Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Maybe he was eaten by a dingo.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Also

death-stranding-baby.jpg

Is that a motherfucking Golden Baby reference?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
He was fired and THEN he sent a resignation letter...BIG DIFFERENCE. It's well documented.

Zep--

You are confusing shutting down the project with firing. And you are generally drunk, so there's that.

Shutting down a project is effectually firing all the contractors on said project. And you generally have your tongue so far up Cleve's ass you can lick his tonsils, so there's that.

Zep--

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
He was fired and THEN he sent a resignation letter...BIG DIFFERENCE. It's well documented.

Zep--

You are confusing shutting down the project with firing. And you are generally drunk, so there's that.

Shutting down a project is effectually firing all the contractors on said project. And you generally have your tongue so far up Cleve's ass you can lick his tonsils, so there's that.

Zep--

Laying people off is not firing for cause. You know this, but your Wernike's is showing.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Zep--

Zep--

Laying people off is not firing for cause. You know this, but your Wernike's is showing.

It's also well documented they were under performing and getting nowhere. You know this, but your brain can't think correctly without oxygen because of huffing Cleve's farts.

Zep--

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

Zep--

Zep--

It's also well documented they were under performing and getting nowhere. You know this, but your brain can't think correctly without oxygen because of huffing Cleve's farts.

Zep--

OK. I am pretty sure that nobody dedicates more brain share on Cleve and his game than you do. Biggus just posts incessantly in a thread for a game he loathes. You do that -and- code a trainer for it. You are tops.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Zep--

Zep--

Zep--

OK. I am pretty sure that nobody dedicates more brain share on Cleve and his game than you do. Biggus just posts incessantly in a thread for a game he loathes. You do that -and- code a trainer for it. You are tops.

Probably a spurned lover. But showing true dedication.
Love hurts

Biggus

Scholar

If you fanboys stop trying to convince us that Cleve is god and that Grimoire is a good game, then I guess I wouldn't have to post "incessantly" :P

I don't loathe the game, I loathe the cretins who think Cleve walks on water, and try to justify their positions accordingly. I am happy to sit back and enjoy the trainwreck that this is. Still waiting for Calvin to come back and entertain us. He is due for another meltdown soon, though I guess he's still working on those almost 30 November updates that he didn't give us. What a plonker.

Last edited:

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture

If you fanboys stop trying to convince us that Cleve is god and that Grimoire is a good game, then I guess I wouldn't have to post "incessantly" :P

I don't loathe the game, I loathe the cretins who think Cleve walks on water, and try to justify their positions accordingly. I am happy to sit back and enjoy the trainwreck that this is. Still waiting for Calvin to come back and entertain us. He is due for another meltdown soon, though I guess he's still working on those almost 30 November updates that he didn't give us. What a plonker.

Well, I have some good news then. This thread is nothing but you and Zep thread-shitting on a daily basis. I guess your job is done and you can go home now.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
BEGIN TRANSMISSION:

Men! I am posting from the future...

It's 10:06 pm, Dec. 15th

I have bad news...

The Grimwah manual wasn't released.

Please continue on with your normal daily activities. Don't bother F5ing all day.

END TRANSMISSION!

Zep--

Biggus

Scholar
Well, I have some good news then. This thread is nothing but you and Zep thread-shitting on a daily basis. I guess your job is done and you can go home now.

Tell you what. When the fanboys stop the Cleve worship, when they stop telling us how great Grimwah is, and when they stop living in a pretend world, I'll stop posting :)
Last time I looked, I mainly respond to posts, not instigate them, much as I am doing here in fact. Hey, I've got an idea, why don't YOU stop posting and then I won't have to reply. :P Easy peasy.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So anyone feel like giving me a tl:dr on this game, what did it end up doing well, and what went wrong? Is it at least better than MMX or Xulima?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So anyone feel like giving me a tl:dr on this game, what did it end up doing well, and what went wrong? Is it at least better than MMX or Xulima?
Authentically old-school feel, specifically of turn-based blobbers, and even more specifically of Wizardry VII
Vast environment for exploration, with a substantial amount of non-linearity even in the first phase of the game, and extreme non-linearity once you pass the first phase
Many options in character creation and progression (party of 8)
Well-designed dungeons with puzzles that make for fun exploration
Not one but two giant turtles that are rideable

Combat is a tad repetitive and direly in need of rebalancing
Lack of a manual deprived newbies of crucial information
More than six microissues remaining, although these have mostly been resolved through patches

Despite its problems, definite incline
incline.png

tumblr_ou5qzjwG3C1rxmn3vo1_400.png

treborSux

Arcane

I don't loathe the game, I loathe the cretins who think Cleve walks on water, and try to justify their positions accordingly.
You don't loathe it because you think Grimoire is the greatest game you ever played. You won't stop posting because Cleve and his wonderous game are the only things left you cherish. :hug:

Biggus

Scholar
You don't loathe it because you think Grimoire is the greatest game you ever played. You won't stop posting because Cleve and his wonderous game are the only things left you cherish. :hug:

Nup, like I said, I mainly respond to the fanboys who mistakenly think that Grimoire is anything but a bad joke. In fact, it is the greatest joke I have seen in over 20 years :)

Stats... wiki... snigger. Yeah right.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Cleve, i hope all is well in the Vault. Any updates or thoughts you can share in these final days?
of 2017

Indiegogo is offering the possibility of an ICO soon. This may be an good idea for funding the further development of CD-OS as the one and only OS for those in need of an OS after the shtf.

hackncrazy

Savant
I followed the shit show that was the game around release, so I ask you guys: How is it now? Is it working as intended?

Has anyone finished it yet? Does it offer the promised 600 hours?

mondblut

Arcane
How is it now?

As good as you remember, except better! :smug:

Is it working as intended?

Dunno, but it certainly is working.

Has anyone finished it yet?

A plenty of folks.

Does it offer the promised 600 hours?

Depends on your settings and playstyle.

It is pretty much guaranteed you won't finish it in under 100 hours, but six times as much is stretching it.

Biggus

Scholar
This is a difficult time of the year for the lonely and suicidal, like ?Biggus?.

I am stong, fit, healthy, live in a beautiful house, in a magic coastal town. I want for nothing. Been retired for years, drink Wild Turkey, play games, grow veges, read, have fun, ride my Kwaka 1000, go to the beach, and generally enjoy life. Kids are coming from OS to visit at xmas, and I will probably go visit one or both of them next year.

Yup, pretty suicidal that life. :)

This thread should be renamed ad hominem. Honestly, talk about pathetic losers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom