Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire: Will it be released this year?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can we please get some more details on Grimoire? Or are you under an agreement not to spoil anything? Chances are the game will never be released so you might as well give us as many details as possible.

SkeleTony

Augur
Contrary to what the Blakemoore apologists will tell you, he really IS a fucked up individual. Now, I realize that with the shortage of classic RPGs coming out many will be tempted to downplay or ignore that fact that he thinks all non-whites are "mud people", that America will be destroyed(due to the effects of "Liberalism") through civil war in 2003(yes...5 years ago was his prediction back in like 1998-'99 or so), that Hispanics and blacks are genetically inferior and predisposed towards crimes against humanity and even that Conservatives and Liberals have differences in their DNA related to their political leanings.

But even IF you don't care much WHO you support in this regard, Grimoire just isn't any good. His idea of 'creativity' evidently is to just take things from Wizardry, as far as player character races and such and stupidly rename them(i.e "Dwarves" => "Barrowers" etc.) for the most part. I don't remember details about things like dungeon layouts and level designs and such(I played the original beta for DOS back in the 90s before learning what Cleeve was about) and the addition/restorations of features like two-weapon fighting and such do not, IMO elevate the game above it's flaws. Some of the game's 'features' may hold a nostalgic primitive charm for some(such as the 'pop-up battles' with monsters you cannot see coming) but they come across is horribly dated even for ME(and I am a guy who still plays Nahlakh and Helherron for crying out loud!).

mondblut

Arcane
Jasede said:
Can we please get some more details on Grimoire? Or are you under an agreement not to spoil anything? Chances are the game will never be released so you might as well give us as many details as possible.

Well, the NDA is not lifted :)

Amasius

Augur
Someone at the Basilisk Games forum uploaded the old Grimoire beta and here's the link where to download this belated masterpiece.

Some early screenshots:

grimoire_002.png

grimoire_003.png

grimoire_004.png

grimoire_007.png

grimoire_034.png

grimoire_011.png

grimoire_035.png

grimoire_042.png

grimoire_037.png

Damn, I like it!

zer

Novice
Amasius said:
Someone at the Basilisk Games forum uploaded the old Grimoire beta and here's the link where to download this belated masterpiece.

Hope Cleave doesn't lynch me :)
Yea, game looks good, despite old "dos -engine" and early beta stage.

Jason

chasing a bee
Apparently my "video card has insufficient ram/does not support required resolution". Awesome.
Has anyone tried it with DOSBox?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
FURRIES

edit: if Blakemore, because of this, annoyedly decides not to release his game I will FUCKING KILL YOU NERDRAGE RAWR

Andhaira

Arcane
Well, considering that the game is pretty sweet, he may actually not mind. Good press adn all.

Plus, the disclaimer at the beginning says its freely distibutable. I just don't get why it took so long to surface, and why it wasn;t on like download.com or something!

Oh and btw, check out the "Story" section on the main title page (also posted here). Lol, he found a way to fit in chaos, anarchy, etc etc.

Oh and "Rights reserved internationally" :D

(That first fairy npc is damn annoying btw!)

dagorkan

Arbiter
SkeleTony said:
that fact that he thinks all non-whites are "mud people", that America will be destroyed(due to the effects of "Liberalism") through civil war in 2003(yes...5 years ago was his prediction back in like 1998-'99 or so), that Hispanics and blacks are genetically inferior and predisposed towards crimes against humanity and even that Conservatives and Liberals have differences in their DNA related to their political leanings.
Sounds like a typical GD Codexer to me...

Anyway I'm about to give that beta a try, no idea what to expect.

neilsouth

Augur
Well its supposed to be out tomorrow , atleast thats going by the XMAS 2007... Chance of that happening about 1% :lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
What if someone with a sense of humour just bought the domain and hacked that website together?

aboyd

Liturgist
It's Christmas. I stayed up late just to get my Grimoire gift. But there is no gift. Nada.

Yet another promised release date, missed. My expectations are shattered. :(

Andhaira

Arcane
Australia is in a different timezone. Maybe that affects it.

wouldn't be shocked if he puts it out at 11:59PM

Atomic

Augur
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Some people are too optimistic.
Or naive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom