Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guild Wars=The Beatles

Higher Game

Arcane
The top 5 topics (and #6) are about this mediocre game, just how the mediocre band had the top 5 songs on the chart at one time. At this point, I think Guild Wars and World of Warcraft should have forums for themselves.

My biggest issue with Guild Wars is the impossibility of being a player killer. Also, the death penalty is too low, and the servers can't hold enough people. This disappointing game should have its own section...

Sarvis

Erudite
Higher Game said:
The top 5 topics (and #6) are about this mediocre game, just how the mediocre band had the top 5 songs on the chart at one time. At this point, I think Guild Wars and World of Warcraft should have forums for themselves.

My biggest issue with Guild Wars is the impossibility of being a player killer.

Wow... so the game sucks because you can't ruin the game for others. That's great.

Glad you won't be playing!

LlamaGod

Cipher
Guild Wars seems alright but nothing amazing.

Just popular because its new.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Guild Wars totally sucks because it isn't Lineage 2 OMFG. Bring on the mass pking, ganking and losing items and experience upon death! :roll:

On a side note, what's the deal with people on the Codex who join the guild and then leave mysteriously after a couple of days? Let me guess, your "brother" uses the account, too. Or, oh, "the cloak is gay". Right.

LlamaGod

Cipher
if I get the game i'll be making my own guild

because yours probably is teh s uck

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
Sol Invictus said:
Guild Wars totally sucks because it isn't Lineage 2 OMFG. Bring on the mass pking, ganking and losing items and experience upon death! :roll:

On a side note, what's the deal with people on the Codex who join the guild and then leave mysteriously after a couple of days? Let me guess, your "brother" uses the account, too. Or, oh, "the cloak is gay". Right.

Probably the you factor.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
So, Higher Gamer gets bored of defending the banal piece of fluff that is Jade Empire and decides to try his hand at whoring for attention.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hahaha.

JE is aweosme. Only a FAKE role-player woudl think it was fluff.

And, oh GW is cool. I haven't left the guild; but I'm not gonna be playing it lots at the momemnt since I'm focusing on something else at the moment.

And, the guild is good. I just need to travel with guild members...

Sarvis

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
Or, oh, "the cloak is gay". Right.

Well... it is. ;)

Nah, cloak isn't "gay" it's just not as good as the old one, or some of the other ones that were proposed. :(

Generally the people who actually show up in our guild are cool. Ex isn't nearly as much of an ass as he is here either... heh. ;)

It's just that there's a bunch of people on the guild list who haven't signed in in like a week... :(

Rulion

Liturgist
I think Game gets off by making idiotic posts and getting people to hate him. He's probably sitting in the corner of his room right now, jerking off on his dog.

From what I've managed to gather, it's a good game and the people on the Codex are actually liking it. I doubt they'll be many posts on it in a few months, though. Secondly, Beatles being a lame band? You love being controversial, don't you?

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Sol Invictus said:

Or because half the people in the guild dont want to play with each other because they are "solo" or "im just too high lvl for you...sigh". The only person I've actually played with in the entire guild was PennyAnte and that was for like a half hour. I like how I went on GUild wars and your message popped up "where is everyone?", its the effect of being an asshole.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Sarvis said:
Nah, cloak isn't "gay" it's just not as good as the old one, or some of the other ones that were proposed. :(
No no no - the cloak is definitely TEH GHEY.
That was the whole point! And it looks way different from all those other clone cloaks out there.

Sarvis said:
Generally the people who actually show up in our guild are cool.
Awwww....shucks. :wink:

Sarvis said:
It's just that there's a bunch of people on the guild list who haven't signed in in like a week... :(
I haven't been playing much in the last week due to other (R/L) commitments.

Really, the main interest for me now is the comraderie of playing with other people. I have even just popped in a couple of times, for at most 5 minutes, just to message people!
As for playing with Guild Members, Deathboy is in NZ, so we play hours together. I have a couple of mates in Australia who will be getting it very soon as well (they are ex-pat NZers), so I also intend to be on more often on the near future.

Maybe we need to spread our guild net wider, if we want to have more guild members online at any one time.

Jennifer

Liturgist
I could give a rat's ass about Guild Wars, but anybody who says the Beatles are mediocre needs to to be taken out back and clubbed like a seal.

Deathboy

Liturgist
Shagnak said:
As for playing with Guild Members, Deathboy is in NZ, so we play hours together. I have a couple of mates in Australia who will be getting it very soon as well (they are ex-pat NZers), so I also intend to be on more often on the near future.
Do I know these Australians?
If they're the ones I'm thinkin of..........

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Jennifer said:
I could give a rat's ass about Guild Wars, but anybody who says the Beatles are mediocre needs to to be taken out back and clubbed like a seal.
Agreed Jennifer! That's crazy talk.

Deathboy said:
Do I know these Australians?
If they're the ones I'm thinkin of..........
Err...yes...quite possibly. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Watch out world!!
:wink:

CrusaderTemplar

Liturgist
oh i be playing on the weekends. school has been rather busy for me. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom