Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Cleve proves to be an untrustworthy liar once again. Not a man to deliever on his promises and stick to his word.

Perhaps he thought the game will be appreciated and provide him a steady income. It obivously didn't.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
The game is appreciated.

By prestigious connaisseurs of quality old school RPGs.

I am sure Cleve never thought this game would yield a "steady income". A very small down payment on the new bunker and the knowledge that a select few chosen ones are enjoying it immensely would be sufficient i guess.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd just like word on when the backer rewards are coming out (or if he has decided not to fulfill them just say so).

It's insane to think that this game has been out for over a year, and it's been 5 years since the guaranteed release date, and there is still no stated plan by Cleve to fulfill on his campaign promises.

It's also been almost a year since cleve has updated the indiegogo campaign information.

edit... I am also willing to acknowledge anybody who takes issue with this post.

I am so good at doing karate right now.

CHALLENGE ME!!!!

Last edited:

Punch

aaaaaa
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
YgXRIiK.png

what has this forum done to me

edit: lmao if you have high DPI settings disable it in Grimoire.exe, only the lowly Homo Sapiens needs to enlarge pixels on their screen to be able to see apparently so you have to disable it for the game to fit on the screen properly.

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam:
Stealing theme is so irrelevant to the topic, as Tanist's ugly behaviour.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 Jul @ 4:53am
Except that the game has been heavily pirated and played with the excuse that the "price was too high." The discount sale is not for those people. I wouldn't want their money in any event because Grimoire was never created for those kinds of people.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
YgXRIiK.png

what has this forum done to me

edit: lmao if you have high DPI settings disable it in Grimoire.exe, only the lowly Homo Sapiens needs to enlarge pixels on their screen to be able to see apparently so you have to disable it for the game to fit on the screen properly.

Dude!!! The game made Steam not in English?

That's fucked up!!!

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
I've known about Cleve and GRIMOIRE for not as long as some of you may have (and I hadn't had the pleasure to read his postings for all these years), but one thing I've learnt about him is: Don't trust, don't fear, don't beg. That's the way you should behave towards Cleve.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A turtle scientist’s crude behavior has sparked a #metoo moment in herpetology

https://qz.com/1330066/turtle-scientist-richard-vogt-is-accused-of-sexually-inappropriate-behavior/

Richard Vogt, a prominent herpetologist who studies turtles, used photos of scantily clad women doing field work in his slides during an acceptance presentation last week for a major award. An audiovisual organizer at the conference put blue censorship boxes over parts of the women’s bodies. The Herpetologists’ League rescinded the award Friday (July 13) after outcry over the presentation.

In a past talk, Vogt used a photo of a woman lying in the sand in a bikini with baby turtles “nestled near her breasts,” Lori Neuman-Lee, who leads the Herpetologists’ League’s new diversity and inclusion committee, told the Times. “It wasn’t explicit,” she said, “but it was not professional.”

Amid the outcry, several noted that herpetology, as a field, has had a sexual harassment problem for years.

Vogt defended his presentation in an email to the Times on Monday, saying that there was “nothing sexual or indecent about the photos,” and that he is “very sad that this has happened,” adding that he has “been a part of this community for 54 years.”

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I finally found a product that simulates the Grimoire customer service experience.

https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Ass-Mister/dp/B000OCEWGW

Once unleashed, this power–packed, super–concentrated liquid begins to evaporate filling the air with a genuine, foul butt–crack smell with hints of dead animal and fresh poo. Each spray of this soul shattering liquid summons the Ass Genie to manhandle your senses. Watching the facial grimaces of people and hearing their comments about the part–your–hair, gagging stench will have you laughing until it hurts.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
After 6 years of waiting for this game I think its just time to give people refunds.

I am no longer interested in playing this game.

This was most likely Cleve's intent the entire time. String out the "delivery" process so long and just sell the game as digital only. It doesn't matter to me either way once I get a refund.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
You can soon have ‘sex’ with Amazon’s Alexa

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/you-can-soon-have-sex-with-amazons-alexa/

180720-amazon-echo-sex-toys-feature.jpg

Amazon's Echo speaker (center) will now be able to take your commands and send instructions to Lovense sex toys. Composite; Amazon; Lovense

The voice-controlled AI has made its way into the popular Lovense series of smart sex toys, giving you more control over your late-night action than ever before.

Lovense toys can already be controlled remotely using an app, but now Alexa voice commands will activate them too.

An upcoming app update, revealed exclusively to The Sun, will add support for Amazon’s hugely popular Alexa service.

So you might say “Alexa, make me smile with Hush,” and the smart butt plug will begin vibrating – even if it’s miles away from the Amazon Echo speaker.

Or you could shout “Alexa, please my partner with Lush on high,” and your spouse will get a sudden surprise from their egg vibrator.

“The orgasms we have might feel the same, but the way we are having them is becoming increasingly varied,” a Lovense spokesperson explained.

“This company certainly wants us to experience new things is an adventurous and thrilling way.”

You’ll be able to use your Amazon Echo to control the Lovense toys in the bedroom, of course.

But dedicated kinksters will enjoy the ability to control their partners’ toys from afar.

Lovense says that its toys help “bridge the gap in intimacy experienced by people in long distance relationships,” and Alexa integration takes that a step further.

What’s great about this announcement is that randy toy enthusiasts who already own a Lovense product won’t need to fork out for a saucy new gadget.

“We update the app regularly – anyone with a Lovense toy and the Lovense Remote app will be able to simply update the app to use the feature,” Lovense told The Sun.

Alexa can turn the toys on, but she can also change the intensity of the vibrations.

Asking her to make you “smile” will result in a less powerful buzz than asking to “moan,” or even “scream.”

And the Alexa functionality will continue to get smarter over time, too.

Lovense told The Sun that it’s working on making it possible for Alexa to set up alarm clock schedules for your toys – so they vibrate at specific times of the day.

Alexa will also be able to sync your toy to a Spotify account, making it buzz along to the music. Alternatively, Alexa can enable ambient sound vibrations, so the buzz changes depending on nearby noise levels.

And she’ll be able to load any custom-made patterns you create too, eventually.

A Lovense spokesperson told The Sun that the feature should become available in about four weeks, but there’s no firm release date yet.

GandGolf

Augur
After 6 years of waiting for this game I think its just time to give people refunds.

I am no longer interested in playing this game.

This was most likely Cleve's intent the entire time. String out the "delivery" process so long and just sell the game as digital only. It doesn't matter to me either way once I get a refund.

But you got the digital copy so Cleve doesn't think you are entitled to anything more. Or he'll say he'll send you the (partial) refund 1 second before everybody else gets their physical copies with hard cover manuals, and then you'll be left in prosperland wailing and gnashing your teeth with Rodney Lucas and Linmukai! Cleve's is only asking you to have faith in him and to patiently wait another decade (or more).

Tigranes

Arcane
Honestly, I'm glad: playing Grimoire in 2024 with the early incomplete draft of the manual will be a whole new experience. Cleve has made it possible to enjoy Grimoire several times over throughout a decade or even more, where other games would need to release 4 sequels to achieve the same

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom