Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GSC (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs) reopened, developing Cossacks 3

Ivan

Arcane
cautiously fapping. I mean, most, if not all, of the staff that worked on the series has moved on to Vostok or others, no?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I wonder how the West scamming motivated them to get back to live.
This day started good.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wow I didnt know GSC also made Cossacks. One of my favorite strategy games. :salute:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
While I'm happy they are back... didn't they want to do a CONSOLE version of the next S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
If this is the only "real" stalker news to come out of that West Games fiasco then I would be mighty pleased with this. Wouldnt it be super cool if they launched their own kickstarter to help finance a Stalker sequel? I bet they could easily get a couple of millions just out of the coverage the scamers have drummed up for the franchise lately, and frankly with all the Stalker sales over at Steam and gog after theyshut the project down they might have a bit of money for devlopment there too

Executr

Cipher
cautiously fapping. I mean, most, if not all, of the staff that worked on the series has moved on to Vostok or others, no?

Yeah, I think most went to create 4A Games (did the Metro series) and Vostok Games (working on Survarium).
That's why I'm very cautious of their comeback. Well, let's hope they create something worthy of the STALKER name.

Raapys

Arcane
Ye them wanting to do console version bodes badly. Still, Metro2033 is fun enough, and presumably Stalker will remain the better game even when going console.

A horse of course

Is this another Black Isle-esque "comeback" considering where all the talent has gone?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Stalker is one of the most overrated games on the Codex. It's good but has tons of flaws.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Great Cossacks is awesome, one of the most fun RTS I played even on single player, way more fun than Age of Empires and alot more historic accurate. It never gets old seeing the result of a cannon barrage on massed infantry. They are going safe and starting small, Stalker 2 would require millions on a kickstarter AND they being lucky into finding an investor like Daniel Vavra did that allowed the game to a proper Stalker game and not Skyrim with guns.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah I saw tha they're working on new Cossaks and though later that - it's actually good idea. They may sort stuff with making (inspired by) Stalker game and we can see how that game made by some guy (forgot the title, sorry) Dangerous Rays went out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom