Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Halo Wars 2 by Creative Assembly

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Halo Wars 2 is an exciting new strategy game packed with fast-paced action, massive battles, and an all-new Halo story, coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 in fall of 2016.

Well, I'm surprised.

I've never played the first game (which was developed by Ensemble), but a sci-fi strategy by CA could be something...maybe.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Well that's surprising. I wouldn't think Halo had enough gas left in the tank to pump out a niche project like RTS Sequel.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

tumblr_m2cix7ZQp91qhk9sb.gif

A horse of course

CA traditionally had two main teams - the ausfag one and the bongistani one. SEGA pumped a lot of talent into studios under the same name a few years ago because they have so few "flagship" developers. It's basically what EA did with Bioware a few years back (with the new C&C etc.) before realizing how stupid it was.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
The Aussi studio has been shuttered a year or two ago. Sega since then has only fully invested into it's UK studio. They have two TW teams (Warhammer and Historical stuff) and the Alien Isolation team. It breaks my heart that they might not be working on A:I 2.

Deleted member 7219

No Alien: Isolation 2?

Fuck them so much for ending it on a cliffhanger. Wankers.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/halo-wars-2-will-not-be-total-war-halo/0153979

While the studio’s PC team is focused on Total War: Warhammer, the development of Halo Wars 2 falls to a significant portion of the team behind last year’s sci-fi smash hit Alien: Isolation.

“We’ve crafted the Halo Wars team, but primarily we are able to use the Alien: Isolation developers,” said Heaton. “They’re our console-ready team. It’s the perfect combination: we have great strategy knowledge, great PC knowledge and now great console knowledge because of Alien.”

What a waste of talent.

When they talked about developing a sequel to a "beloved franchise", all the aoe players got their hopes up :( Way to troll Microsoft.

Also they are somehow gonna enable console peasants to play vs PC users. Either the entire thing is gonna be popamolified or all the console peasants are gonna get rekt.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Halo Wars?...you mean that shitty game where all you had to do to win was be the science bitch, get the Gunner upgrade for Warthogs and spam them to the point the enemy would be overwhelmed? That game was shit for imbalanced reasons and poor unit composition, mostly because consoles can never get that intense micro and controls like PC can.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Can't wait. Most RTS games coming out nowadays are garage-tier shovelware, it's good to see a big budget attempt.

And you think Halo Wars 2 is going to be different? I recall Halo Wars being utter shit and a joke in terms of RTS because of how idiotic bonuses were placed, and having a leader that halved your upgrade time and price was just beyond fucking stupid.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Console trash or not, I'd still give Halo Wars 1 the benefit of doubt if it ever shows up on Steam. But only because it was developed by my all-time favorite RTS studio Ensemble.

And fuck you Don Mattrick for shutting down Ensemble!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom