Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Halfway - turn-based tactical sci-fi pixel art alien shooter

Kem0sabe

Arcane
bannerTry004.gif

male2Runx2Diag.gif

character_actions1.gif

smallLoop006.gif

halfway_010a01.png

halfway_010a02.png

The art style is a big turn on for me, i'm such a graphics man-whore.

Johannes

Arcane
He looks like he's playing like a retard, just running forward and recklessly shooting everywhere, yet still succeeding, not sure if it'll be too simplistic to entertain.

Renegen

Arcane
Until a tactical combat game surpasses X-Com or Jagged Alliance, I'm not playing them.

Borelli

Arcane
Game is in alpha? So i guess you could say it is ...

halfway there :yeah:

sorry i had to do it.

So any research/base building/soldier equipping/ufopedia elements or is this just tactical shooting the bad guys? After Shadowrun I am much more sceptic.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So any research/base building/soldier equipping/ufopedia elements or is this just tactical shooting the bad guys? After Shadowrun I am much more sceptic.

It's not a strategy game. Just level after level of tactical combat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

knightley

Educated
Really like the graphics but all the negativities from you guys ruined it for me, so :decline:

Behelit

Augur
Mod support, turn based, lines of sight, music accentuating the setting and has incredible graphics. Although it appears simplistic. Even though you can reload, I doubt there would be ammo for instance, except for power weapons and grenades. But that's' okay, I'd much rather have a game of modest scope with competently executed flawlessly than a convoluted mess.

Complexity =! Good game

Last edited:

knightley

Educated
Silent Storm is a great game, even though the ww2 theme, mech unit and visual style sucked for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom