Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire RSF Unpacker

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wrote a small utility to unpack the .RSF file. It seems to pull most of the files correctly (.MID and .WAV files in particular), but several of the file types are missing headers or otherwise encoded.

Updated: now generates headers for .BMP files.

Source is here: https://github.com/guroukku/grime (pls no bully)
Windows binary attached below.

Attachments

• rsfutil.zip
    799.8 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Tried for about 15 minutes to insert a BMP header into an extracted BMP file. Couldn't get one to work. Will look at this more later.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Ok...got one to load, just a bunch of somewhat random pixels, probably have to tweak the bmp DIB header a bit.

I can tell there is an image there...it's just sort of going diagonal...

Using "Rune" files in the DIC folder, size is 42x42. (I think)

Zep--

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok...got one to load, just a bunch of somewhat random pixels, probably have to tweak the bmp DIB header a bit.

I can tell there is an image there...it's just sort of going diagonal...

Using "Rune" files in the DIC folder, size is 42x42. (I think)

Zep--

I've updated the utility to generate headers, which works for everything in the SCN, SCR and IGX folders, but files in DIC and elsewhere are skewed as you say.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Getting a little closer with the non-working bitmaps.

v8.PNG

I need to tweak the palette start/end and/or image pixel data start (I think).

Will look more tomorrow...

Zep--

mercyRPG

Cipher
Ultimate goal is to unpack RSF properly, edit the files and PACK IT BACK PROPERLY, so the game loads unfazed. Then we have a perfect MOD tool. Especially I'm eyeing some WAV files to edit: metallic hit sound for ex.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Ultimate goal is to unpack RSF properly, edit the files and PACK IT BACK PROPERLY, so the game loads unfazed. Then we have a perfect MOD tool. Especially I'm eyeing some WAV files to edit: metallic hit sound for ex.

My dear sir, please please please change the aileekaiyohhh voice.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Well, Cleve said he will release the Grimoire tools for modders anyway at some point. And we all know it will take some time.

groke

Arcane
Patron
et voilà:
PROP15.png

Bitmaps now unpack with correct headers (though some look like they might be losing a column of pixels on one side, will need some more investigation). Next up is figuring out the DMI sprite files.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
put it and a copy of the bundle file in its own folder
rename the bundle file to something like Bundle.rsf
open cmd prompt

run in the cmd window:
rsfunpack.exe bundle.rsf

it will create a directory called BUNDLE-Z.RSF with the file unpacked.

that's how I did it, anyway.
main thing being, you HAVE to rename the bundle, or the directory does not get created.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom