.

Athelas

Arcane
third person perspective action RPG combat..
IE, shit.

Let me introduce you to the RPG Codex Gothic and Dark Souls fandoms
Honorable exceptions, nothing more.
Real men games use either top-down/isometric or first-person perspectives, the rest is nazi faggotry...
They're not exceptions considering there is a rich library of 3rd person melee action games. Now first person melee that's actually good, that would be an exception.

Drax

Arcane
No! Stop harassing me! Pigs!
Joking aside, I truly despise the traditional "third-person action whatever" perspective, I can never see shit, the angles are always wrong, it sucks.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Right.
It's almost like Gothic and Dark Souls were first person games, but done wrong.

:troll:

Also, awesome news for Shadowrun. Don't care about that Diablo crap.

Morkar Left

There's a new Shadowrun Campaign mentioned? Awesome!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey Drax! I think I've inadvertently summoned your friend there. Please get a room.

Also, leave my Gothic alone, m'kay?

This thread is about that shitty Double Finey Diablo Souls clone new Shadowrun campaign.

TheFilthyJack

Educated
Wizfall said:
Only thing i read was : a new Shadowrun campaign
Was there anything else to read? Sorry I stopped at '3rd person' and 'Action'.

I always thought I'd be reminiscing about the good old tabletop-like rpgs for the rest of my life, but now I look at my 2015 playlist which contains Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity and a freakin 3rd Shadowrun campaign... Some are made by the same people who got me intrested in RPGs in the first place, and suddenly all the hatred towards bioware's crap and witcher's heresy has disappeared because I don't give a fuck anymore, 2015 will be great.

*As a new Codexian member I still retain the right to be bitching about any aspect of the hereby mentionned games once I fully enjoyed playing them.

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Harebrained has done right by me. The mechanics are simple and C&C is borderline nonexistent, but this scratches my nwn mod itch (though nothing grabs me from the community in this case). There is something nice about not commiting to 90 hours of gaming to get a resolution to a story, and I like the opportunity to explore more than one locale in the setting. Multiple short and focused stories sits nicely as an alternative that is also valid IMO.

Fuck the action RPG though.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I am pretty okay with people going after Souls money ( I love all of them). We are leaving in dark times and Souls games while not perfect, are at least a light in this abyss. And its not like they are new, we had Rune we had Severance, Gothic. I wish we had many more, and maybe now they shall come. But not like lords of the fallen please.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was too tired last night to notice this ( :blush: ) but that Job Opening says the project has to be greenlit. That it's still up there after the announcement of Necropolis is good news, but I guess it's not a 100% sure thing yet.
:x

OK, now it's confirmed: http://harebrained-schemes.com/about/job-openings/

Content Designer
Harebrained Schemes seeks a content designer to work onsite in their Kirkland, WA studio and contribute to the next Shadowrun Returns campaign. This designer will be responsible for the concept, level layout, setup and tuning of single player CRPG levels, down to object placement and scripting using Harebrained Schemes’ proprietary editor while collaborating with the Creative Director, design & writing team.

This freelance contract will begin immediately and run through the end of July, 2014 with the potential for work in the future. Candidates must deliver a short audition piece using the Shadowrun Editor to be considered for this position.

Qualifications
  • 1-3 years professional level or content design experience in the game industry
  • At least one shipped digital game title
Requirements
  • Knowledge of RPG mission structures, turn-based tactical combat design
  • Understanding of RPG dialog design – dialog trees, variables, best practices
  • Technically proficient – able to quickly master in-house tools for creation of levels
  • Competency with WHEN -> IF -> THEN “trigger-logic” to determine game events
  • Strong creative collaboration and communication skills
  • High-energy, self-motivated, and flexible
Bonuses
  • Experience with the Shadowrun Returns Editor or with the Aurora Game Editor
  • Working knowledge of the Shadowrun game setting a big plus
  • Prior experience writing in the style and tone of the Shadowrun world
  • Has played Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut
Want To Apply?
Please email jobs@hbs-studios.com to apply. Include a resume as well as anything else relevant that you’d like us to know about you.

Qualified candidates only, please.

(Obviously the real date must be July 2015)

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
My dream ARPG would have a mix of Blade of Darkness combat, Roguelike dungeon Diablo design and Souls chactarte devlopment and atmosphere so yeah sold

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom