Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Bin Laden was a patsy and probably had CIA connections - the Saudi billionaires and the US deep state have been in bed for a long time

Osama was the black sheep of the Bin Laden construction empire, so that doesn't really make a lot of sense. By the way, if you've trying to argue that the "deep state" faked 9/11, then that is quite ridiculous because the Twin Towers cost a lot to make and were a huge asset for many multinational corporations, and that cost and use wouldn't have been recoverable, and the number of people required to cover up a conspiracy would have reached ridiculous and unsustainable degrees.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Twin Towers cost a lot to make and were a huge asset for many multinational corporations, and that cost and use wouldn't have been recoverable

Do you even know that the WTC towers were sold and insured shortly before that? The owners of the towers actually made a profit, since the towers had to be completely renovated soon and that would have been almost as expensive as building new ones.

and the number of people required to cover up a conspiracy would have reached ridiculous and unsustainable degrees.

When you have no understanding of how intelligence operations work, you shouldn't make proclamation on what is possible and what not. In the world of the Mossad, ISI, MI6 etc. all information is compartmentalized, so that only a few people have the whole picture - everyone else is told lies. That is why many people can participate without even knowing that they did.

Biggus

Scholar
When you have no understanding of how intelligence operations work, you shouldn't make proclamation on what is possible and what not. In the world of the Mossad, ISI, MI6 etc. all information is compartmentalized, so that only a few people have the whole picture - everyone else is told lies. That is why many people can participate without even knowing that they did.

Yup, and Grimoire is a great game too. Now THERE'S a conspiracy! FFS :)

I guess this explains the sales and daily player numbers. Millions bought it and played it, but never knew it!

Scary.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, FFS. By your definition Skyrim and Fallout 4 are the best games ever - just look at the sales numbers.

Biggus

Scholar
Yeah, FFS. By your definition Skyrim and Fallout 4 are the best games ever - just look at the sales numbers.

Holy non sequitur batman.
You have problems with logic don't you?

Good games sell well.
However, a game that sells well is not necessarily a good game.
Maybe instead of looking up loony conspiracy theories, you could look up what a Venn diagram is.
Correlation and causation and all that.

Bad games don't sell well.

Not having played either, I can't comment. Anyway, your comments about conspiracy theories and how ignorant 'we that don't believe' are, leaves you with less credibility than you had before, which takes it into negative numbers.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
ICcYKBq.gif

Probably the majority of the thread can be encapsulated by this image. :M

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
ProTip: I hope you men have been keeping up on the Daily November Updates. You don't want to be surprised tomorrow when the Manual is released and find out you have to download 7 Gazillion JiggyBytes before you can download it and read it.

Zep--

d1nolore

Savant
Hey guys I've used up all my monthly internet data on these daily November updates, do you guys think I can hold out until next month or will we be swamped by more updates?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Can it be any expansion or does it have to be for grimoire because that changes the answer by a century

You should note that if you're a Neanderthal, you will be able to use other games' expansions with Grimoire.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
You have problems with logic don't you?

Let's see...

Good games sell well.
However, a game that sells well is not necessarily a good game.
Bad games don't sell well.

You actually managed to contradict yourself in a rant about logic. Good job, boy.
That is only if he assumed that there are only two possible categories of games: good and bad - and that all games fall into one of the two categories, that there are no average or good-for-what-they-are games.
I am not sure if you can make such conclusion from his post.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
That is only if he assumed that there are only two possible categories of games: good and bad - and that all games fall into one of the two categories, that there are no average or good-for-what-they-are games.
I am not sure if you can make such conclusion from his post.

A surprising number of people come to this conclusion on this website; they tend to use the following standard:

A good game is a game worth playing, while a bad game is one that isn't worth playing.

Regarding the absence of games that fall between these two categories, people tend to sweep games that are sometimes worth playing to the side, if not failing to acknowledge their existence.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Men! I am from the future. I regret to inform you the GrimWah manual was not released in November.

Please continue on with your normal daily activities.

It's not coming out.

Zep--

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I am just glad my internet connection survived the raging Update Tsunami of November, Grimoire Daily Update Month.

It was hectic bros. Chaos.

But now we entered December, finally more quiet waters ahead, while anticipating the release of the Manuals and Version 2 somewhere near Christmas. For an accurate time just watch the stars.

mondblut

Arcane
A surprising number of people come to this conclusion on this website; they tend to use the following standard:

A good game is a game worth playing, while a bad game is one that isn't worth playing.

By this definition, Grimoire is definitely good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom