Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilds Wars 2 beta sign up is open

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Signed up. The best way to see if an MMORPG will be crap or not is to play beta. Never had an MMOG change significantly from beta to retail.

Angthoron

Arcane
Same. Hoping to get in, never have any luck with random numbers and beta. Only way to see if it's really all it's hyped up to be.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Signing up? Random luck?

:smug:

Man, I bet Hoaxmetal hates me so much right now.

Black_Willow

Arcane
I haven't played any Korean MMO (I assume you have some experience in this matter), but I don't think you get so well made cities like Divinity's Reach in Korean MMOs.

EDIT: But seriously, I don't get it. What's so "Korean-looking" in GW2?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The art style has always been similar to the style in Korean mmos/games, actually more so in GW1. Not sure if it's because of NCsoft publishing or just they hired a Korean artist.

But any Korean influence is solely relegated to art style. GW1 is like on the opposite end of the spectrum from Korean/Asian MMOs. And GW2 is still pretty far away.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Character art and much of the armor art has a Korean vibe. It did so in GW1 (not only Factions) and it does so in GW2. As long as they don't over do it Perfect World style I don't see any problem there.
The actual problem is over the top particle effects and pointless weak monster grinding that the newer GW2 videos show. Those are reminiscent of bad Korean/Asian mmos.

curry

Arcane
Thanks for signing up!

Thanks for signing up for a chance to participate in the Guild Wars 2 beta test. We've received your application and we'll email you if you've been accepted. We appreciate your interest in Guild Wars 2!

Sincerely,

The Guild Wars 2 Team

With over one million applicants it's very unlikely that I get in, but if I do and don't like the game, I will post my login info here. :smug:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
http://www.computerbase.de/news/2012-02/naechste-phase-der-guild-wars-2-beta-ende-maerz/

The actual beta-test seems to be scheduled for the end of March. Application was open for 48 hours and netted over 1 million applicants. Seems the testers are to be chosen according to their system-setups. Which sucks, because I think my setup is quite solid and common. Not much to beta-test there...

My computer, on the other hand, sucks, so I might get a spot for them to see how much it sucks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So will I see any of you BROs online this weekend? We could level our toons togehter while descussing the merits of [NDA] vs [NDA] for [NDA] in [NDA]

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Why all the hatin'? I just want to play with BROs :(

:foreveralone:

Anyway, my client is at 95% downloadan. If any of you BROs out there are elite individuals and want to roll together this weekend, shoot me a PM. Will be nice to have someone I can talk about [NDA] with.

made

Arcane
Why all the hatin'? I just want to play with BROs :(

:foreveralone:

Anyway, my client is at 95% downloadan. If any of you BROs out there are elite individuals and want to roll together this weekend, shoot me a PM. Will be nice to have someone I can talk about [NDA] with.
So are you going to share how terrible their micro-transactions scheme is or will you go all LOLNDA on us?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So are you going to share how terrible their micro-transactions scheme is or will you go all LOLNDA on us?

I signed a LOLNDA. If I break it, it'll reflect poorly both on me and my friend who used her position as a GW2 dev to sneak me into the beta.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom