Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guys please recommend me a good hardcore survival game

Emily

Arcane
And i would very much like something like Dead State, or Fort Zombie.
I searched for ever, but couldn't find any good survival games. I would prefer a zombie one ( but please just realistic one's where you must conserve ammo food, water etc) but any will do.
Also i would like it to be 3d and with decent gameplay if possible.
So anyone up for helping a bro/fool/shit poster/quality poster out? XD

laclongquan

Arcane
Unreal World, chap. You are roleplaying a Finn caveman in the ice age Scandinavia. Handmaking stone tools? Hunt for survival? Cannibal if that is your taste? Make your first log cabin ever? Perma death?

Emily

Arcane
I played it, but it isnt finished, also looks very amaterish, that pretty much puted me off , very clunky interface, and slowish transition to skils etc. But will give it another go when they finish it, if ever.
I very much liked the music though.

spectre

Arcane
If you can't live without purdy 3d graffix you can try STALKERs with some realism mods attached. I'd say that the best bet.

I also remember one game called Jurassic Park: Trespasser had pretty nice graphics and physics engine for its time,
but I never gotten round to playing it myself back then (iirc it was the crysis of 1998 and I had a measly Pentium 100) so can't say if it's actually focused on surival that much.

If you want zombies, Rogue survivor is probably your best bet
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-ironman-rogue-survivor.70689/

If you can live without zombies, Robinson's Requiem is a classic.
Also, this thread for additional stuff:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/survival-games-like-robinsons-requiem.37133/http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/survival-games-like-robinsons-requiem.37133/

laclongquan

Arcane
How long do you survive in game? That's measure of your skills:

Start at non-spring and survive for a season? Congrat on passing the first level.

Build a log cabin? Second level

Buld a by-god big cabin? Third level.

Start at spring and far from any village? That's the challenge.

Why spring, you ask? Choose winter as starting time and you have about one month before snow fall. you got all the late autumn foods to gather in forest, enough to survive a month into snow time. CHoose spring and you are deep in winter, with nothing to gather, not enough tool, and a full month before snow melt. Either make a few javelins and pray that you find a small reindeer before you are too weak to move, or pray that you will find a human to cannibal. Hunting fish with Javelin in winter is a losing gamble.

Destroid

Arcane
Notrium is a good one. You crash land on an alien planet with the goal of escaping back into space. Several classes to play as, plenty of items, enemies and recipes etc.

notrium_01.jpg

Eyeball

Arcane
Yes, STALKER is your best bet if you add a "cunts actually die from less than 12 bullets" mod.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Payday The Hesit. On the Overkill+ difficulty. The Heat Street. Alone.

Ps. Impossible. Literally. Seriously.

Ps2. Even with the three AI dudes.

Emily

Arcane
If you can't live without purdy 3d graffix you can try STALKERs with some realism mods attached. I'd say that the best bet.

I also remember one game called Jurassic Park: Trespasser had pretty nice graphics and physics engine for its time,
but I never gotten round to playing it myself back then (iirc it was the crysis of 1998 and I had a measly Pentium 100) so can't say if it's actually focused on surival that much.

If you want zombies, Rogue survivor is probably your best bet
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-ironman-rogue-survivor.70689/

If you can live without zombies, Robinson's Requiem is a classic.
Also, this thread for additional stuff:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/survival-games-like-robinsons-requiem.37133/
Thanks will check it out : )

Minecraft.
can't say it is an proper survival game : D

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
UnReal World is the only real option. Not finished? What? The game has been in development since 1992. It is finished like Nethack is finished.

Otherwise you are out of luck. You can play Rogue Survivor, which is good fun for a while but completely misses the "end game".

Survival aspect in most games is paper thin at best.

Emily

Arcane
UnReal World is the only real option. Not finished? What? The game has been in development since 1992. It is finished like Nethack is finished.

Otherwise you are out of luck. You can play Rogue Survivor, which is good fun for a while but completely misses the "end game".

Survival aspect in most games is paper thin at best.
I dunno why but i get very frustrated when playing unfinished games, just can't ignore that the world isnt finished and polished. Will probably give it another go in due time : D.
Btw have you ever heard or played Fort zombie? It is superb survival game,with food medicine, ammo,guns etc finding survivors and bulding base : D. Just not very polished one.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Move to Detroit. Survival there is extremely challenging, crack fiends take the place of zombies, and the graphics are super realistic.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haven & Hearth.

It's hardcore as fuck and Russians are motherfuckers who love to fuck you over.

Gregz

Arcane

This game seems simple at first, but it's actually quite challenging and fun.

It is a genre mix of strategy and RPG elements, which combines the best parts of both gaming worlds. The game transfers you into a scenario in which you have the simple goal to conquer the remaining habitable locations in an unfriedly world populated with several types of characters, but also braindead mutants. Well, the second goal is to survive (and I’m pretty sure, this will be your main task during your first tries).
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/450/Burntime.html

Renegen

Arcane
I could never play Burntime. It had such a bad control scheme I couldn't do anything no matter how much I mashed or clicked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom