Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty Pleasures gives birth to Let's make a Princess 2!

Worm King

Scholar
What will happen if you teach her magic? Will she become a sorceress queen?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
When I last left you guys, Immershun is turning delinquent. I tried scolding her a bit.

pm2_056.png

But it didn't do anything, she still has that sour face and all the scolding did was 2 stress reduction.

I've heard suggestions of sending her into the farm to build up muscles. So OK,i'll do that. Before going to the farm I'll let her go on supervised leave. (Otherwise She might do dumb things)

pm2_058.png

So ten days of time off with 20 days at the farm. The ten days went without a hitch, however the farming was a complete wreck. She REFUSES TO DO ANY WORK. WTF. At least she still gain stats from doing absolutely NOTHING.

lazyfarming.jpg

Amazingly, she earned 10 G from one day she worked. Not bad. :lol:

I tried bribing her with a cake. But after I paid for it, she refuses to eat it cause she's sick. Damn it! :evil: So I have to take her to the doctor and give her lots of rest days next month.

pm2_066.png

Since I'm a cheapskate I'm not sending her to the Sanatorium, she'll be taken care of by the butler at home for following month. Just when I thought I was gonna save some cash, she did the unthinkable.

She went missing and bought herself some shit in the market. WTF!
pm2_068.png

FUCK!

pm2_069.png

Double Fucked.

pm2_070.png

Well at least she's fine and returned to well-behaved at the end of the month. Sigh. She blew my budget. I'm only getting annual salary right? Argh! :x

So what should we do next? Keep farming? I think I just wasted two months for almost no gains.

RK47

Patron
Worm King said:
What will happen if you teach her magic? Will she become a sorceress queen?

yes

also in case ppl wondering this is the kid's bio data so you can advise me better

pm2_071.png

Erebus

Arcane
Eh. I've never had her misbehave so early in the game. Never played with an Aquarius, though (her astrological sign determines her initial stats).

Since she looks happy again, I'd suggest Farm, Farm, Rest, Farm. Let's focus on developing her muscles (and earning money).

It's amusing how she has to work while we idle all day. We can't even teach her how to fight, for all that we are a powerful hero. If this were the real world, I think we would be a pretty despicable father.[/i]

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
This always worked for me at the start of the game (going for hero or ruling queen ending):

• Buy the summer and winter dresses and equip them in their respective seasons to avoid the ill effects from bad weather.
  • Send her to the farm to work on her constitution and make some cash for the first two periods of the month.
  • She should end the month with no stress at all, the best way to do so is to give her some free time. Pocket money will help reduce the stress even more but it shouldn't be needed this early in game, though I think it helps build father/daughter relationship.
  • Another way to relieve stress is vacations but these cost money and aren't as effective as free time. The positive effect is that they build father/daughter relationship and going to the sea during summer makes her lose weight; careful about going to the mountain during fall as she will gain weight.
  • After a while, you can mix the farm job with the housework, it's good for raising Temperance and the only way to do so.
  • By the time her constitution is high enough, you should have a lot of cash to send her to school. Raising her fighting stats means you can go adventuring but raising her artistic stats will allow you to participate in the harvest festival. You can only participate in the art contest if she did a painting in art school before. Said painting depends only on her sensitivity, if high enough she can draw the Advent of Angels on her first try.
  • If you know the right places, you can get your daughter to get nice armour and weapons from the adventure part without buying any first. This can give a nice boost to her fighting skills but can be dangerous. Also with enough sensitivity, she can talk to most monsters to leave her in peace, which is a nice touch.
  • Don't forget to visit the castle to improve her popularity.

sheek

Arbiter
50% Housework, 50% Farming, let her take a day off only if Stress becomes dangerously high. Don't be a softie, she needs to toughen up.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Are the newer Princess Maker games, 3 and 4, also worthwhile?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
"RPG Codex, you think you know what we like to play? B-u-l-l-s-h-i-t."

RK47

Patron
Followed your advice and starting to do well, in she's starting to earn bonus for job well done at the farm.

pm2_013-1.png

Here's her usual schedule:
pm2_029-1.png

10 days of farming 10 days of housework then rest days are proving to be quite a good formula. But her 11th birthday is coming soon and new jobs will be available: Lumberjack and Salon. I haven't sent her to a single school. We've got some 1000 gold stockpiled. Which present should we buy for her on birthday?

pm2_031.png

And what school should we send her to?

Here's her current stat.

pm2_033.png

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Gragt said:
This always worked for me at the start of the game (going for hero or ruling queen ending):

• Buy the summer and winter dresses and equip them in their respective seasons to avoid the ill effects from bad weather.
  • Send her to the farm to work on her constitution and make some cash for the first two periods of the month.
  • She should end the month with no stress at all, the best way to do so is to give her some free time. Pocket money will help reduce the stress even more but it shouldn't be needed this early in game, though I think it helps build father/daughter relationship.
  • Another way to relieve stress is vacations but these cost money and aren't as effective as free time. The positive effect is that they build father/daughter relationship and going to the sea during summer makes her lose weight; careful about going to the mountain during fall as she will gain weight.
  • After a while, you can mix the farm job with the housework, it's good for raising Temperance and the only way to do so.
  • By the time her constitution is high enough, you should have a lot of cash to send her to school. Raising her fighting stats means you can go adventuring but raising her artistic stats will allow you to participate in the harvest festival. You can only participate in the art contest if she did a painting in art school before. Said painting depends only on her sensitivity, if high enough she can draw the Advent of Angels on her first try.
  • If you know the right places, you can get your daughter to get nice armour and weapons from the adventure part without buying any first. This can give a nice boost to her fighting skills but can be dangerous. Also with enough sensitivity, she can talk to most monsters to leave her in peace, which is a nice touch.
  • Don't forget to visit the castle to improve her popularity.
I was feeling pretty guilty after opening this thread and seeing a game that I had tried to forget I had spent hours playing years ago, but your disturbingly detailed recollection of facets of the game that I never noticed made me feel a lot better about myself. Thanks, sir gragt
icon_salut.gif

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
If you want to feel even more relieved, I once wrote a text file with all data concerning the game: all the events, their triggers, stats needed to talk to castle dwellers, adventure mode maps and hidden spots, job wages and stats change, school, etc.

Plus a badass list of all endings and their requirements.

:honourblade:

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Gragt said:
If you want to feel even more relieved, I once wrote a text file with all data concerning the game: all the events, their triggers, stats needed to talk to castle dwellers, adventure mode maps and hidden spots, job wages and stats change, school, etc.

Plus a badass list of all endings and their requirements.

:honourblade:
That'd make me feel better, except that I probably read it and used it to get the ending with the nude pic of the girl in the bathtub.

RK47

Patron
maybe you're a more qualified father than I am gragt lol

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Bah, I kinda forgot most of this though some details still go through the mist...

Anyway the biggest part of the fun comes from discovering stuff and when you know more try to achieve some special endings. It's fun to see how much you can go with both positive and negative final scores.

Tigranes

Arcane
Rest at the final period of each month is usually the safe way. Apparently good, well-behaved girls require 10 days of slacking off per month.

You should move on to Salon and other 'girly' stuff soonish or you'll end up raising a supermuscular brute.

I vote for whoever said female reverend ray.

sheek

Arbiter
Give her a book as a present, to increase her Intelligence which is not too bad and which she'll need if she starts studying.

What schools are available?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom